Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-game-analyst

In the aftermath of critical comments about 2019 free-agent target Kawhi Leonard, Bruce Bowen won't be renewed as the LA Clippers television game analyst next season, sources told ESPN.

Bowen was under contract with Fox Sports West, but the Clippers -- like every organization -- have significant input into the hiring of television broadcast talents and withheld approval on extending his contract, sources said.

The sides were expected to move forward on a new deal before Bowen's public comments on Leonard, sources said. Bowen, a former NBA analyst with ESPN, declined comment when reached on Monday.
    "I look at it as a day to day process. My focus is this year. If you look at the future you're going to trip over the present."

- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• He bit the hand that fed him
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        haha, okay. I'm starting to get a bit obsessed about what this guy is all about because he's so elusive.
        I hear u bro. I'm getting worried longterm.
        But let's face it. That is just a bonus. It's all about this one season. Win or bust . And Massai's job.

If we can get to the finals that's a championship for us. Cause no way the Godfather Adam Silver allows us to win it all.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Random Monday morning thought: I've decided to get ahead of the constant confusion referring to Leonard or Lowry as KL will cause and have decided to refer to them as KL2 and KL7. That is all.
          KLow and KLeo

Comment

• This is why our media guys are "puppets". Anytime you say something controversial that can impact the club that you are broadcasting for.. you could get the axe.

I understand why LAC did it.. jeopardizing any chance to get in on a top 5 player in the league is going to cost you. But as a fan its nice to hear a refreshing/honest take on what's going on in sport. Never liked Bowen the player.. but I respect journalists that tell it as it is... and he did that with regards to Kawhi.

Comment

• Yikes, didn't he like just take over for that other guy? The other guy was better anyway.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Yikes, didn't he like just take over for that other guy? The other guy was better anyway.
                I genuinely felt like Bowen and whatever old guy he was paired with when I saw a Clippers broadcast last year was the single worst commentating match I've ever seen in sports. It was just baffling... like they were from different planets, different centuries, nay, different universes. Come to think of it, it may have been their first time calling together... quite sure it was, in fact. I actually thought Bruce did an admirable job of trying to be cool with the lame attempts of the octogenarian to sound hip. It was seriously embarrassing, groan-worthy and snooze-inducing.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  I genuinely felt like Bowen and whatever old guy he was paired with when I saw a Clippers broadcast last year was the single worst commentating match I've ever seen in sports. It was just baffling... like they were from different planets, different centuries, nay, different universes. Come to think of it, it may have been their first time calling together... quite sure it was, in fact. I actually thought Bruce did an admirable job of trying to be cool with the lame attempts of the octogenarian to sound hip. It was seriously embarrassing, groan-worthy and snooze-inducing.
                  Clippers fans said they didn't even try to look like they don't hate each other's guts
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    This is why our media guys are "puppets". Anytime you say something controversial that can impact the club that you are broadcasting for.. you could get the axe.

I understand why LAC did it.. jeopardizing any chance to get in on a top 5 player in the league is going to cost you. But as a fan its nice to hear a refreshing/honest take on what's going on in sport. Never liked Bowen the player.. but I respect journalists that tell it as it is... and he did that with regards to Kawhi.
                    Bowen statement was not untruthful just unwise. You would think he would know who the clippers are targeting.

Comment

• I trust Masai has his secret agents active for any tampering efforts. It could be a rather nice return of draft choices even if KL left (no bad karma intended).

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                        Bowen statement was not untruthful just unwise. You would think he would know who the clippers are targeting.
                        Yeah theres 2 different types of media. NBA media, like Barkley or Stephen A Smith, or team employed media like formerly Bowen or Leo "the thrill" Rautins. It's quite clear they both have different boundaries for what they can or can't do. One is allowed to give you their raw unfiltered opinion. The other is just feeding fluff and basic analysis to the home fans.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          Yeah... but that's the problem with "local" media. We'll never get their honest take unless the player they are judging for example is off the team.

Watch how many times Leo or Jack will comment on how bad DeMar's defense was or how inconsistent he was in the playoffs now that he's no longer a Raptor.

Comment

Yeah... but that's the problem with "local" media. We'll never get their honest take unless the player they are judging for example is off the team.

Watch how many times Leo or Jack will comment on how bad DeMar's defense was or how inconsistent he was in the playoffs now that he's no longer a Raptor.
                            Broadcasters aren't journalists though, they're employees of the organization. That's like complaining you don't get honest media coverage from Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Broadcasters aren't journalists though, they're employees of the organization. That's like complaining you don't get honest media coverage from Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.
                              I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR

Comment

I agree.. but it's still irritating to have to listen to the optimistic take all the time. It's not going to be an issue for most casual fans.. but for the hard core ones it can be irritating. Thank god for RR
                                That's why I wish tsn and sportsnet would air the few national games we do get. Especially in the playoffs, the Rogers and blue Jays always air the USA national broadcast, but mlse and Raptors still sticks with friggin Matt and Leo while we got premier nba broadcasters calling the game south of the border
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X