Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I also dont think you can ignore that no players were moved during the draft. That seems quite odd. I imagine to a certain extent teams fall in love with a guy in the lotto, but it seems real curious to me nobody could get a deal done, not just masai.

Was this supposed to be a real good draft ?
    Nothing happened because everybody who's got big chips are waiting to play theirs for Lebron & Kawhi. Nothing will happen for the Raps until we see who strikes out with those guys, especially the Lakers and Clippers. And then Philly & Boston, maybe Houston. Raps are playing at the $2 table this off-season. Couple that with the fact there were no transcendent players in this draft worth making a big move for. Even the top picks have glaring flaws.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      What? When did I say I told you so? I explicitly said I was surprised by the lack of movement league wide. And I'm saying that as much as I find it disappointing that DeRozan didn't move, I hold out hope he will, because nobody moved at the draft, so any player movement league wide is clearly coming later - with the obvious spark points being the LBJ and Kawhi decisions. And that it's silly to think that Masai didn't want to trade DeMar and is just going to do nothing all summer with this draft as evidence, unless you think every GM in the league is not going to do anything all summer with the draft as evidence.
      The evidence isn't just this draft. It's 4+ years of not wanting to make any move that actually rocks the boat or is even somewhat risky (aside from when he started out and reportedly tried to trade Lowry --- although he was not a star yet at that point anyway). Even the Ibaka deal didn't happen until his value had been greatly depressed by a mediocre year in Orlando.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        The evidence isn't just this draft. It's 4+ years of not wanting to make any move that actually rocks the boat or is even somewhat risky (aside from when he started out and reportedly tried to trade Lowry --- although he was not a star yet at that point anyway). Even the Ibaka deal didn't happen until his value had been greatly depressed by a mediocre year in Orlando.
        So Masai is supposed to go out and make big trades just to keep you happy, even if he's not sold there's big trades out there that functionally improve the Raptors?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          So Masai is supposed to go out and make big trades just to keep you happy, even if he's not sold there's big trades out there that functionally improve the Raptors?
          The feeling I get from the organization is that we're not even looking to move DeMar or Lowry or any key player. Until I see any kind of evidence to the contrary that's my stance.

We'll end up running it back with the exact same crew and it'll be another year of listening to DanH parrot MLSE talking points about how good our bench is and how our lack of star power won't matter in the playoffs.

Then we'll get blown to smithereens by the Celtics or whatever team LeBron is on or maybe Philly and it'll be this same discussion all over.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Player movement will happen once George and LeBron go, until then teams are holding out hope.
            Just playing devils advocate here...Raptors are not holding their breath that LeBron will be coming to Toronto. I'd wager there are about 25 teams in the same boat. I'm not sure why he has to be the first domino to fall.

Comment

The feeling I get from the organization is that we're not even looking to move DeMar or Lowry or any key player. Until I see any kind of evidence to the contrary that's my stance.

We'll end up running it back with the exact same crew and it'll be another year of listening to DanH parrot MLSE talking points about how good our bench is and how our lack of star power won't matter in the playoffs.

Then we'll get blown to smithereens by the Celtics or whatever team LeBron is on or maybe Philly and it'll be this same discussion all over.
              What?

ESPN, Yahoo, and literally every Toronto media outlet has reported that everyone on the Raptors roster is available and they're looking to make big moves.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Just playing devils advocate here...Raptors are not holding their breath that LeBron will be coming to Toronto. I'd wager there are about 25 teams in the same boat. I'm not sure why he has to be the first domino to fall.
                I think it's because free agents are waiting to see where Lebron goes.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ever notice the post draft analysis “grades” on who won and who lost on draft night pretty much mirrors which teams picked the analysts favourites? Just sayin.....
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

LOL, so it would have been better if we gave up what Orlando gave up for Ibaka? Quite a position to have.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Nothing happened because everybody who's got big chips are waiting to play theirs for Lebron & Kawhi. Nothing will happen for the Raps until we see who strikes out with those guys, especially the Lakers and Clippers. And then Philly & Boston, maybe Houston. Raps are playing at the $2 table this off-season. Couple that with the fact there were no transcendent players in this draft worth making a big move for. Even the top picks have glaring flaws.
                      I guess this puts you in the not so optimistic side of the ledger.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        It's how it works. Even teams that don't think they can land LBJ might have their sights set on other FA targets, none of whom will move until they see what the market can offer, which will include some teams that are waiting on LBJ. Such is life.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's how it works. Even teams that don't think they can land LBJ might have their sights set on other FA targets, none of whom will move until they see what the market can offer, which will include some teams that are waiting on LBJ. Such is life.
                          And if trading DeMar is in the works, teams that might trade for him will be looking to win in the short term, and might want to see the shape of the league before committing.

Comment

LOL, so it would have been better if we gave up what Orlando gave up for Ibaka? Quite a position to have.
                            Actually that's not even close to what I said.

But you do you fam.

Comment

• So just to get it out of the way now.

When we don't trade DeMar or anyone else of note this summer and roll in with the same team what's the excuse? Or spin for how it's a good thing?

Comment

So just to get it out of the way now.

When we don't trade DeMar or anyone else of note this summer and roll in with the same team what's the excuse? Or spin for how it's a good thing?
                                Can we wait and see what the roster looks like in October before we react to the roster in October?

Comment

Working...
                                X