Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Just going by his resume of players on the teams he worked for... seems he maybe has a bit of a svengali/whisperer type personality with an affinity for handling the superstar player mentality. It is a touch coincidental then that he gets a position here to possibly handle Kawhi?
    I really like your overreaching positive logic.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Seems like things have shaped up really well with the assistant coaching staff... Would people agree?
      I’d say so. Nurse and Masai took their time and came out with a good staff it looks like.

Griffin was an assistant with the Thunder and the defensive powerhouse Bulls. Jimmy Butler gave him a lot of credit. He’ll probably be the defensive coach.

Phil Handy was an assistant with the Cavs, Lebron was on the Cavs. Good player development coach.

Sergio Scariolo is the Spanish coach. Could do well for Ibaka, maybe JV too since they are international guys.

Don’t know much about Nate.

Comment

• Hard to really rate a coach until you see what they produce on the floor.. but I'm really excited about this group. Handy and Griffin specifically. Lots of good things written about both those guys. Scariolo is a big name in Euro ball.

This season is going to be epic.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Hard to really rate a coach until you see what they produce on the floor.. but I'm really excited about this group. Handy and Griffin specifically. Lots of good things written about both those guys. Scariolo is a big name in Euro ball.

This season is going to be epic.
          I'm all of a sudden the most excited I've ever been. Masai you slick dog you
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            "The wagon will pause here for anyone wishing to climb on. The band has been moved to the front to make room. Arrangements have been made for additional wagons should the carrying capacity of this one be exceeded. Please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts. While this ride will not be bumpy, it will be exceedingly fast, stopping only for Eastern Finals and Finals appearances. Rest and refreshments will be available during the All Star break. That is all."

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              It's crazy considering how the off season basically started with a whimper. Sure we fired Casey, but replacing him with Nurse was looked as a safe move. And now we have this collection of really good assistants.... with Kawhi "Mother Fricken" Leonard.

Comment

• Anything less than a finals appearance will be a failure for Nurse this season.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Anything less than a finals appearance will be a failure for Nurse this season.
                  can't get blown out too. Don't care that it's Warriors. We have the defense now. At least 7 games
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This is the most excited i've been going into the season since Vince's last year here. Because for the first time since the VC era, it actually feels like the Raptors have a chance.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      This is the most excited i've been going into the season since Vince's last year here. Because for the first time since the VC era, it actually feels like the Raptors have a chance.
                      We never really had a chance with Vince though either? We won one series with Vince .. Lol
                      We couldn't even beat Iverson and his motley crew of random contributors, let alone Shaq and Kobe.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        We never really had a chance with Vince though either? We were never beating the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. We couldn't even beat Iverson and his motley crew of random contributors.
                        I just felt like, with Vince on our team, anything can happen because he was a TRUE superstar.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I just felt like, with Vince on our team, anything can happen because he was a TRUE superstar.
                          Vince didn't play defense either, and talent wise, the only thing Vince had over Demar was 3-point shooting. That's it. In my mind anyway. And I love Vince.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Vince didn't play defense either, and talent wise, the only thing Vince had over Demar was 3-point shooting. That's it. In my mind anyway. And I love Vince.
                            What? offensively he was so much better than DeMar. Vince in his prime can shoot from everywhere just like Kobe. He was a dynamic offensive player. DeMar on the other hand is nothing more than a mid range guy.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Everything Nick Nurse

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Dunking too. Derozan came into the league as a very athletic guy, he seemed to go away from that as his years went on. Vince dunked on you any chance he got, and his 3 point shooting makes him a considerably better offensive player than Derozan.

Comment

Well you are very wrong then, because no Vince team ever had a chance. I assume you mean at a ring, and there was really no chance whatsoever they could beat someone in the Finals. I mean, that was maybe the weakest era for the East and they couldn't even get to the conference finals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X