Will our starters be on the roster over the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will our starters be on the roster over the summer

Do you see any deals being made or are some of the contracts undesirable? Who can improve and who will regress.

I would be shocked if we go into next year with both JV and Ibaka on the roster

And Ibaka the more likely to get traded imo

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
      I would be shocked if we go into next year with both JV and Ibaka on the roster

And Ibaka the more likely to get traded imo
      Ibaka is untradeable.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Ibaka is untradeable.
        I disagree.

Ibaka is untradeable if you’re expecting to receive value in return.

Comment

No idea
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yes.

Look at the coach we are going after. He wouldn't want to come here if there is going to be a mini teardown and rebuild.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yes.

Look at the coach we are going after. He wouldn't want to come here if there is going to be a mini teardown and rebuild.
              That is a logical statement

Comment

I say 4/5 of our starting lineup stays.

Comment

For the first time as Raptors GM, I feel like Masai is a bit shook and his job security might be in question. For this reason I think he might force the issue with a trade. Crappy thing is that everyone is going to wait on LeBron to make a decision before they start making moves.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    For the first time as Raptors GM, I feel like Masai is a bit shook and his job security might be in question. For this reason I think he might force the issue with a trade. Crappy thing is that everyone is going to wait on LeBron to make a decision before they start making moves.
                    I agree to some extent. I really think 55 games and success in the playoff s is required or masai letting dc go Will be questioned. If the team fails to reach these heights it's Masai's roster and coach thus his responsibility.

Comment

I would like to see Pascal move in with the starters. He's got the next few months to tighten up his 3 point shot. If Serge is not moved he becomes an expensive backup and may hurt Jacob's development, but short term he would be a nice center off the bench.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        I would like to see Pascal move in with the starters. He's got the next few months to tighten up his 3 point shot. If Serge is not moved he becomes an expensive backup and may hurt Jacob's development, but short term he would be a nice center off the bench.
                        I hope the new coach understands that even in an era where teams want to jack up more threes, not every player should be jacking up more threes ....

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see all 5 back, I would be surprised to see none back. We have a tight cap situation, but then again we have Masai the magician as our President. My gut is that we will see 3-4 back.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I disagree. Masai is by far the best GM Raps have ever had, and its not particularly close. Lost three of the teams big minute loggers by the end of last year and still improved the team. He is a guy that can make great moves, but also knows when to sit back and stick with what the team has, which is pretty crucial in following through with a vision. Many GMs can't sit back, trust in the major moves they have made and nail the lowkey pickups.

Wouldn't be surprised if he makes one move to try to ease some cap stuff, but mostly sits back and lets the young guys develop, and see what a new coach does.

At the same time, I think there are going to be some fireworks this summer so I also wouldn't be surprised if he shakes things up.

Random thought: Even now, in the pace and space era, I don't think your two best (most important) players can play the 1 and 2. Other than the pre-KD Dubs (you could still argue Draymond was the second most important player on that team) no team has achieved notable success with that formula. I think that Masai kind of knows that with how he drafts, but I think we need more wings going forward.

Comment

Will our starters be on the roster over the summer

Only thing Masai hasn’t done is acquire a superstar or create a legitimate championship team. Of course he didn’t have the opportunity to do so. Went to Denver, created a really good team and left for the Raptors before he could really do anything. With the Raptors, the core BC created overachieved, so Masai continued to stick with it and build around it.

The following few years will be crucial for Masai in building a team that he wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X