Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Ah so you're one of those yes men types
    Yessir!! And if somebody offered you $30M US per year to be hero worshipped for 3 years.... what say you?

Comment

• I feel that once the general public sees Kawhi play; they will fall in love. Toronto has always loved gritty players. We loved people like Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Reggie Evans, Quincy Acy. Kawhi is player like that, but with heads and shoulders more skill. I can't wait to see all the highlights of blocks, steals, loose balls, scrappy rebounds, dunks, floaters, jump shots, threes.

Has the season started yet?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Yessir!! And if somebody offered you $30M US per year to be hero worshipped for 3 years.... what say you?
        People placing themselves in the shoes of the very few people who can actually occupy those shoes is where these false expectations happen.

If someone offered me $30M a year to play basketball, yeah, I'd do whatever they asked of me.

If Masai didn't offer Kyle 30M, someone else would (or a similarly monstrous amount of money). It's completely different. Lowry already shows up every year, carries the team on his back to the point of destroying his body most seasons, and essentially drove the revenue of the team through the roof by himself with the sustained success. He's earned his money and should feel no pressure to cow-tow to the expectations of the ignorant populace or be at the beck and call of the team's management team.

And all this depends on Lewenberg's "league sources," which I don't even understand how anyone besides Lowry, Nurse, Masai or Bobby would even know about this level of detail, so...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If my "company" was paying me $30M US (real dollars) per year to play NBA basketball, first of all, I'd remain single until my playing days were over. nudge-wink. Secondly, I'd carry 1 phone for each Raptors front executive and owner that needed to reach me, day or night. Yes, Masai. No, Masai. But hey, that's just me.
          Yes that's you talking, because you are not making $30 million dollars and you are not a famous sports athlete whom the franchise cater's too. I agree that rich & famous sports athletes have the least amount of reason to complain in comparison to the average person ( heck give me $2 million dollars and I will go play basketball in Nunavut for 8 months and you won't hear a peep from me, how cold and boring the place is).

When you are dealing with rich & spoiled athlete's this is what you have to put up with. You think Kawahi is off the hook from what happen in SA?! You think Ibaka is off the hook for getting suspended for 1 game last year for threatening someone?! You are dealing with people who have been accustomed to this lifestyle. Someone in a third world country can probably get mad on you for being a spoiled North American by acting entitled.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            People placing themselves in the shoes of the very few people who can actually occupy those shoes is where these false expectations happen.

If someone offered me $30M a year to play basketball, yeah, I'd do whatever they asked of me.

If Masai didn't offer Kyle 30M, someone else would (or a similarly monstrous amount of money). It's completely different. Lowry already shows up every year, carries the team on his back to the point of destroying his body most seasons, and essentially drove the revenue of the team through the roof by himself with the sustained success. He's earned his money and should feel no pressure to cow-tow to the expectations of the ignorant populace or be at the beck and call of the team's management team.

And all this depends on Lewenberg's "league sources," which I don't even understand how anyone besides Lowry, Nurse, Masai or Bobby would even know about this level of detail, so...
            All depends on whether the reports are true, but IF true.... picking up the phone isn't exactly kow-towing. And IF true, that's just immature, dis-respectful, petty and ungrateful.

And Lowry drove the revenue of the team through the roof "by himself"? Oh, man....

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yes that's you talking, because you are not making $30 million dollars and you are not a famous sports athlete whom the franchise cater's too. I agree that rich & famous sports athletes have the least amount of reason to complain in comparison to the average person ( heck give me $2 million dollars and I will go play basketball in Nunavut for 8 months and you won't hear a peep from me, how cold and boring the place is).

When you are dealing with rich & spoiled athlete's this is what you have to put up with. You think Kawahi is off the hook from what happen in SA?! You think Ibaka is off the hook for getting suspended for 1 game last year for threatening someone?! You are dealing with people who have been accustomed to this lifestyle. Someone in a third world country can probably get mad on you for being a spoiled North American by acting entitled.
              Yep, once you're rich long enough you get used to it, it's your new reality. Whereas you used to complain about being poor now you'll find new stuff to complain about
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If my "company" was paying me $30M US (real dollars) per year to play NBA basketball, first of all, I'd remain single until my playing days were over. nudge-wink. Secondly, I'd carry 1 phone for each Raptors front executive and owner that needed to reach me, day or night. Yes, Masai. No, Masai. But hey, that's just me.
                No offense, but thats what you think you would do. But for almost 99% of the people out there, it doesn't matter if the situation changes - their mind remains the same. You may think you would try harder if you were a NBA player, but you would resort back to old habits.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  No offense, but thats what you think you would do. But for almost 99% of the people out there, it doesn't matter if the situation changes - their mind remains the same. You may think you would try harder if you were a NBA player, but you would resort back to old habits.
                  No that's exactly what I would do, because if somebody actually paid me $30M to play basketball, I would be robbing them blind and laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, the fringe benefits alone are something that can't even be bought.

Comment

No that's exactly what I would do, because if somebody actually paid me $30M to play basketball, I would be robbing them blind and laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, the fringe benefits alone are something that can't even be bought.
                    So we're in on agreement on that. Golden, the miraculous overnight basketball millionaire, standing at 5'9, scouting report: uncoordinated, should probably answer his boss ujiri when he calls

Lowry, the 13 year vet with 200 million career earnings can probably get away with swiping the ignore option on his phone
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lowry, the 13 year vet with 200 million career earnings can probably get away with swiping the ignore option on his phone
                      Lowry has got "Fuck you money" that is the reality of the situation and you have to accept that fact that he can walk away from it all if he wanted too and no amount of pressure or penalty is going to scare him. This is why you give your stars more room to operate.

Comment

• Kyle has alway been a bit of a dick as camp opens. Its just Kyle being Kyle. There have been some pretty childish pressers and post gamers from him... Remember the losing skid a couple years back and the "someone or somethings gotta change" charmer ?

From my cheap seat it looks like he is just staying in his "why are you asking me these dumb questions you dumb ass reporters you" character. Also in character is when the games start and mean something we should expect him to be the player who has earned a couple of ASG berths and invites to the National Team camps. He has dedicated his whole life to this game and the professional part of it to winning an NBA championship.

He may be pissed his wing man is gone... but he's not stupid.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 25, 2018, 06:36 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Id probably ignore the phone too 😝 its summer holidays the season is a grind enough. What are they gonna say anyway? Hey kyle hows it goin...bla bla bla

Comment

• ...I mean the young guys sure - work on your three, heres an exercise regimen...kyle knows what hes gotta do though

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                              Id probably ignore the phone too �� its summer holidays the season is a grind enough. What are they gonna say anyway? Hey kyle hows it goin...bla bla bla
                              So lets make that a little more human.... Say your baby sister who you love to death has falling out with her husband/boyfriend and marches home or to your house to stay. It takes two to fight but shes your baby sister.

Then the phone rings and its the ex who wants to give you his side of the story...

You taking that call ? or deal with it later...
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 25, 2018, 06:43 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I have always been a Kyle Lowry fan ... since his Memphis days and then wishing when he was in Houston if the Raptors could make a trade for him ...when there was a question about who was going to win the pg position there between Dragic and he. Then his blowup with McHale occurred and I started to doubt his attitude ...but not his basketball chops. Glad he came here but those questions lingered and the abrasiveness but never his talent. But it could be that very quality which makes him play bigger than he is (sorry about the cliche).

Then I read this piece that he penned (at least he had a lot to do with the content) and it reminded me of the complexities of one's life's experiences which contribute to the subject being discussed. In KL's personality is embedded a trust deficiency it seems. We may have a personal view (from afar/arm's length) but never really know what makes him tick.

As far as I am concerned I hope he overcomes the loss of his friend DD from the team and the transition with a new coach and a superior talent like Kawhi as well does not pose any issues from a personality standpoint.

For anyone doubting KL, have a read if you had not already ( dated Feb '16)

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...s-nba-all-star

Comment

Working...
                                X