Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    http://chumam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-9363?smc=11#

Interview with Mark Zeigler. Love this guy.

Summary:
    - Kawhi prioritizes winning over money
    - Kawhi thinks loyalty and trust is a big deal
    - Kawhi is a gym rat
    - Kawhi and Norm know each other
    - Sharon Powell loves Toronto
    - Kawhi doesn’t care about individual accolades, he wants to win.
    Finally listened. Very good interview with a guy that seems to know Kawhi as much as any talking head. Encouraging. If Kawhi is as described in this interview, he's not going anywhere.

Comment

• I get tired as all of us may of hearing these talking heads yammer interminably, but really liked the "rumour" that Windhorst shared here.

"There's a heavy "rumour' in the NBA right now . . . that Kawhi is gonna be fine, and that he's 100%, and .... there's a feeling out there that when Kawhi re-emerges in a Raptors uniform, that he is going to look Fantastic .... I can kind of see why he may want to hold that back and debut it with the Raptors in the fall"

Amen

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post

I get tired as all of us may of hearing these talking heads yammer interminably, but really liked the "rumour" that Windhorst shared here.

"There's a heavy "rumour' in the NBA right now . . . that Kawhi is gonna be fine, and that he's 100%, and .... there's a feeling out there that when Kawhi re-emerges in a Raptors uniform, that he is going to look Fantastic .... I can kind of see why he may want to hold that back and debut it with the Raptors in the fall"

Amen
        Awesome. Who's that horrible, old republican lady though and why is she allowed to talk about basketball?

(Rachel Nichols is great, though.)

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post

I get tired as all of us may of hearing these talking heads yammer interminably, but really liked the "rumour" that Windhorst shared here.

Amen
          Goddamn windhorst. I used to call u winded horse, who was up lebrons ass. He was all over the Kawhi trade and has been really kind to us lately. Let's start the season!
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Goddamn windhorst. I used to call u winded horse, who was up lebrons ass. He was all over the Kawhi trade and has been really kind to us lately. Let's start the season!
            The worst part about being so hyped for next season is that I don't know how I'm going to make it through three more months lol
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              Awesome. Who's that horrible, old republican lady though and why is she allowed to talk about basketball?

that's jackie macmullan and she knows way fucking more about basketball than either windhorst or nichols, both of whom i also like.

she's a great and frequent guest on the lowe post. she's also in the hall of fame.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

If you actually watch the entire thing and the one where they talk about Kawhi not joining the USA training camp, she’s actually very articulate. She knows what she’s talking about. She actually openly defends Masai and his decision unlike most media talk show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I like it. It gives him more time to figure things out for him and his family.

Also he avoids the very caty DeMar DeRozan and doesn't have to deal with Pop. Kawhi comes off as a very reserved guy. The worst nightmare for that type of personality is public drama. Laying low for now makes sense.
                    Dude Demar isn't "catty" lmfao.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Dude Demar isn't "catty" lmfao.
                      Quality post.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Quality post.
                        Catty - deliberately hurtful in one's remarks; spiteful.

No he's not being spiteful or trying to insult or damage anyone's ego or psyche. He's just upset about what happened to him. Also love the irony here.

Comment

Catty - deliberately hurtful in one's remarks; spiteful.

No he's not being spiteful or trying to insult or damage anyone's ego or psyche. He's just upset about what happened to him. Also love the irony here.
                          Kawhi doesn't benefit from being around Demar right now since Demar is taking this very personally; so Apollo's point remains valid, perfectly good call by Kawhi to stay away.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Kawhi doesn't benefit from being around Demar right now since Demar is taking this very personally; so Apollo's point remains valid, perfectly good call by Kawhi to stay away.
                            Didn't think it was necessary to insult DeMar by calling him "catty" (a pretty clear pejorative, that's usually applied to emphasize some femininity in the individual it describes). And yeah it probably is beneficial for Kawhi to not be around DeMar or Popovich. Just like it's beneficial for DeMar to not be around Kawhi or not around Masai at the Basketball Africa stuff.

Comment

Didn't think it was necessary to insult DeMar by calling him "catty" (a pretty clear pejorative, that's usually applied to emphasize some femininity in the individual it describes). And yeah it probably is beneficial for Kawhi to not be around DeMar or Popovich. Just like it's beneficial for DeMar to not be around Kawhi or not around Masai at the Basketball Africa stuff.
                              Demar doesn't want to be around Masai cause his feelings are hurt and Masai is likely to be there as an ambassador for BWB.

Kawhi is trying to acclimatize to a new city/team and doesn't need the "catty ex" complaining about things.

I see a clear distinction there even if you choose not to. Demar feelings are really part of the forum equation and I doubt he needs you defending his honour.

Comment

Demar doesn't want to be around Masai cause his feelings are hurt and Masai is likely to be there as an ambassador for BWB.

Kawhi is trying to acclimatize to a new city/team and doesn't need the "catty ex" complaining about things.

I see a clear distinction there even if you choose not to. Demar feelings are really part of the forum equation and I doubt he needs you defending his honour.
                                Don't really think there's any distinction. DeMar doesn't have a good relationship with Masai right now, and Kawhi doesn't have a good relationship with Popovich. From the information released, there's actually more reason for DeMar to have issue with Masai than Kawhi to have issue with Pop (his issue seems like it should be more with the Spurs training staff).

Also we haven't known DeMar to be a dirty player or a guy who's going to try to hurt Kawhi at the camp. He might go at him hard offensively, but if anything that's good training for Leonard. I don't think Kawhi skipping the USA camp has anything to do with DD.

DeMar also needs to acclimate to a new team and city. And he wasn't expecting to have to do so. Kawhi has had some idea he'd be on a new team for several months now.

Comment

Working...
                                X