Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Let the "nurse" puns begin. Release the hounds......
    The Raptors need a doctor, not a nurse.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Let the "nurse" puns begin. Release the hounds......
      Perhaps the raptors will be...NURSED back to health?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        He better impress cause his offence didn’t impress me last year. The moment I see iso DeRozan Lowry ball and it’s not followed by benching I am calling for his head
        Offense wasn't the issue. They couldn't stop Lebron at all in the playoffs.

Also every single team (barring Warriors) plays ISO at least a quarter of the time...

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
          I don't mean to be a debbie downer but I think this has failure written all over it.

Comment

One thing that I think bears repeating is that there is no logical reason to conclude the team needs a major makeover. The problem appears to be limited to playoff performance specifically, and the playoffs are different. Maybe Nurse will be a better playoff coach than Casey was, and the rest will stay the same. Remember, it will now be Nurse talking during timeouts and halftime. If it truly is his offensive schemes that have paid off so well over the past few seasons, I don't see why players wouldn't accept his authority. Maybe they don't need a Dad coach anymore and were already secretly wishing Nurse was drawing up the ATO plays. I dunno. But nobody else does either. I like this choice myself.
            Last edited by Beagle; Tue Jun 12, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              Offense wasn't the issue. They couldn't stop Lebron at all in the playoffs.

Also every single team (barring Warriors) plays ISO at least a quarter of the time...
              Offense is literally the least of the problems. In fact..its not a problem. In game adjustments, defensive strategy, key rebounding, and composure when the lights are bright are the issues

Comment

I was pretty pumped for the wildcard factor of the Euro coaches, but Nurse is a good coach. Agreed we're going to have to wait all the way until the playoffs to know if this has made a difference.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Offense is literally the least of the problems. In fact..its not a problem. In game adjustments, defensive strategy, key rebounding, and composure when the lights are bright are the issues
                  The biggest problem is mental toughness.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think it's safe to assume that the offense should actually get better. That is, having Jonas more involved, and playing in the 4th quarter.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      The biggest problem is mental toughness.
                      Yep which ties into all those things. Casey did us no favors with things like miles on love, random bebe cameos, and insane waits for a timeout

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Yep which ties into all those things. Casey did us no favors with things like miles on love, random bebe cameos, and insane waits for a timeout
                        Watching Cleveland flame out in the Finals pissed me off one last time. 7 games vs Pacers, 7 games vs Celtics, swept by GS - but 4-0 vs Toronto for the 2nd straight year. Changing the coach was not an optics move.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Watching Cleveland flame out in the Finals pissed me off one last time. 7 games vs Pacers, 7 games vs Celtics, swept by GS - but 4-0 vs Toronto for the 2nd straight year. Changing the coach was not an optics move.
                          Yeah, they went 8-10 vs the rest of the league including a bottom bracket team in the playoffs...and 4-0 vs us, the 1st seed

Fuck

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            You know what I'm really hoping for? I'm hoping that there was a bit of discord amongst the coaching staff, where like maybe Casey was super jealous of Nurse, so any time Nurse suggested a substitution, or some innovative inbounds play, Casey would just say "Here's a better idea: Let's do what the head coach wants to do. Who's that again? Oh that's right, that's me not you. Okay, ISO time! Give it to Demar and dribble for 23 seconds!"

Because if that's not what happened every single time, then why did we hire this guy.
                            lol other scenario include:

Nurse: Hey I think we should double team Lebron, based on the number of seconds remaining in the game, he would want the ball in his hand more then passing it and the likelyhood it will be a good pass to a good shot is smaller then..

Casey: Hey Hey !!the only double double I want from you is a cup of coffee from Tim's!! Now lets let our Rookie OG continue to guard one of the best player's of all time and live with the consequences. We cant second guess ourselves! so go and pound the rock if you must!!

Nurse: okayy..your the boss (takes a shot of whiskey from the flask in his jacket) and mutters "this is gonna end ugly..."

Another one:

Nurse: Casey we need more defence from our backcourt and perimeter oriented offence to stop the Cavs comeback..

Casey: nah put Bebe in, I got a good feeling about it.
                            Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Jun 12, 2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I am not against Nurse or with him until we see the team playing, but, I would really like to know why we did not hire Messina.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                I was pretty pumped for the wildcard factor of the Euro coaches, but Nurse is a good coach. Agreed we're going to have to wait all the way until the playoffs to know if this has made a difference.
                                Culture change 2.0

Regular seasons are getting more and more meaningless. I'm tired all of a sudden

Comment

Working...
                                X