Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 93 - Cleveland Cavaliers 128 (CLE WINS 4-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Who does Indy have to play against Love? Turner and Sabonis are not better options than JV and (theoretically) Ibaka. Turner is not some fleet footed defensive monster out there, and Sabonis is slower and less athletic than both those guys. Young? Who is a similar player to OG or Siakam physically?

Did Casey even try to match OG on Love in the whole series? Maybe play Siakam and OG together so they can just switch on the LeBron-Love screen action? I'm honestly asking, because I'm already starting to repress much of this series.
    God damn... thats actually pretty smart. Basically what the Pacers did. Why didn't Casey think of this?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      God damn... thats actually pretty smart. Basically what the Pacers did. Why didn't Casey think of this?
      He thought of putting Miles on Love.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
        So you're saying Derozan is at the same level as Noguiera?

Vince killed the franchise by leaving like he did. The 2000 season was as great as it was because of Vince, but he also was responsible for the awful years between 2002-2005 for the Raptors.

Derozan has stuck with this team and helped power them to being a very good team for 5 straight years, they're fun to watch and a team that leads to the sports fandom that matters, not debating about tanking. He had a chance to leave 2 years ago and seek something else and leave the Raptors in a bit of the rough situation, and he signed immediately. It matters. That's important to the health of the franchise.
        In sports, only winning matters. This isn't a real business where there can be multiple winners.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Young is a good defender on Love, but so is Ibaka, or at least he is supposed to be. Ibaka has a better reputation as a defender than Young.
          Ibaka used to have a good reputation as a defender. Now in his late 30's, pushing 37-38, he has clearly lost a few steps on defense. Unless he has 3 or 4 days off.

Next year, just play Ibaka once a week or so. It'll be like a special game. "It's an Ibaka game tonight!" Kind of like what Philly did with Embiid but a little more pronounced.

Comment

In sports, only winning matters. This isn't a real business where there can be multiple winners.
            Bogus. It matters that I can watch and get excited about this Raptors team and get enjoyment out of them through 6 months of my year. If you're all about the satisfaction at the end that's your decision but to me 6 months of fun is way better than being awful with hope that there's a 10% chance of a championship is 6-7 years.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

JV is a less mobile than you think he is but I don't want to get into a JV debate with you. And you really think Ibaka is valuable at all defensively? Love was blowing by him like a pylon tonight.
              Fun fact, JV had more blocks in this 4 game series than Turner did in 7

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                ^^^ the resilience of this man is astonishing.

Bravo
                We needed a new Christian

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Please fire Casey, it is a move that is five years past due.

Please trade DeRozan and Ibaka, then let Lowry walk when his contract is up, or trade him too if there is good value to be had.

The team has many good young pieces already in place, so let the retooling begin, with a new coach to guide this team. It may result in a step back, but they should still be able to be in the thick of the playoff picture despite a retooling.

This series was an embarrassment, and a final nail in the coffin of the empty-the-clip young-onez Raptors. Or so I hope.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Ibaka, Derozan, Lowry were very trash though
                    How much of that is scheme vs a particular opponent though? Lowry looked like a savant last series and Ibaka did also for stretches.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Who does Indy have to play against Love? Turner and Sabonis are not better options than JV and (theoretically) Ibaka. Turner is not some fleet footed defensive monster out there, and Sabonis is slower and less athletic than both those guys. Young? Who is a similar player to OG or Siakam physically?

Did Casey even try to match OG on Love in the whole series? Maybe play Siakam and OG together so they can just switch on the LeBron-Love screen action? I'm honestly asking, because I'm already starting to repress much of this series.
                      I absolutely think it was a mistake that we didn't see more OG Siakam minutes. I don't understand when those are the most valuable defenders.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Fun fact, JV had more blocks in this 4 game series than Turner did in 7
                        What does that have to do with his mobility?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          How much of that is scheme vs a particular opponent though? Lowry looked like a savant last series and Ibaka did also for stretches.
                          Can't tell you for sure. But even the basic stuff they couldn't do
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bogus. It matters that I can watch and get excited about this Raptors team and get enjoyment out of them through 6 months of my year. If you're all about the satisfaction at the end that's your decision but to me 6 months of fun is way better than being awful with hope that there's a 10% chance of a championship is 6-7 years.
                            I have no problem with buying into 6 months of fun if there was a chance to win a championship. But its 6 months of fake fun while knowing there is a 0% chance of winning a championship.

They tried to sell it so that there was a chance to win a championship, but they can no longer do that.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                              If we trade away Demar, what sense would it make to bring in Wiggins, who's an even worse version of Demar?
                              22 year old Wiggins > 22 year old DeRozan.

The reality is we don't know Wiggins ceiling yet. I thought he had trouble adjusting being the 3rd guy in Minny last season. Last year he was terrific for them - averaging 24ppg.

But this debate really is moot. Because i can't see Masai trading DeMar. He better fire Casey though.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I have no problem with buying into 6 months of fun if there was a chance to win a championship. But its 6 months of fake fun while knowing there is a 0% chance of winning a championship.

They tried to sell it so that there was a chance to win a championship, but they can no longer do that.
                                No one believed this team was winning a championship and no one tried to sell it as that. That's a tough way to be a sports fan. Not how I choose to do it because then I'll just always be miserable. I've been a sports fan for 20 years now and have never had a team make a Finals in any of my sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X