Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A.I wrote: View Post
    All Pierce and KG brought were experience, they were way out of their prime. That trade in general was ridiculous and a terrible move by the Nets.

Derozan doesn’t have their championship pedigree, but hes 29, in his prime and still a very good scorer.
    You had a rookie owner who had his hands in everything. He wanted to make a big splash and got fleeced by quite possibly the best GM in the business when it comes to trades.

Yeah, DeRozan is seven years younger than Pierce was. He would fit their window nicely but they're on the treadmill and about to fall off in two or three seasons with nothing to show for it in this scenario.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      The answer is you are absolutely right and if you were in charge of the Grizzlies you would not do the deal.

Luckily for us, you are not in charge of the Grizzlies. Nor were you in charge of the Knicks in 2013. Or in charge of the half dozen teams who make bad trades every year.

The logic for the Grizzlies is simple. If you want to win now, you are better off with an established star than a rookie. They want to win now. DeRozan is a 2nd Team All-NBA player and perennial all star. They shouldn't want those things, and if they are smart, no such trade will be possible. I suspect though that they do want those things, and as such there is a possibility that said trade could be on the board.
      Well, I agree with Trex:
      TRex wrote: View Post
      Just a little advice before draft day - Don't believe everything you read. There's a lot of fake rumours out there.
      Looking at the Grizz roster, this is the most likely conclusion.

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Grizzlies SHOULD make the trade for DeRozan. Just that they might.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I get what you're saying and I agree with you.

Now, you're the Grizzlies. You probably have an opportunity to draft a 19 year old who can hit from anywhere and who has ball IQ and court vision like Nash. How is he not more valuable than a 29 year old player who is as good as he gets, who doesn't raise his game in the post season and who needs the ball to be effective? I don't believe Doncic is a superstar but he's the ultimate glue guy for an offense. The Grizz are capped anyway, removing Chandler is great but are they much better with DeRozan in that slot rather than Doncic? How about the season after or the season after that? Given their lineup and the contracts they have three years, max.

Their team would function in two entirely different ways depending on which guy is there. One guy serves himself, the other guy serves others. One is 29, one is 19. Here's a question, is Doncic a Spurs level player? They're out to shop a high profile wing too... Well, possibly.
          Think of the Grizzlies this offseason, as if it was the Raptors a couple of seasons ago - you have some good players on the team, but dabbling in the free agent market didn't work out for you, and so you're faced with the choice of blowing it up and trading fan favourites, or pushing forwards to add to the team

Comment

Just a little advice before draft day - Don't believe everything you read. There's a lot of fake rumours out there. Can't believe people are still falling for it.

And no, Doncic is not going to be there at 4. He's going to the Kings at 2. I'm willing to bet on it.
            You think so? there are reports out there that the Kings are interested in Porter Jr.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Why do you want to trade DeRozan?
              Let’s assume we keep Derozan and he opts out in 2 years as a 31 year old and wants another 5 year lucrative contract. Do you see him as a raptor for life that takes up large percentage of our cap space? Or what if he leaves for nothing? Basketball reasons aside I think it’s a good time to potentially trade Demar for a younger piece.

Comment

Sonny wrote: View Post
                You think so? there are reports out there that the Kings are interested in Porter Jr.
                Yeah don't fall for it lol. There's a lot of red flags surrounding Porter's health. Kings would be stupid to draft him.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah don't fall for it lol. There's a lot of red flags surrounding Porter's health. Kings would be stupid to draft him.
                  Kings aren’t exactly known for drafting well. Not saying they’ll take Porter, but its a possibility.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Let’s assume we keep Derozan and he opts out in 2 years as a 31 year old and wants another 5 year lucrative contract. Do you see him as a raptor for life that takes up large percentage of our cap space? Or what if he leaves for nothing? Basketball reasons aside I think it’s a good time to potentially trade Demar for a younger piece.
                    I'm on board for trading him. I'm telling you this Grizzlies thing is a fantasy.

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Think of the Grizzlies this offseason, as if it was the Raptors a couple of seasons ago - you have some good players on the team, but dabbling in the free agent market didn't work out for you, and so you're faced with the choice of blowing it up and trading fan favourites, or pushing forwards to add to the team
                    Their star player, who helped them win 2/3rds of their games while healthy last season, missed like 70% of the season. Its not the same thing.

Comment

• Just to add to the smoke and the noise, per SI - Dennis Schroder is apparently on the trade block - with Atlanta looking at Trae Young in the #3 slot.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Kings aren’t exactly known for drafting well. Not saying they’ll take Porter, but its a possibility.
                        Vlade is a Euro Homer though. We shouldn't under value that. They also seem high on Harry Giles. I don't know if they're silly enough to not draft a guy because of Giles though.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 19, 2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Just to add to the smoke and the noise, per SI - Dennis Schroder is apparently on the trade block - with Atlanta looking at Trae Young in the #3 slot.
                          Lol they're not drafting Young at 3.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Just to add to the smoke and the noise, per SI - Dennis Schroder is apparently on the trade block - with Atlanta looking at Trae Young in the #3 slot.
                            He was on the block at the deadline too. I think Trae is a dud. I hope he goes to Atlanta.

Comment

• More fantasy:

The Clips move up
                              Clippers get: Chandler Parsons, No. 4 and No. 32

Grizzlies get: Danilo Gallinari, No. 12 and No. 13

Note: Clippers do the deal only if Luka Doncic or Mohamed Bamba is available at No. 4.

Andrew Han: Memphis might possess one of the worst contracts in the league and almost exclusively because of health. When the Grizzlies signed Parsons to a four-year, $94 million deal in 2016, he was supposed to be the shooting wing creator long missing to buttress Mike Conley and Marc Gasol.

In Gallo, the Grizzlies get to roll the dice a second time on said wing creator in the Conley-Gasol era while shaving $3 million off their payroll to slide back eight spots and pick up a second lottery pick.
                              http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/pa...best-deals-see

Oh and here's a really bad one:
                              Suns go 1-2
                              Kings get: Devin Booker, Jared Dudley

Suns get: Bogdan Bogdanovic, No. 2

Han: Sacramento craves a star. But rather than send the No. 2 overall pick off for a Kawhi rental, why not aim for a player still on his rookie contract and eligible to extend for five more seasons?

In Booker, the Kings would add a 20-point scorer on a similar timeline with De'Aaron Fox and Buddy Hield, building a perimeter-oriented shooting lineup in the Bay Area mold owner Vivek Ranadive so desperately covets.

For Phoenix, Deandre Ayton or Luka Doncic. Luka Doncic or Deandre Ayton. Why choose? If the most valuable asset to the Suns is the No. 1 overall pick and there is any doubt over who should be selected first, just get both prospects. Oh, and pick up a sneaky good player in Bogdanovic in the process.
                              The Ayton/Booker combo might be legendary one day.

Comment

• Ayton in college was a historically bad defensive big man. Booker can't defend worth a damn. They are going to struggle on that end.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X