Likes Likes:  801
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1080

Thread: Everything Kawhi Leonard

  1. #1061
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    13,979
    Likes (Given)
    4498
    Likes (Received)
    8470

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    KLaw & KLow?
    Way too lazy to be adding TWO letters.

  2. #1062
    Raptors Republic Superstar LJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,549
    Likes (Given)
    717
    Likes (Received)
    405

    Default

    Is Kawhi on twitter or instagram?

  3. #1063
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,714
    Likes (Given)
    1426
    Likes (Received)
    2555

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Is Kawhi on twitter or instagram?
    Yes and no. He's there but he's not active
    First Team All Nonsense

  4. #1064
    Raptors Republic Superstar LJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,549
    Likes (Given)
    717
    Likes (Received)
    405

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Yes and no. He's there but he's not active
    haha, okay. I'm starting to get a bit obsessed about what this guy is all about because he's so elusive.

  5. #1065
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,659
    Likes (Given)
    3142
    Likes (Received)
    3877

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    VC?
    Yeah, VC was good in the clutch but other than the Sixers series, I feel like most of those were regular season buckets. The way Kawhi has performed at a level that elite as the 1A guy on his team all the way through to the Finals - the Raps have never had a guy proven to be able to deliver at that level on the biggest stage before. We've definitely been wishing we had that type of guy the past 5 seasons.
    John Hancock

  6. #1066
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-game-analyst

    In the aftermath of critical comments about 2019 free-agent target Kawhi Leonard, Bruce Bowen won't be renewed as the LA Clippers television game analyst next season, sources told ESPN.

    Bowen was under contract with Fox Sports West, but the Clippers -- like every organization -- have significant input into the hiring of television broadcast talents and withheld approval on extending his contract, sources said.

    The sides were expected to move forward on a new deal before Bowen's public comments on Leonard, sources said. Bowen, a former NBA analyst with ESPN, declined comment when reached on Monday.

  7. #1067
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,714
    Likes (Given)
    1426
    Likes (Received)
    2555

    Default

    He bit the hand that fed him
    First Team All Nonsense

  8. #1068
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    36
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    haha, okay. I'm starting to get a bit obsessed about what this guy is all about because he's so elusive.
    I hear u bro. I'm getting worried longterm.
    But let's face it. That is just a bonus. It's all about this one season. Win or bust . And Massai's job.

    If we can get to the finals that's a championship for us. Cause no way the Godfather Adam Silver allows us to win it all.

  9. #1069
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,770
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    248

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Random Monday morning thought: I've decided to get ahead of the constant confusion referring to Leonard or Lowry as KL will cause and have decided to refer to them as KL2 and KL7. That is all.
    KLow and KLeo

  10. #1070
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,913
    Likes (Given)
    1480
    Likes (Received)
    2183

    Default

    This is why our media guys are "puppets". Anytime you say something controversial that can impact the club that you are broadcasting for.. you could get the axe.

    I understand why LAC did it.. jeopardizing any chance to get in on a top 5 player in the league is going to cost you. But as a fan its nice to hear a refreshing/honest take on what's going on in sport. Never liked Bowen the player.. but I respect journalists that tell it as it is... and he did that with regards to Kawhi.

  11. #1071
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,361
    Likes (Given)
    2957
    Likes (Received)
    800

    Default

    Yikes, didn't he like just take over for that other guy? The other guy was better anyway.

  12. #1072
    Raptors Republic All-Star GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,495
    Likes (Given)
    1206
    Likes (Received)
    656

    Default

    Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yikes, didn't he like just take over for that other guy? The other guy was better anyway.
    I genuinely felt like Bowen and whatever old guy he was paired with when I saw a Clippers broadcast last year was the single worst commentating match I've ever seen in sports. It was just baffling... like they were from different planets, different centuries, nay, different universes. Come to think of it, it may have been their first time calling together... quite sure it was, in fact. I actually thought Bruce did an admirable job of trying to be cool with the lame attempts of the octogenarian to sound hip. It was seriously embarrassing, groan-worthy and snooze-inducing.

  13. Likes MACK11, SkywalkerAC, ReubenJRD liked this post
  14. #1073
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,714
    Likes (Given)
    1426
    Likes (Received)
    2555

    Default

    Quote GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I genuinely felt like Bowen and whatever old guy he was paired with when I saw a Clippers broadcast last year was the single worst commentating match I've ever seen in sports. It was just baffling... like they were from different planets, different centuries, nay, different universes. Come to think of it, it may have been their first time calling together... quite sure it was, in fact. I actually thought Bruce did an admirable job of trying to be cool with the lame attempts of the octogenarian to sound hip. It was seriously embarrassing, groan-worthy and snooze-inducing.
    Clippers fans said they didn't even try to look like they don't hate each other's guts
    First Team All Nonsense

  15. Likes SkywalkerAC liked this post
  16. #1074
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    1,829
    Likes (Given)
    191
    Likes (Received)
    119

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is why our media guys are "puppets". Anytime you say something controversial that can impact the club that you are broadcasting for.. you could get the axe.

    I understand why LAC did it.. jeopardizing any chance to get in on a top 5 player in the league is going to cost you. But as a fan its nice to hear a refreshing/honest take on what's going on in sport. Never liked Bowen the player.. but I respect journalists that tell it as it is... and he did that with regards to Kawhi.
    Bowen statement was not untruthful just unwise. You would think he would know who the clippers are targeting.

  17. #1075
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,169
    Likes (Given)
    2528
    Likes (Received)
    1511

    Default

    I trust Masai has his secret agents active for any tampering efforts. It could be a rather nice return of draft choices even if KL left (no bad karma intended).
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  18. #1076
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13,745
    Likes (Given)
    3316
    Likes (Received)
    5829

    Default

    Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Bowen statement was not untruthful just unwise. You would think he would know who the clippers are targeting.
    Yeah theres 2 different types of media. NBA media, like Barkley or Stephen A Smith, or team employed media like formerly Bowen or Leo "the thrill" Rautins. It's quite clear they both have different boundaries for what they can or can't do. One is allowed to give you their raw unfiltered opinion. The other is just feeding fluff and basic analysis to the home fans.
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

    #KingDethroned

  19. #1077
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,913
    Likes (Given)
    1480
    Likes (Received)
    2183

    Default

    Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Bowen statement was not untruthful just unwise. You would think he would know who the clippers are targeting.
    Yeah... but that's the problem with "local" media. We'll never get their honest take unless the player they are judging for example is off the team.

    Watch how many times Leo or Jack will comment on how bad DeMar's defense was or how inconsistent he was in the playoffs now that he's no longer a Raptor.

  20. #1078
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,361
    Likes (Given)
    2957
    Likes (Received)
    800

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yeah... but that's the problem with "local" media. We'll never get their honest take unless the player they are judging for example is off the team.

    Watch how many times Leo or Jack will comment on how bad DeMar's defense was or how inconsistent he was in the playoffs now that he's no longer a Raptor.
    Broadcasters aren't journalists though, they're employees of the organization. That's like complaining you don't get honest media coverage from Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

  21. Likes KeonClark liked this post
  22. #1079
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,913
    Likes (Given)
    1480
    Likes (Received)
    2183

    Default

    Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Broadcasters aren't journalists though, they're employees of the organization. That's like complaining you don't get honest media coverage from Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.
    I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR

  23. #1080
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13,745
    Likes (Given)
    3316
    Likes (Received)
    5829

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR
    That's why I wish tsn and sportsnet would air the few national games we do get. Especially in the playoffs, the Rogers and blue Jays always air the USA national broadcast, but mlse and Raptors still sticks with friggin Matt and Leo while we got premier nba broadcasters calling the game south of the border
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

    #KingDethroned

  24. Likes planetmars liked this post
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 14 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 14 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •