No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind clearing the space needed to get a guy like Tyreke evans. Imagine Reke, Norm, Miles Siakam in the rotation.

Comment

• Comment

• Fuck pelicans
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Fuck pelicans
          Fine!! we will just sign D. Cousins!! How do you like them apples Pelicans?!!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            A 28M$ a year third option....not seeing it. For that kind of investment he has to play a lot of minutes..if not for the Raps for someone else.
            Nobody would be interested in having DeRozan as anything more than a 3rd option.

His salary is what it is. He wouldn't be the first highly paid third option in the league, and in any case it doesn't matter, giving him shots just because his salary is high is stupid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

seems like a bad look for the pelicans if this guy was keen to go.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                But, Demar as a third option is pretty tough to do. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He doesn't move well without it and can't really shoot it from deep even if he does.
                New coach got work to do.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  It really is a bad look. Low profile, career grinder type assistants, like Finch, don't get paid that much so I'm sure the Raps would have offered a pay increase and possibly a lead assistant title. That might mean a lot to these guys.

Comment

• I think Finch has the associate head coach title so the Raptors really can’t offer a better promotion. Usually you can steal an assasitant if you offering him a promotion like lead assistant or of course a head coaching position.

Comment

• Sorry to clarify, usually assistants negotiate that out clause in their contracts.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        They allowed him to interview for head coaching jobs though. Stein reported that he got permission to interview for the Suns and Hornets head coaching job.

Comment

• It’s probably in his contract that they gave to let him interview for a promotion.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            They allowed him to interview for head coaching jobs though. Stein reported that he got permission to interview for the Suns and Hornets head coaching job.
                            So basically the Pels ownership are cheap SOBs. They don't want their assistants to even get into discussions with another team for a lateral move because they're afraid he'll come back and negotiate a salary increase or extension and raise the bar. But going from assistant to coach is a tangible leap and huge increase, so they have no choice but to be okay with it. Seems a bit insecure and draconian to not even let him interview, IMO.

Comment

• I could be completely off here, but I wonder if the denial was from Gentry himself since Finch is his staff....and how much of that denial had to do with Casey getting fired for what many of his colleagues would feel was for unjustified cause. Like are the Raptors going to get the cold shoulder or have they damaged their relationships with other teams to some degree?

Comment

• Nahhh, I think it’s a matter of having him under contract and why would you let a guy leave for a lateral move.

Comment

Working...
                                X