Likes Likes:  130
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Fantasy Points League (FPL)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    One idea I had around keepers was to have it tied to initial FAAB bid. FAAB would be your auction budget, your WW budget and your salary cap. Once a player is signed, the owner sets the contract up to three years. Once the contract expires the player can be resigned for 120% of the original deal. Cutting a player in the middle of the deal would result in a cap penalty of 80% of the remaining deal. Trading players would have to balance under FAAB (ie: Team A can't make a trade with Team B if the trade puts them over cap by any more than 5% of FAAB, which translates to a $10 buffer). There could be a limit placed on how many multi-season players allowed per team if it were deemed to complicated. Anyway, this is all just an idea I had the other day. No telling if anyone likes it or would be interested in doing it...
    There's also this idea I floated a while back.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If we go back to traditional lineups, plus flex then it might be just as well to go back to traditional benches as well.

We could have update daily, where you can update whenever as long as the game hasn't begun. We could roll with update weekly where you're locked in every week. This would bring with it a lot of strategy because do you start Bron with two games on tap or Zach Lavine with four? Might be interesting.
    I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.
    Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.

4. Likes Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.
    Yea this is what I assumed. I would be down for this. At least its something that needs to be done once a week.

Not sure if we have too many owners or not... the bottom 1/4 of the league doesnt have much interest to make moves.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think if I didn't somehow screw up the playoff settings when I rolled over the settings from the test run, the league wouldn't feel nearly as small. I'm in 3rd place right now and I'm sweating it a little because I don't know if I'm gonna make it if I have a couple consecutive losses.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information