Everything Rawle Alkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maury wrote: View Post
    Watching highlights for this guy, and I really like what I see. He is efficient and decisive with his drives and decision making, is a very good catch and shoot guy, hustled really hard for loose balls and offensive rebounds. I don’t really see Lance in him because he doesn’t over dribble and he takes really good shots. He’s getting a layup, a 3, or he’s passing out. Explosive athlete, will to win, the intangibles seem to be here. He could work his way into the rotation potentially for us, and I would argue he may be a better fit for this team already than a guy like Norm, who really struggles with the ball in his hands.
    If you see the highlights Rawle moves like a pinball in traffic, Norm is like a deer heading right into traffic.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Its probably a mix of Masai having the ability to find players who have a high propensity to learn and improve and the developmental system in place is top notch.

This happens so often for Masai. I hope this guy works out well, he certainly has been given a golden opportunity.
      I don't know if it's about a propensity to learn/improve. That is pretty impossible to project. I would argue it's more the "hard working" type. Guys who regardless of ability to improve, understand they need to take advantage of every tool they can to work on their game, to give themselves the best shot at making a career out of the game they love.

Basically, finding guys who don't take an opportunity for granted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't know if it's about a propensity to learn/improve. That is pretty impossible to project. I would argue it's more the "hard working" type. Guys who regardless of ability to improve, understand they need to take advantage of every tool they can to work on their game, to give themselves the best shot at making a career out of the game they love.

Basically, finding guys who don't take an opportunity for granted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Not really. You can tell a lot just by listening to someone speak and how they answer certain questions. Then there's academic indicators. Then there's checking game film from high school and comparing it to recent game film. There's lots of ways to get a read on this.

How often do we hear about a prospect's value tanking because he didn't take a big enough step up into the sophomore or junior year?
        Last edited by Apollo; Sun Jun 24, 2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Not really. You can tell a lot just by listening to someone speak and how they answer certain questions. Then there's academic indicators. Then there's checking game film from high school and comparing it to recent game film. There's lots of ways to get a read on this.

How often do we hear about a prospect's value tanking because he didn't take a big enough step up into the sophomore or junior year?
          OK, then why do the vast majority of prospects fail to improve? Do you think other Presidents/GMs aren't looking for players with the potential to improve? Almost every player drafted/signed into the league is thought to have ability to improve by the exec who brings them in. **Few exceptions for the occasional "safe" pick.

And while there are some guys with obvious personality question marks, those are the minority. Add in the fact that the leap between any level they were playing at before and the NBA is massive. It's like trying to say, "oh this guy adapted well learning new math/physics in high school, therefore he will be able to learn graduate level theoretical physics".

So again, I think Masai is more judging the guys based on how likely they are to use the tools at their disposal, including how seriously they'll take a G-League assignment. This doesn't mean they will make significant strides, but that you won't have to worry about bad attitudes or poor work ethic. There's a difference between applying the skills you already have at a new level and adding skills to your game that weren't there before. Maybe we're arguing semantics here, but I only consider the latter "improving" and that is very hard to project. I would argue that other than Siakam, none of our young guys (that Masai picked) have really "improved" in terms of growing their game. FVV, Wright and Poeltl are more just using the tools they already had but at a pro level. OG is too early to tell. Bebe has shown pretty much zero growth. Bruno was a flop (but an obvious gamble).
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Jun 24, 2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
            Trier would've been the better undrafted pick up from Zona.
            Trier is a horrible defensive player.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

he dunked it
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                he dunked it
                Holy fuck, what a pic

Comment

He looks decent, it’s a good signing, see what he can do against better talent. It’s a win/win move by Masai.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    He looks decent, it’s a good signing, see what he can do against better talent. It’s a win/win move by Masai.
                    Most def, a legitimate 2nd rounder that fell through that can help in limited minutes. A team can always use a spark plug off the bench. Last season Miller was that guy that had performed well in certain matchups and the reason he was used was also because he knew his role and had limited number of mistakes. Lets keep Rawle's expectations at that level for now.

Comment

he dunked it
                      Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Holy fuck, what a pic
                      Makes me feel like I never actually did play basketball. I mean I played, but I didn't play what that guy is playing. That's not even the same sport.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Makes me feel like I never actually did play basketball. I mean I played, but I didn't play what that guy is playing. That's not even the same sport.
                        It all depends on how high you set the net - I'm sure I could get a pic like that on a 6' net

Comment

Will make the roster and have the role Norm had this year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

he dunked it

Comment

Kid looks hungry in summer league man, really hoping he can flourish

Comment

Guy has a lot of energy and that's good. Really similar to Powell in that regards. Could be another good find.. just hope we don't commit $40M to him when his extension comes up

Comment

Working...
                                X