Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Loaded question: If Doncic was black, would there even be a question of who is going #1 overall?
    It is not a color thing. It's where he played. It is a comfort thing. It's also about his athleticism or lack there of. No one down on DiVincenzo for instance. They're bumping him up the board because he's a great athlete.

Comment

• If I'm the Cavs I offer J.R. Smith and Korver's expiring deals and #8 to Memphis for Parsons and #4.

Draft Doncic who should be able to contribute NOW if Bron stays or be a great future piece. If LeBron does stay you have Hill-Doncic-Bron-Love-TT. Which could be amazing if Doncic is the real deal.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        I’ll be happy with Shai as it was reported Masai is going for him. All of these rumours about the #4 pick overshadowed that.
        Yeah, seems like an interesting player. Long, but didn't look particularly explosive in the videos I've watched. Masai values defence over everything it seems and with good reason. Players who play hard on D have the work ethic to improve everywhere else. Still, it would be exciting to bring in a player that is already a good shooter instead of going the long route haha

Comment

Loaded question: If Doncic was black, would there even be a question of who is going #1 overall?
          It has nothing to do with him being white. It's the fact that he's played in the Euroleague this whole time.

Andrew Bogut went #1 even though he was white and from overseas. Wanna know why? Because he played at Utah so people got to see him in the states before picking him.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            If I'm the Cavs I offer J.R. Smith and Korver's expiring deals and #8 to Memphis for Parsons and #4.

Draft Doncic who should be able to contribute NOW if Bron stays or be a great future piece. If LeBron does stay you have Hill-Doncic-Bron-Love-TT. Which could be amazing if Doncic is the real deal.
            He's gone at #3 to the Hawks.

Comment

I think its more ethnocentric... He is not a US born guy.... All Euros or South Americans are subject to skepticism...

Poppa Sabonis
              Rudy Gobert
              Tony Parker
              Clint Capella
              The Alphabet
              Oscar Schmidt

and the beat goes on..... there is a very pronounced bias towards players who are born in and played in the US as just being a better bet despite evidence to the contrary... The Doncic story perpetuates that thinking.

While some of his competitors are demonstrating their wares bouncing off a blocking pad being held by a fat guy for an uncontested dunk in empty gyms Doncic was busy making a difference to his team in the finals of the 2nd best league in the world against full grown men at 19.

Sports is generally colour blind ...
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                He's gone at #3 to the Hawks.
                Obviously that trade assumes he falls to the 4 spot. If not you don't do the deal.

Nobody knows who the Hawks are taking yet.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  If I'm the Cavs I offer J.R. Smith and Korver's expiring deals and #8 to Memphis for Parsons and #4.

Bron doesn't stay for that line-up. If he does it's because he doesn't want to leave CLE, not because he thinks he could compete with that line-up

Comment

• It's so weird that the NBA values what players can do in college more than what they can do in Europe, even though Europe is undoubtedly a higher quality league.
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      I think its more ethnocentric... He is not a US born guy.... All Euros or South Americans are subject to skepticism...

Poppa Sabonis
                      Rudy Gobert
                      Tony Parker
                      Clint Capella
                      The Alphabet
                      Oscar Schmidt

and the beat goes on..... there is a very pronounced bias towards players who are born in and played in the US as just being a better bet despite evidence to the contrary... The Doncic story perpetuates that thinking.

While some of his competitors are demonstrating their wares bouncing off a blocking pad being held by a fat guy for an uncontested dunk in empty gyms Doncic was busy making a difference to his team in the finals of the 2nd best league in the world against full grown men at 19.

Sports is generally colour blind ...
                      Ask the Italian soccer fans who throw bananas at the black players in their league (even ones who are Italian like Balotelli) about that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Bron doesn't stay for that line-up. If he does it's because he doesn't want to leave CLE, not because he thinks he could compete with that line-up
                        I didn't say it's to get LeBron to stay. It's to get a potential future superstar, who could be a big help if LeBron does stay or be a core piece going into the future.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          It's so weird that the NBA values what players can do in college more than what they can do in Europe, even though Europe is undoubtedly a higher quality league.
                          Not really. While college players generally don't have the strength or experience of Euro league players, they do have the athleticism advantage and its comparable to the NBA. Not all but enough of them where they can run film on prospects against strong athletes in college ball and extrapolate out. It's tough to do that with Doncic because he's not facing many NBA level athletes. Those he has faced however he didn't favor well against this season.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the first pick is announced? The draft technically starts at 7 but does the actual draft start at 7:30 or 8? Have stuff to do tonight and don't want to miss the first pick.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Not really. While college players generally don't have the strength or experience of Euro league players, they do have the athleticism advantage and its comparable to the NBA. Not all but enough of them where they can run film on prospects against strong athletes in college ball and extrapolate out. It's tough to do that with Doncic because he's not facing many NBA level athletes. Those he has faced however he didn't favor well against this season.
                              This is the main reason for the skepticism. The level of play is higher in the Euroleague but the athletic ability of the players isn't. Scouts are worried that Doncic's domination in Europe might not translate against NBA defenses that are loaded with elite athletes .

Comment

• Projected range taken: 30-40

Comment

Working...
                                X