No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, there were big moves this summer. Coaches win when their teams don't make big moves (or dramatically overperform). If the Raps win a lot, I could see an EOTY for Masai/Bobby before a COY for Nurse.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Theres really no point in speculating coy until at least a month in. Every year there's a couple suprise overachievers. Nobody saw the Pacers and Nate McMillan coming last year for example
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• COY is like the MIP award but for coaches. It's usually given to the guy that exceeded expectations the most. Like Casey's team getting 59 wins when some places predicted as few as 43 last year.

The expectations for the Raptors are generally 2nd in the East with 55+ wins. So that's the bar. He would have to really raise that bar to get into consideration in my opinion.

Comment

• If I bet on it right now I'd say Budenholzer takes the COTY award by making Milwaukee take the next step. They seem primed to improve quite a bit over last season.

Comment

• If he does win coach of the year we should fire him.

Like Raps org just don’t give a F.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Question: If the Raps win 55-59 games this year, does Nurse get consideration for COY?
              I don't think Nurse would want the COY ... Look what happened to the last one .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                I don't think Nurse would want the COY ... Look what happened to the last one .
                A 5 year contract at 7 million dollars annually?

Sucks to be him
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The bar I'm setting for Nick Nurse is getting this team to the eastern conf. finals and to be competitive. Anything less than that and I would want him gone.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    The bar I'm setting for Nick Nurse is getting this team to the eastern conf. finals and to be competitive. Anything less than that and I would want him gone.
                    Anything less and Kawhi is gone.

Comment

• Cool article! I'm liking Nick Nurse already, seems to be open minded and ready to adjust to anything that comes his way. I guess we have to wait to see his in game calls.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...unning-it.html

Comment

• Fuggin star with their paid subscription! They tried it before no ones paying for an online newspaper

Comment

• Could you copy paste it please?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            Fuggin star with their paid subscription! They tried it before no ones paying for an online newspaper
                            I think it's them or the Globe that just dropped their free reads from 10 to 5 per month. You have to be very selective and read all the newspapers online lol. You also have to be a "subscriber" to comment on an article.....
                            bluejays.com just dropped all comment sections whatsoever.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I love these memes

Comment

• Surprised that this thread is so far back considering (at least to me) how different the team is starting to look. Some observations 4 games in.

-I think it's safe to say that the foundation of the team will be built on efficient defense. Maybe amnesia has gotten the best of me but I always thought we were analytically good with Casey but to the naked eye we could have been better. Nurse seems to not waste any time in getting that message across and it's really showing.

-He's going to give guys the minutes regardless of what we think. He knows that guys like Powell and CJ aren't up to our (high) expectations right now but why not ride them from Oct-Dec? God knows how short of a leash Casey kept on these guys and it probably contributed to the mediocrity. Nurse is at least willing to give it time to break them out of it.

-I think it's also worth mentioning that Nurse takes great time outs. He has already shown when to push and when to pull. Having a Coach understand the tempo of the game is going to be crucial. Casey sometimes thought like a GM who thought players deserved to be shown their appreciation and rewarded it by riding them in the worst of times. Screw that. If it's Lowry or Monroe, we have to have a coach who understands the climate on the court and adjust accordingly. Nurse deserves praise in that aspect even if it's only for the Wizards game.

Comment

Working...
                                X