Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Didn't think it was necessary to insult DeMar by calling him "catty" (a pretty clear pejorative, that's usually applied to emphasize some femininity in the individual it describes). And yeah it probably is beneficial for Kawhi to not be around DeMar or Popovich. Just like it's beneficial for DeMar to not be around Kawhi or not around Masai at the Basketball Africa stuff.
    You're taking this all way too seriously.

Comment

Don't really think there's any distinction. DeMar doesn't have a good relationship with Masai right now, and Kawhi doesn't have a good relationship with Popovich. From the information released, there's actually more reason for DeMar to have issue with Masai than Kawhi to have issue with Pop (his issue seems like it should be more with the Spurs training staff).

Also we haven't known DeMar to be a dirty player or a guy who's going to try to hurt Kawhi at the camp. He might go at him hard offensively, but if anything that's good training for Leonard. I don't think Kawhi skipping the USA camp has anything to do with DD.

DeMar also needs to acclimate to a new team and city. And he wasn't expecting to have to do so. Kawhi has had some idea he'd be on a new team for several months now.
      No one said Demar would take a run at him, lol. Want to try again with points that were actually made?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        No one said Demar would take a run at him, lol. Want to try again with points that were actually made?
        Well then what's the issue? Apollo said Kawhi shouldn't go because of a catty DeMar... What exactly is DeMar going to do or say to Kawhi that would make it a negative experience for him? Kawhi isn't going because of Popovich, not DeRozan.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          You're taking this all way too seriously.
          I don't think so, I just like accuracy and think what you said was unfair to DeRozan tbh.

Comment

Well then what's the issue? Apollo said Kawhi shouldn't go because of a catty DeMar... What exactly is DeMar going to do or say to Kawhi that would make it a negative experience for him? Kawhi isn't going because of Popovich, not DeRozan.
            I didn't say he shouldn't, I said it makes sense if he wasn't going because of Catty DeRozan and the media circus.

Comment

Kawhi doesn't need to be around Demar to hear him bitching about Masai and all that. Pretty simple. Demar IS drama right now and Raptors fans shouldn't want Kawhi around that.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't think so, I just like accuracy and think what you said was unfair to DeRozan tbh.
                It's subjective.

Comment

Kawhi doesn't need to be around Demar to hear him bitching about Masai and all that. Pretty simple. Demar IS drama right now and Raptors fans shouldn't want Kawhi around that.
                  I don't think DeMar is gonna spend the USA camp bitching about Masai if he's trying to make a good impression and get on the roster.

Comment

It's subjective.
                    Sure, which is why we have differing opinions on it.

Comment

I don't think DeMar is gonna spend the USA camp bitching about Masai if he's trying to make a good impression and get on the roster.
                      Maybe, but I mean right now it's like he's acting out a Carrie Underwood song.

Comment

Maybe, but I mean right now it's like he's acting out a Carrie Underwood song.
                        I think his actions right now are pretty reasonable. I mean at least the Spurs are able to contact him.

Comment

Demar doesn't want to be around Masai cause his feelings are hurt and Masai is likely to be there as an ambassador for BWB.

Kawhi is trying to acclimatize to a new city/team and doesn't need the "catty ex" complaining about things.

I see a clear distinction there even if you choose not to. Demar feelings are really part of the Siberian forum equation and I doubt he needs you defending his honour.
                          ftfy

Comment

• 10 days ago:

Kawhi is a ruthless petty prima donna who has put his own selfishness ahead of the legendary Gregg Popovich and Spurs organization. Scumbag.

Demar is a loyal soldier, one of the best people in the game. Hard worker. Good father. Lucky to have him.

Now:

Kawhi has become a hard done by quality guy who isn't going to camp to avoid conflict for the betterment of everyone.

Demar is a ruthless petty prima donna who's putting his own needs ahead of the starving children of Africa. Practically took food out of their mouth. May have even killed a kid.

Fandom! Ain't it grand?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We don't have any indication Kawhi isn't going because he wants to avoid Pop or DeRozan. Initial reports were his interest was to demonstrate his good health to increase eligibility for trade, having already been traded he doesn't need to go. That he was initially planning to go shows that he doesn't feel the need to avoid Pop, in spite of everything that's happened the past year.

A healthy Kawhi also doesn't need to make a good impression at minicamps to make the next national team. He'll demonstrate his health this season with the Raptors.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Remaining in the mode of posting US sportsmedia vids...

I worry it is possible that someone may already have posted this video, perhaps in one of the preceding 45 pages of this thread, but I regret I lack the self-discipline to pick through the pages I missed. But I saw this elsewhere really it gave me a kind of new insight into understanding how Kawhi got so upset with Pop and the Spurs.

Before this I had frankly seen Kawhi as being rather petty and downright baffling/inscrutable, but listening to SteJack break this down in the way he does, gave me a new perspective; In brief, Stack sees the comments of Parker and Manu as being part of a concerted effort by Pop to exercise a kind of Public relations campaign against Kawhi; and Kawhi would have known 100% that Pop was encouraging them to kind of ridicule him in the public eye. That it was a kind of systemic effort on behalf of Pop to make Kawhi look bad (or what he was doing/not doing look bad), using the beloved Spurs veterans as a mouthpiece.

Now, clearly Stack has some long time hate on for Tony Parker anyway (since he didn't pass him the ball that one time, goddamn), but his breakdown gave me some new insight into what in the world Kawhi was thinking to be displeased .... with such a great man as Popovich himself and the vaunted Spurs organization, etc.

His comments start at 3:33.
                                Last edited by veda-parabolist; Thu Jul 26, 2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X