Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Clickbait, nothing new, nothing good to talk about.
    Woj & Lowe generally don't do clickbait, so it's kind of surprising.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Woj & Lowe generally don't do clickbait, so it's kind of surprising.
      It's not clickbait because it's the second or third story in a podcast that leads with the real clickbait of Lebron James and the Lakers. That doesn't mean it's a story. It's just Woj repeating what he said before Kawhi was even traded. Kawhi would prefer to be in LA. Nothing new. It's not like "breaking news...Kawhi just said he wants to be in LA". Move on.

Comment

• It's still very much early but I HIGHLY doubt Kawhi stays. He just seems to be putting LA and the warmth above everything else. There is nothing we can do to change Toronto weather so it is what it is. I thought he was the type of guy to put winning above all but doesn't seem like thats the case
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          It's still very much early but I HIGHLY doubt Kawhi stays. He just seems to be putting LA and the warmth above everything else. There is nothing we can do to change Toronto weather so it is what it is. I thought he was the type of guy to put winning above all but doesn't seem like thats the case
          He wants a certain lifestyle and we just gotta respect it and move on when it happens.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It's still very much early but I HIGHLY doubt Kawhi stays. He just seems to be putting LA and the warmth above everything else. There is nothing we can do to change Toronto weather so it is what it is. I thought he was the type of guy to put winning above all but doesn't seem like thats the case
            Based on what recently? I haven't seen him personally say word 1 about where he wants to play next year and everything he's said about Toronto (some through Danny Green) has been positive. Whatever the odds were of him staying have only gone up since the beginning of the season imo and are largely dependent on WINNING here and not necessarily the whole enchilada.

So far, so good, just enjoying the season and will continue to do so.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              He wants a certain lifestyle and we just gotta respect it and move on when it happens.
              yup
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Based on what? I haven't seen him say word 1 about where he wants to play next year ad everything he's said about Toronto (some through Danny Green) has been positive. Whatever the odds were of him staying have only gone up since the beginning of the season imo and are largely dependent on WINNING here and not necessarily the whole enchilada.

So far, so good, just enjoying the season and will continue to do so.
                Well Woj and Lowe (Woj more so ) are pretty respected and Woj is usually right or at least doesn't lie for clickbait. Danny says a lot of things. We saw how wrong he was about the whole situation in San Antonio so I wouldn't really trust him. I think our chances have gone up now that he's here but not enough just yet. It's still very early though so we have plenty of time

Comment

Comment

Well Woj and Lowe (Woj more so ) are pretty respected and Woj is usually right or at least doesn't lie for clickbait. Danny says a lot of things. We saw how wrong he was about the whole situation in San Antonio so I wouldn't really trust him. I think our chances have gone up now that he's here but not enough just yet. It's still very early though so we have plenty of time
                    to be fair, Woj was wrong about Paul George situtation
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      to be fair, Woj was wrong about Paul George situtation
                      And Woj also said Lebron wouldn't join the Lakers if another big name FA (i.e. George) didn't sign last off-season. Woj is great at picks and breaking stuff just before it happens, but not really that tuned in to free agent movement & rumors, tbh.

Wojnarowski makes clear that James would not be coming to the Lakers if another of those targets does not join him, making the need to create cap space even more amplified. George, however, is still a real possibility as Woj explains, saying he believes the Lakers are still the “favorites” to land the star forward.
                      https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/12/...s-paul-george/
                      Last edited by golden; Sun Dec 16, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• If you're looking at Kawhi as anything more than a rental you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's like when the Jays got David Price except a full season not half. Just think of it as a one year deal, if it ends up being longer, cool.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          And Woj also said Lebron wouldn't join the Lakers if another big name FA (i.e. George) didn't sign last off-season. Woj is great at picks and breaking stuff just before it happens, but not really that tuned in to free agent movement & rumors, tbh.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/12/...s-paul-george/
                          Woj is always wrong on LeBron stuff. His camp doesn't give him any info. It's why Woj has written a few hit pieces on LeBron before.

He's actually a very, very shady journalist. Rewards those who provide him info with milquetoast articles, and trashes those who don't.

Comment

I am certain of two things in regards to this:

1) Woj is hearing things from the Clippers and the Lakers about how they believe they can snag Kawhi, how they are planning to snag Kawhi, and how they have every reason to expect he's coming next year. I believe that they are convinced of these things internally in a form of self-reinforcing feedback loop, and that in some cases, they may even believe it beneficial to have Woj and/or other sources echo these things publicly.

2) Woj is *not* hearing things from the Raptors organization or from Kawhi, the former because the Raptors organization doesn't actually leak, and the latter because Kawhi is one of the most private players in the entire league. (Weirdly enough, even Uncle Dennis has been quiet so far.)

Because of these two things, I am certain that reliable sources will continue to report Kawhi-to-LA right up until he signs his contract, whether that is with LA or whether it is with Toronto. Reading the media tea leaves on this is not going to provide any meaningful insight on where Kawhi is going to go because there is only signal coming from one side.

Aside that is probably necessary: One thing I am *not* saying is that Kawhi isn't going to LA. I don't think even Kawhi knows that yet, and my best intuition is that Kawhi won't settle on a preferred destination of any sort until after the post-season. What I am saying is that we shouldn't expect to be able to figure out what he is doing based on what we hear from the media.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              If you're looking at Kawhi as anything more than a rental you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's like when the Jays got David Price except a full season not half. Just think of it as a one year deal, if it ends up being longer, cool.
                              It's entirely possible that Kawhi ends up "only being a rental." (Nobody knows for sure yet; that much is a given.)

That isn't necessarily the end of the world for us team-management-wise, however; we have the CBA positioning to rent him at a higher salary than the LA teams do, which may result in us being able to get quality assets back in a sign-and-trade even if that higher salary isn't enough to bring him back to the Raptors. This is especially true if the possibility of snagging Leonard and Durant at the same time suddenly emerges.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                                I am certain of two things in regards to this:

1) Woj is hearing things from the Clippers and the Lakers about how they believe they can snag Kawhi, how they are planning to snag Kawhi, and how they have every reason to expect he's coming next year. I believe that they are convinced of these things internally in a form of self-reinforcing feedback loop, and that in some cases, they may even believe it beneficial to have Woj and/or other sources echo these things publicly.

2) Woj is *not* hearing things from the Raptors organization or from Kawhi, the former because the Raptors organization doesn't actually leak, and the latter because Kawhi is one of the most private players in the entire league. (Weirdly enough, even Uncle Dennis has been quiet so far.)

Because of these two things, I am certain that reliable sources will continue to report Kawhi-to-LA right up until he signs his contract, whether that is with LA or whether it is with Toronto. Reading the media tea leaves on this is not going to provide any meaningful insight on where Kawhi is going to go because there is only signal coming from one side.

Aside that is probably necessary: One thing I am *not* saying is that Kawhi isn't going to LA. I don't think even Kawhi knows that yet, and my best intuition is that Kawhi won't settle on a preferred destination of any sort until after the post-season. What I am saying is that we shouldn't expect to be able to figure out what he is doing based on what we hear from the media.
                                Bing, Bam, Boom. Nailed it. Props WB.

Comment

Working...
                                X