Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    or out of the second round for another year (meaning we have to attach a pick to move him). 10 mil + for Norm over 4 years.... a team has to be ready to gamble
    God I hope not, but you may be right.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      This is more exciting than the finals.
      Doing dishes was more exciting than the finals.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        He's not going to be there at 3. Doncic is the best player in this drsft. If i'm the GM of the Suns i would pick him 1st overall.
        No matter what the Suns do, it will be the wrong move

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Pretty sure a) that a lot of people would agree that Doncic is the best player in the draft and b) that you aren't the GM of the Suns, so what you would do is largely irrelevant to what will happen.
          But i'm allowed to say what i would do if i'm in McDonough's shoes right? or is there a rule that you can't do that? this is a forum right?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

But i'm allowed to say what i would do if i'm in McDonough's shoes right? or is there a rule that you can't do that? this is a forum right?
            Sure! But that's not what you said. You said "He's not going to be there at 3.", like you have some knowledge of that, when all available information indicates he will be there at 3.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Sure! But that's not what you said. You said "He's not going to be there at 3.", like you have some knowledge of that, when all available information indicates he will be there at 3.
              What information?

Like i said, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. There's a lot of fake draft rumours out there this time of the year.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mathews + Powell + 5th ( and shoot for Bamba or JJJ) for Demar - that would be ideal, and also a win for the Mavs. He would raise their floor with instant solid scoring if utilized properly. I would also put in the 2019 second for them if needed to make it happen.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  Mathews + Powell + 5th ( and shoot for Bamba or JJJ) for Demar - that would be ideal, and also a win for the Mavs. He would raise their floor with instant solid scoring if utilized properly. I would also put in the 2019 second for them if needed to make it happen.
                  Our bottom of the barrel 2nd rounder would probably have near zero impact. That deal looks good for both sides though, if Dallas really does want to leverage their assets into a star player.

I'd be interested to see what they could leverage guys like Poeltl or Wright into - as those guys are lined up for raises before the team will likely get to play with cap space again (and if JJJ or Bamba is the pick, that's a lot of bigs). Use them to grease an Ibaka trade for a bad salary and a solid pick, could set us up nicely to rebuild very quickly.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He's not going to be there at 3. Doncic is the best player in this drsft. If i'm the GM of the Suns i would pick him 1st overall.
                    Most draft picks in the high lotto are based on a long by term value, not an instant gratification. That said, Ayton is 20 and 10 right out of the gate.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      No matter what the Suns do, it will be the wrong move
                      They've been pretty good lately in finding talent in the draft. Booker, Jackson, Warren and Ulis are all good to great picks. The jury is out on Bender and Chriss but they are projects anyway.

Comment

• A Total Mockery:

Here is how I see the top going tomorrow night IF there are no trades. Also note that this isn't a talent ranking, it's a prediction of order:
                        1. Ayton, Suns: Worst kept secret in the league.
                        2. Bagley, Kings: Not because he's the second best prospect in the draft but because he's one of the best prospects in the draft and he would like very much to go to the Kings. Doncic, JJJ and Bamba are unwilling to provide the Kings medical reports. It's a subtle way of saying "don't draft me".
                        3. Doncic, Hawks: He may have the most talent in this draft. Its now rumored that he's #1 on the Hawks board. They need talent everywhere and Schroder is on the block. This makes sense. The Mavs believe this to be the case, they're trying to get the Hawks to move down to five.
                        4. Porter Jr, Grizzlies: They want to win now, Porter Jr might be the best player in the draft and they don't need another big. This move seems smarter than dealing for an aging star who's out of his prime in a few years. Plus the bigs on the board don't want to go there and battle for minutes.
                        5. Jackson Jr, Mavs: Bamba has just as much upside for different reasons. Jackson Jr. at five is a strong pick. He may need a few years though before he shines. Foul trouble kept him off the court in college.
                        6. Bamba, Magic: He is exactly the kind of player the Magic is targeting as of late. Long, athletic, defensive minded and quick for his size. Him paired with Isaac might pull the Magic near the top of the league on D for the next decade.
                        7. Carter, Bulls: He's been linked to the Bulls recently and he fills a need. Not flashy but shouldn't bust. A safe pick.
                        8. Young, Cavs: It's hard to say what he becomes but playing with LeBron he gives the Cavs an added punch for the Warriors...Assuming LeBron is back and assuming they keep the pick and assuming they like him more than Sexton.
                        9. Knox, Knicks: High talent, blew them away in a workout and they as a team are going no where next season so they can afford to feed him minutes even though he needs a lot of work.
                        10. Mikal Bridges, 76ers: This makes too much sense so it probably will get tossed out of whack by a trade before this point.
                        11. Gilgeous-Alexander, Hornets: They gave him a promise.
                        12. Sexton, Clipper: They need help everywhere.
                        13. Williams, Clippers: Jordan is being shopped still I'd imagine.
                        14. Miles Bridges, Nuggets: Small ball PF for the Nuggets. They're clogged on the wing and so that's the only place for him.

Comment

Yeah don't fall for it lol. There's a lot of red flags surrounding Porter's health. Kings would be stupid to draft him.
                          ... you do remember what team you're talking about; right?
                          Last edited by Just Is; Wed Jun 20, 2018, 11:44 AM.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Other prime candidate for the 2nd round would be the 76ers - they have four second round picks, and likely will part with at least two of them.
                            One of the 76ers second rounders (#39) has been acquired by the Lakers for a 2019 second round pick and cash

Comment

• Not really getting our hopes up about us doing anything splashy. Only thing I’m expecting is maybe Powell getting traded to a team for a late first or early second. I think demar, Kyle, serge and jv will still be here opening night.

Comment

• I read that no one in the top ten wants the Raptors big contracts.

Comment

Working...
                                X