Everything Rawle Alkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Guy has a lot of energy and that's good. Really similar to Powell in that regards. Could be another good find.. just hope we don't commit $40M to him when his extension comes up
    Well lets hope FVV actually lives up to his contract...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Well lets hope FVV actually lives up to his contract...
      He basically already has since he was getting chump change before and played well above his salary last year. And unlike Norm, he doesn't need to improve to make the contract worth it. If all Freddy does is stay the same player the next two years, he is easily worth it.

Norm wasn't worth his deal based on performance. It was given with the expectation he would keep improving and instead he regressed (and was given limited opportunities to work through his struggles).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dream scenario, a poorman's Marcus Smart with a jumper....likely one, just a replacement for Powell when we finally find someone to shed his awful contract.

I think it's incredibly likely that we retain him. Listening to his interview he mentioned how the franchise spoke to him of how FVV progressed so it's obviously laying out a vision for him. Before the Summer League started Nurse also said he's exactly the type of player they're trying to "add to this program" ie/ versatile, bball IQ and defends.

Considering it doesn't look like Lorenzo Brown is back and Miller just ruined his shoulder, I feel fairly confident he'll be staying here.

Comment

I can totally see the Raptors offer him (once SL finishes), a multi year contract similar to what FVV got. But he needs to sort out the agent thing. Alkins impacts the floor in a positive way much like FVV did his first SL and he will probably be travelling back & fourth between the NBA and G league throughout the year.

Comment

This is now a Rawle Alkins appreciation thread lol

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              This is now a Rawle Alkins appreciation thread lol

I'm assuming Masai knew that he was in discussions and received an offer. So he must have chosen not to sign Alkins.

Somewhat surprising, but I guess they didn't see enough from him? Thought they wouldn't have roster spots later/now?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                I'm assuming Masai knew that he was in discussions and received an offer. So he must have chosen not to sign Alkins.

Somewhat surprising, but I guess they didn't see enough from him? Thought they wouldn't have roster spots later/now?
                Think I read that Rawle was offered a camp deal, but the Bulls' offer had more guaranteed money

Comment

his name was too fkd up anyway

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Think I read that Rawle was offered a camp deal, but the Bulls' offer had more guaranteed money
                    A camp deal with an exhibit 10 is only 50k guaranteed money. A two-way contract is 75k salary.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't think he would be better than Norm. I don't hold summer league in high regard as the players don't play defense. I can make shots if I'm open.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he would be better than Norm. I don't hold summer league in high regard as the players don't play defense. I can make shots if I'm open.
                        I think he looked like a worthwhile end of the roster talent other than the fact that as currently constructed we have a billion wings.

Comment

What's this thread doing here?! It should probably be moved

Comment

Working...
                          X