Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    As long as team is winning .. I don't think their should be any pitch forks ... He was brought in to help with Kawhi Leonard transition and help young core with some vetern experience .
    Welcome, you must be new here LOL.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I suspect it will be Danny Green's turn to be this year's Raptors punching bag. Just waiting for game 3 or 4 of the regular season before the pitch forks come out.
      I don't see it because (1) he's much more personable than say a Demarre Carroll, (2) doesn't have a silly self-appointment nickname like Demarre Carroll, (3) our LeBron-stopping hopes don't require a healthy Green....unlike Demarre Carroll, and (4) he's not Demarre Carroll

Also, as the season goes by, we'll hear lots of stories of Green helping Kawhi acclimate in Toronto. The fans will love him.

EDIT: Green isn't guaranteed a starting spot. If he struggles, Nurse can easily minimize the damage by promoting OG, Siakam, Freddy, Delon, etc. with more minutes.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I don't see it because (1) he's much more personable than say a Demarre Carroll, (2) doesn't have a silly self-appointment nickname like Demarre Carroll, (3) our LeBron-stopping hopes don't require a healthy Green....unlike Demarre Carroll, and (4) he's not Demarre Carroll

Also, as the season goes by, we'll hear lots of stories of Green helping Kawhi acclimate in Toronto. The fans will love him.

EDIT: Green isn't guaranteed a starting spot. If he struggles, Nurse can easily minimize the damage by promoting OG, Siakam, Freddy, Delon, etc. with more minutes.
        I agree mostly due to the last part. If he struggles, play more Wright/Powell/OG and nobody cares too much. He was the throw in with Kawhi on an expiring deal, it's kind of a no risk situation.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I dont know which part I love more..the fact that hes unfazed by it, the fact he doesnt use social media or the quiet and justified confidence at the end of the quote.

He seems so comfortable in his own skin. Not to take more unnecessary pot shots at Lowry and DeRozan, but they never seemed to be actual confident, more like acting confident. Always yearning for some sort of validation that they are top dogs. And to me it is why the playoffs kept following the same pattern. That doubt.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Another DUMB question by thr media. Smfh.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                Another DUMB question by thr media. Smfh.
                Cringe-worthy, for sure.

I remember the days (i.e. pre-TMZ era) when sports reporters only discussed sports.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I dont know which part I love more..the fact that hes unfazed by it, the fact he doesnt use social media or the quiet and justified confidence at the end of the quote.

He seems so comfortable in his own skin. Not to take more unnecessary pot shots at Lowry and DeRozan, but they never seemed to be actual confident, more like acting confident. Always yearning for some sort of validation that they are top dogs. And to me it is why the playoffs kept following the same pattern. That doubt.
                  On the other end of the spectrum......

“Everything drives me,” said Lowry. “I read everything, I see everything, everybody who wrote anything, I read it.

Everything?

“I know everything, I know every person who says something bad about me. But it’s part of the game, it’s part of the business, for me I don’t need the motivation from that but I just use it, I know who’s going to talk.”

So, what did you think about what was written about you from February, Kyle?

“It’s true, I know how bad I played. But at the end of the day, it is what it is. I want them to say those things, because they’re going to change their minds (from) early (last) year, and it was ‘Oh my god.’ Now I’ve got to go back to making them say ‘Oh my god’ again. That’s all that matters.”

If Lowry is reading this right now, I’ll just say this: He’s a fascinating, complex figure. At his best he makes basketball look like a heroic exercise, because unlike the LeBrons of the world, his greatness doesn’t have a big margin for error. It looks hard.
                  https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...nd-arthur.html

Comment

• I am so glad we have Kwahi, who does not give a shit what anyone has to say

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                      I am so glad we have Kwahi, who does not give a shit what anyone has to say

Comment

• I remember during the all star weekend when Jimmy Butler (I think) said something like "the raptors are doodoo" and Derozan and Lowry didn't know how to react. They both were so awkward...I can only imagine someone saying that to Kwahi and him saying "no one gives a shit about what you have to say" and then proceeds to beat them by 81 points

LIKE WE HAVE NEVER HAD THIS LEVEL OF CONFIDENCE ON A ROSTER!! This is revolutionary !!!!

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          It was a breath of fresh air to see a main cog of the offense who can defend his own position. Kawhi will dominate the East. Very excited to see his entire repertoire when it matters most.

The depth of this team will be something that will overwhelm the opponent.

The Claw will not be the Claw if he does not voice out Pascal Siakam’s pathetic three point accuracy. This guy worked all summer long with his game, with all those videos and trash talking ??? but goodness gracious, he threw a lot of clunkers...a continuation of last season’s embarrassing 20 percenter average. The overrating of this guy by some folks is hilarious.
                          I keep saying that I don't want every poor 3 pt shooter on the team to jack up 3's just because "it's the thing to do" this season....Siakam and Munroe max 1-2 attempts per game .... only with less than 3 seconds on the clock

Comment

• Watching the Lakers-Nuggets game on NBATV Canada, they're showing different Kawhi highlight packages at the end of each commercial break lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Kawhi is a smooth operator, I am so excited to see all his hidden skills At both ends of the floor that we haven’t regularly seen as fans outside of the Spurs market.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hey......that was a very insightful comment. The Lowry/Derozan post game antics always had that forced quality that gave me that same impression. Early days but I'm feeling really good about this team. I think JV has become a very confident player....like Kawhi somewhat unflappable. Danny Green is a role player but a great team player and comes with all of that San Antonio experience. Then of course the high character young guys; FVV, Delon and Pascal. The Celtics might have more talent (barely) but I like our team personality.

Comment

Working...
                                X