No announcement yet.

Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expect Masai is trying to move one of the contracts for a pick but as to whether he'll succeed or not is anyone's guess. As Apollo said, I can't see anyone wanting to give up a top 10 pick for any of our big contracts, not without giving us one of their big contracts in return.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• The Grizzlies are looking to trade out of the No. 4 slot, and they have talked to the Knicks about a deal, according to sources. New Knicks coach David Fizdale met with Bamba on Wednesday at the players’ hotel, and the Knicks, who have the ninth pick, are high on him, sources said. Memphis is looking to unload the hefty contract of Chandler Parsons, who is owed $49 million over the next two years and played for Fizdale with the Grizzlies.
      https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/knicks...force-in-play/

Can you imagine a Unicorn/Bamba combo at the 4/5? I know everyone is going small ball but that's the kind of combo that could force teams in the east to adjust.
      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 21, 2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
        I expect Masai is trying to move one of the contracts for a pick but as to whether he'll succeed or not is anyone's guess. As Apollo said, I can't see anyone wanting to give up a top 10 pick for any of our big contracts, not without giving us one of their big contracts in return.
        Not having a 1st rounder is hurting Toronto's chances it would seem. They should go hard at Memphis though. Reject the Knicks like a Bamba block.

Comment

• The Cavaliers are not actively shopping All-Star forward Kevin Love heading into Thursday's NBA draft, multiple sources told ESPN on Wednesday. Furthermore, regardless of what decision LeBron James makes about his future in Cleveland, the Cavs have interest in keeping Love next season, sources said.
          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ve-next-season

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Not having a 1st rounder is hurting Toronto's chances it would seem. They should go hard at Memphis though. Reject the Knicks like a Bamba block.
            I doubt having the 29th pick would mean much in negotiations. Teams wanting to move back in the lotto don't want to move back that far, just a few picks.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I doubt having the 29th pick would mean much in negotiations. Teams wanting to move back in the lotto don't want to move back that far, just a few picks.
              I wasn't referring to moving back, I was referring to an asset for the future to go along with the instant gratification of DD going down in the playoffs in a shootout. It says a lot that the Cavs seem to have no interest in DeMar or Kyle for the #8 plus cap dump.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I wasn't referring to moving back, I was referring to an asset for the future to go along with the instant gratification of DD going down in the playoffs in a shootout. It says a lot that the Cavs seem to have no interest in DeMar or Kyle for the #8 plus cap dump.
                I think that says more about the desire to add a guy like DeMar or Kyle. If their value isn't there, a 29th pick won't change the equation. Also, the Cavs need to be careful with what they do before knowing what LBJ is doing, so reading anything into rumours involving them is dangerous, even for rumour reading.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If the Raps buy a 2nd round pick, they should think about selecting Justin Jackson of Maryland. I was keen on him last draft, but he withdrew his name. Prototype long 3&D switchable wing..... comps physically to Kawhi & OG. Was injured last year which prevented him from having the breakout season most predicted. Oh, and he's from Toronto.

NBA draft second-round sleepers and steals to watch
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-steals-watch

Toronto Raptors: Is Justin Jackson worth trading back into the draft?
                  https://raptorsrapture.com/2018/06/2...ronto-raptors/

Comment

• It’s finally here....only 10 hours to go till the Suns are on the clock.

Who makes the first reach and for who?

Does anyone in the top 5 trade down?

Will the Kings make an inexplicably smart move for the first time in 28 years at 2 ?

Does Ujiri get the bat off his shoulder and get into the top half of the first round?
                    Corollary: If yes...who is moving teams?

Does Cleveland trade the 8th pick and Love for a player or a move into the top 3?
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• I'd be happy if Ujiri can land a running mate for OG. Let the future begin.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...tsdaily.com%2F

Lakers just bought a pick MU is starting to piss me off

Comment

• Loaded question: If Doncic was black, would there even be a question of who is going #1 overall?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...tsdaily.com%2F

Lakers just bought a pick MU is starting to piss me off
                            Not exactly... they traded their next years second and cash for a this year second.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I'd be happy if Ujiri can land a running mate for OG. Let the future begin.
                              I’ll be happy with Shai as it was reported Masai is going for him. All of these rumours about the #4 pick overshadowed that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Loaded question: If Doncic was black, would there even be a question of who is going #1 overall?
                                If he was black and only played in Europe to date, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X