This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Congrats on winning B2B Mangokid! That's tough to do any way you look at it. Your win kind of got lost in the Christmas shuffle... respect!
    Thanks brother! Means a lot coming from a fantastic owner like yourself, Mack. I guess I caught a bit of luck at the end with AB going off and Gurley unable to play. This fantasy football thing...it takes a massive amount of luck every week to be a bit successful. Congratulations to all the owners in this league for making it what it is - competitive and lots of fun. Much love and respect to everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Congrats on the repeat Mango. It's pretty difficult to win this one time, let alone in back to back seasons.

Comment

• Guys, I think it's time for some draft lottery reform and I'd like to start it immediately. First, as a refresher, here's how our lottery works:

Order is determined by two tier lotto
        * Tier 1 - 5th to 8th place teams with consolation round winner guaranteed a top three pick
        * Tier 2 - 2nd to 4th place teams
        * Champion drafts last

That's all fine and I think we should keep it but how we determine the results is where I want this reformed. I want us to leverage the NBA draft lottery to determine our lotto results within the above system. The reasons for this is that it takes the human element out of our lotto; I don't need to recruit someone to draw it offline. Also, there's a good reason why I want to make the switch now and that's because the NBA just reformed its lotto odd and here's how they look in the top seven:

Team 1 > 14.0%
        Team 2 > 14.0%
        Team 3 >14.0%
        Team 4 > 12.5%
        Team 5 > 10.5%
        Team 6 > 9.0%
        Team 7 > 7.5%

So three out of the worst four now have the same lotto odds and #4 isn't too far behind. We didn't want incentives to tanking in our league and I think by leveraging the NBA lotto with these new odds we effectively prevent that. Here's how our lotto would look for this coming off-season:

Tier 1 Lottery
        JBML > 14.0%
        Tucas > 14.0%
        Axel >14.0%
        Ballswin* > 12.5%

Tier 2 Lottery
        Apollo > 10.5%
        Drizz > 9.0%
        Mack > 7.5%

8th spot: Mango, the league Champ.
        *Consultation round winner is guaranteed a top three pick regardless of lotto outcome.

Let me know if you have any concerns with this change.

Comment

• Fine by me. How is the lottery conducted though?

Comment

• Good question. So, it'll go just like NBA dynasty league... For the most part. The inverted standings from our league will correspond to the NBA draft lotto ordering. So for example, here's tier 1 as it looks today:

Knicks>JBML > 14.0%
            Suns>Tucas > 14.0%
            Cavs>Axel >14.0%
            Bulls>Ballswin> 12.5%

Now let's say the NBA draft lotto turns out to be the following:

Cavs, Knicks, Suns, Hawks, Bulls,

There are two ripples in this order. First, the Hawks aren't tied to a top 4 team. Second, Ballswin won the consulation round and is supposed to be awarded a top three pick as his prize. So with that in mind here's how the order would then go 1 through 4:

Axel, JBML, Ballswin, Tucas.

So we ignore the Hawks entering the fray in tier 1 because no one is tied to their results and second, we bump Tucas down to 4th because he drew 3rd & Ballswin drew 4th but again, Ballswin is guaranteed a top three pick.

Everyone get this?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Good question. So, it'll go just like NBA dynasty league... For the most part. The inverted standings from our league will correspond to the NBA draft lotto ordering. So for example, here's tier 1 as it looks today:

Knicks>JBML > 14.0%
              Suns>Tucas > 14.0%
              Cavs>Axel >14.0%
              Bulls>Ballswin> 12.5%

Now let's say the NBA draft lotto turns out to be the following:

Cavs, Knicks, Suns, Hawks, Bulls,

There are two ripples in this order. First, the Hawks aren't tied to a top 4 team. Second, Ballswin won the consulation round and is supposed to be awarded a top three pick as his prize. So with that in mind here's how the order would then go 1 through 4:

Axel, JBML, Ballswin, Tucas.

So we ignore the Hawks entering the fray in tier 1 because no one is tied to their results and second, we bump Tucas down to 4th because he drew 3rd & Ballswin drew 4th but again, Ballswin is guaranteed a top three pick.

Everyone get this?
              Wait so we’re using NBA teams to determine our NFL lottery positions?

Comment

• It’s weird but I’m fine with it.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post

Wait so we’re using NBA teams to determine our NFL lottery positions?
                  That's what I'm proposing. It's just a means to take the draw out of our hands. They're running a perfectly good lottery.

Comment

• I’’m favour of it. And I’ll propose an oppportunity:

Given that the NBA draft lottery involves 14 teams, we could make them all relevant for our Dynasty league by assigning two NBA lottery positions to each of the seven eligible Dynasty managers.

I believe the assignment issue (how/what lottery positions would be assigned to each manager) can be solved.
                    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat Mar 16, 2019, 12:12 PM.
                    RR OG

Comment

• I didn't think we had a problem there. How it's handled in NBA Dynasty is they just ignore any team being drawn that isn't assigned to a particular dynasty team. We have two tiers and so that's slightly different but not much.

If a tier 2 team gets drawn in tier 1 we would just ignore that in tier 1 and move to the next team drawn. We're just looking for the order in which those bottom four teams come out. Likewise for the second tier.

Comment

• 8th Place: Teams 1 and 8
                        7th Place: Teams 2 and 9
                        6th Place: Teams 3 and 10
                        5th Place: Teams 4 and 11
                        4th Place: Teams 5 and 12
                        3rd Place: Teams 6 and 13
                        2nd Place: Teams 7 and 14
                        RR OG

Comment

• Yeah we can’t have a team winning twice. Just disregard my idea and stick with what works.
                          RR OG

Comment

• So we're all good with this idea? All it's doing is piggybacking off something else that is compatible with our draft. For those playing NBA Dyansty it makes lotto night even more stressful!

Comment

• So the NBA Draft Lotto is tonight, which means, NFL Dynasty Draft Lotto, is tonight!

Tier 1 Lottery
                              New York Knicks = JBML > 14.0%
                              Cleveland = Tucas > 14.0%
                              Phoenix = Axel >14.0%
                              Chicago = Ballswin* > 12.5%

Tier 2 Lottery
                              Atlanta = Apollo > 10.5%
                              Washington = Drizz > 9.0%
                              ???? = Mack > 7.5%

8th spot: Mango, the league Champ.
                              *Consultation round winner is guaranteed a top three pick regardless of lotto outcome.

So there is a flaw in the plan Apollo, Mack is slated at 7.5%, but there is no 7.5% tonight, but there are 3 different teams at 6% (New Orleans, Memphis, and Dallas) according to NBA.com. The plan was to have a team at 7.5%, but it looks like they altered the odds since the teams were in a 3 way tie.

https://www.nba.com/nba-draft-lottery-explainer

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/...ficial-release
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Thanks for posting this Axel and thanks for pointing this out this matter so we can address it beforehand. If I remember correctly I suggested tying the inverted standings to the top seven lotto teams. I think this makes Mack tied to the Memphis Grizzlies or whoever has the pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/...c/group/league

Does this make sense?

Edit: Even if it doesn't, we need to pick one of those teams today beforehand and so the Grizzlies are the nomination unless someone says otherwise.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 14, 2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X