Lakers / Spurs / Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers / Spurs / Raptors

We help facilitate Spurs trading Kawhi to the Lakers by taking on Luol Deng.

Raptors get:
    Luol Deng
    Tyler Ennis
    Kyle Kuzma

Lakers get:
    Kawhi Leonard
    Patty Mills

Spurs get:
    DeMar DeRozan
    Brandon Ingram

Somewhere in there it'd be nice if we can get a draft pick.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Spurs are not innumerate, so would not trade for DD.

They would want JV, and one of Delon, OG, or Siakam.

Comment

I'd gladly add any one of those throw-in's to make this deal happen. I only listed the principles
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

I doubt they would want DeMar as part of any deal. They would see him as only slightly above replacement value, and not worth more than a mid level exception type contract. He is more valuable to Toronto than any other organization, so I doubt he gets traded.
        Last edited by Quirk; Mon Jun 18, 2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
          I doubt they would want DeMar as part of any deal. They would see him as only slightly above replacement value, and not worth more than a mid level exception type contract. He is more valuable to Toronto than any other organization, so I doubt he gets traded.
          They signed Rudy Gay in free agency, they aren't above getting midrange guys with limited defense.

Your logic for this seems to be you think Demar is slightly above replacement value, and obviously the Spurs are smart and thus would agree with you.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

So we trade demar for kuzma & a pick? Pass

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
              They signed Rudy Gay in free agency, they aren't above getting midrange guys with limited defense.

Your logic for this seems to be you think Demar is slightly above replacement value, and obviously the Spurs are smart and thus would agree with you.
              They would likely love to have DeRozan on Gay's contract, and give him Gay's role, with 21.6 USG%. Heck, thats the USG% target I would like to see for DeMar on the Raptors next year as a 3rd option. (Would be even better if he had Gay's salary)

This doesn't mean they would accept DeMar, at his current salary, as part of a trade package for Kawhi, their most valuable asset.

What I think matters very little, advanced stats like WS, WP, Impact stats, etc, all show DeMar to be slightly above replacement value, and the Spurs is an organization that uses analytic effectively. The players they draft and sign almost always have good advanced stats, compared to available alternatives.

Comment

Working...
              X