Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does no one want Budenholzer? cause I want some bud

Comment

God dammit guys do u guys want to win a championship or not get Stan in here with MU ability to get the right players and let’s go win this. Stan is a teacher of teachers of the game of basketball. He is the closest thing to Larry brown Phil Jackson left in this league when it comes to knowledge. Stackhouse can be assistant or nurse but Stan is who we want if we are serious about winning

Comment

The Van Gundy cultists never stop making me laugh. Stan hasn't won a playoff series in a decade. Jeff hasn't coached in over a decade and hasn't won a playoff series in the current century. Neither of them ever won a ring.

Basketball has evolved past the Van Gundys. They were good in their time, maybe verging on very good, but the game has moved on and they haven't and Stan's latest tenure in Detroit demonstrates that really well.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          The Van Gundy cultists never stop making me laugh. Stan hasn't won a playoff series in a decade. Jeff hasn't coached in over a decade and hasn't won a playoff series in the current century. Neither of them ever won a ring.

Basketball has evolved past the Van Gundys. They were good in their time, maybe verging on very good, but the game has moved on and they haven't and Stan's latest tenure in Detroit demonstrates that really well.
          Agree. Casey is arguably better than SVG - we need an upgrade, not a downgrade. More importantly, we just need a change of pace so we can move on from this psychological nightmare. The need to fire Casey goes beyond his ability. Now, it's about refocusing and changing direction as the Raptors feel they cannot win under Casey.

Comment

Since95 wrote: View Post
            More importantly, we just need a change of pace so we can move on from this psychological nightmare. The need to fire Casey goes beyond his ability. Now, it's about refocusing and changing direction as the Raptors feel they cannot win under Casey.
            I think you're mistaking what you feel about Casey versus what the team feels about him. Here is a handy hint: we really have no idea how the team feels about Casey, although all available evidence says that most of the team respects and loves him a great deal.

Let's be honest: nobody posting on this forum has any real idea of what constitutes a good NBA coach beyond wins and losses, and wins and losses are hardly in the coach's sole control.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              I think you're mistaking what you feel about Casey versus what the team feels about him. Here is a handy hint: we really have no idea how the team feels about Casey, although all available evidence says that most of the team respects and loves him a great deal.

Let's be honest: nobody posting on this forum has any real idea of what constitutes a good NBA coach beyond wins and losses, and wins and losses are hardly in the coach's sole control.
              Respectfully disagree. The team may like Casey, but they did not play like an inspired team. They played like a defeated team, and that has been the case for a while now.

Also, I don't mistake my own feelings. Just as we on this board are not coaches or GM's you are not a psychologist, so please spare me the condescension.

Comment

You guys are both losing your minds if u think Casey is better that Stan. Do u guys even watch basketball lmao

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  You guys are both losing your minds if u think Casey is better that Stan. Do u guys even watch basketball lmao
                  Stan Van Gundy has a career win percentage of 57% and Dwane Casey has a career win percentage of 55%. Mind you, Casey's dips considerably in the playoffs which is why we are having this discussion at all. Casey has a ring as an assistant heralded for his efforts in 2011 - Van Gundy does not. Van Gundy has not won a playoff series since 2009 while Casey has won multiple.

Nobody said Casey was better - I said arguably better. Point being, I don't really want either of them to coach us.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    God dammit guys do u guys want to win a championship or not get Stan in here with MU ability to get the right players and let’s go win this. Stan is a teacher of teachers of the game of basketball. He is the closest thing to Larry brown Phil Jackson left in this league when it comes to knowledge. Stackhouse can be assistant or nurse but Stan is who we want if we are serious about winning
                    Nah bro Council of RR decided and we're not going with SVG. They will let Masai know of their decision tmrw.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Hell no. Hes a master of failure. It says something when he got fired from the Heat and then they won the year after.

Comment

Comment

Would love SVG.

Comment

Stan Van is not the answer. I think he's a great quote and a good basketball mind but there is no recent history that shows he is anything but a mediocre NBA coach. He also has a tendency to clash with his players (especially his top talent) and has generally had a short shelf life during his time in the league. No thanks.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              Stan Van is not the answer. I think he's a great quote and a good basketball mind but there is no recent history that shows he is anything but a mediocre NBA coach. He also has a tendency to clash with his players (especially his top talent) and has generally had a short shelf life during his time in the league. No thanks.
                              We realistically are looking at 2 years. SVG takes no prisoners. The year he left Heat prior to them winning I specifically recall Dwayne Wade telling him to calm down because he would get in the players grill when the other team would go on a run. We need someone like that who has a short term sense of urgency.

Comment

Working...
                              X