Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Another G-Leaguer
    Just like Delon Wright was a D-Leaguer, and Siakam, and FVV, and and and? It could easily be argued we have one of the best development systems in the league, so I'm looking forward to see what it can do with a kid like Alkins who is already determined and motivated.

Comment

Another G-Leaguer
      You were expecting... an established superstar? To be picked up on a two way deal right after going undrafted?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        You were expecting... an established superstar? To be picked up on a two way deal right after going undrafted?
        Did I say that?

I said he's a G-Leaguer. That's it.

Masai loves these type of players like Miller, and Bruno, and Bebe and Brown. And MOST fans of this forum loves to hype them up too.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Did I say that?

Ya but you might as well have said "Another Basketball player", due to the obviousness of the statement.

Comment

Did I say that?

Masai loves these type of players like Miller, and Bruno, and Bebe and Brown. And MOST fans of this forum loves to hype them up too.
            Aren't you the guy who keeps saying FVV is the second coming of Christ? What would Fred's career look like if he wasn't signed by us and didn't have the opportunity to play a lot for the 905?

And it's been a great tool for our draft picks as well. It was clearly beneficial for Siakam, Wright, Poeltl and Powell (ignoring Powell's collapse this season).

For some reason you only focus on Bruno, Bebe, Brown and Miller, the guys who failed to make an impact for the Raptors. And really, Brown should never have been given minutes, even with a PG injured, and Bebe should only get minutes with injuries (and got way too many minutes). Don't know why you ignore the players who clearly benefited from the D/G-league team and had an impact for us at one time or another since the 905 was created.

Comment

Did I say that?

From the Everything FVV thread:

D-League bound.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TRex apparently wants the Raptors to take risks... but not this type of risk.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  TRex apparently wants the Raptors to take risks... but not this type of risk.
                  Yeah because Rowe or whatever his name is has a chance to be a star. Smfh.

That's not a "risk" that's wishful thinking. Best case scenario for him is an NBA bench warmer.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's not a "risk" that's wishful thinking. Best case scenario for him is an NBA bench warmer.
                    Cool. And the opportunity cost to find out if he might eventually be a bench contributor is a camp invite and a roster spot at summer league.

That seems like good value to me!
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      From the Everything FVV thread:
                      Wow, that's actually hilarious. TRex was boosting FVV all year and talking like he always thought this kid was special.

Comment

Nope. Best case scenario for him is to crack an NBA rotation, give you minutes if there are injuries, and maybe one day be part of a package on a trade as a value-added piece from our above-average player development program. No one is expecting him to be a star, not the point here. He may never do it, but if FVV went from undrafted to 6MOTY candidate, there's nor reason to believe this kid (who was projected to be an early second in some boards) can't contribute.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Wow, that's actually hilarious. TRex was boosting FVV all year and talking like he always thought this kid was special.
                          I thought his stuff about Powell LAST season was even better than that.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Just like Delon Wright was a D-Leaguer, and Siakam, and FVV, and and and? It could easily be argued we have one of the best development systems in the league, so I'm looking forward to see what it can do with a kid like Alkins who is already determined and motivated.
                            Its probably a mix of Masai having the ability to find players who have a high propensity to learn and improve and the developmental system in place is top notch.

This happens so often for Masai. I hope this guy works out well, he certainly has been given a golden opportunity.

Comment

People also have to realize that good teams get good time out of players like this. Golden State has found rotation players here there and everywhere. The Spurs, we all know the value they've gotten from 2nd rounders and undrafted guys. The Lakers used to get production out of Lonny Baxter for F's sake.

It's on lottery teams, where guys like Rawle would be up against lottery players with lottery egos, that guys like this flounder. On good teams they can flourish.

Comment

Watching highlights for this guy, and I really like what I see. He is efficient and decisive with his drives and decision making, is a very good catch and shoot guy, hustled really hard for loose balls and offensive rebounds. I don’t really see Lance in him because he doesn’t over dribble and he takes really good shots. He’s getting a layup, a 3, or he’s passing out. Explosive athlete, will to win, the intangibles seem to be here. He could work his way into the rotation potentially for us, and I would argue he may be a better fit for this team already than a guy like Norm, who really struggles with the ball in his hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X