This site's data is a little different for Kawhi, but still strong

http://www.82games.com/1617/16SAS10.HTM#clutch

Because someone will ask - Demar's stats from the same year

http://www.82games.com/1617/16TOR6.HTM#clutch

Site doesn't have stats up for this year as yet
    This is a great site thanks

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      The Raptors Kawhi IG post is full of Lakers fans talking about 2019. Fuck these guys. I'm convinced the Lakers have the worst/delusional fanbase in the NBA.
      Lakers have won in the recrnt past, Knicks fans and players are the ones huffing paint thinner.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Alright, alright, enough of all the positivity. I wanna know what Kawhi's clutch numbers are like. It's the last possession of the game and Raptors are down and with possession of the ball. Is Kahwi that guy? I mean if you want to call him a top 5 player in the league he has to be able to get you a bucket in those situations right?
        Raptors had the second best record in the NBA last year with a shit coach. Nobody in the East got much better and Celtics have to retool around two starters returning vs Raptors that swapped one impact position player. There will be growing pains but the Raptors were pretty good relative to their opponents before the trade. This isnt big three Miami, or OKC style overhauls. Also predict an Ibaka bounce back year with Casey gone, like Cujo or Carroll and a JV breakout

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Lakers have won in the recrnt past, Knicks fans and players are the ones huffing paint thinner.
          Nah Lakers fans are way more annoying than Knicks fans.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It just still doesn't feel real that somehow we got Kawhi muthf'ing Leonard!!

I'm even more excited for next season than I was back in the VC days.

#ALLHAILTHEKINGOFTHENORTH

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Yeah very worried about Nurse. People are acting like they know he's a great coach but we haven't actually seen him at the NBA level yet. Head coaching in the NBA is somewhat of a crapshoot and it's really hard to tell if a guy is going to be good or not (or even how to determine whether it's the coach that's good or just the roster). I was listening to Morey talk about this, and he basically said that there's almost zero analytical basis/model to use for determining coaching ability at the NBA level.
                It's actually incredibly simple.

Coaching ability is directly related to the amount of talent on the roster.

But seriously - the only study I've ever seen or heard of said that there's one solid predictor of coaching success that we know of: the best coaches are the ones who correctly identity the distribution of talent on a roster, and maximize how much talent is on the floor throughout the game. So you could modify that sentence above: coaching ability is directly related to the amount of talent that gets into a game.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  It's actually incredibly simple.

Coaching ability is directly related to the amount of talent on the roster.

But seriously - the only study I've ever seen or heard of said that there's one solid predictor of coaching success that we know of: the best coaches are the ones who correctly identity the distribution of talent on a roster, and maximize how much talent is on the floor throughout the game. So you could modify that sentence above: coaching ability is directly related to the amount of talent that gets into a game.
                  Except it's almost impossible to separate the talent itself from how much the coach is enhancing or making good use of that talent. That's what he was saying.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Except it's almost impossible to separate the talent itself from how much the coach is enhancing or making good use of that talent. That's what he was saying.
                    Yeah, I get that. I guess you could modify it like this: we know an excellent predictor of how an NBA coach will fail: they don't get all of the talent onto the floor that they could have. To a certain degree, this is a more refined version of Smitch's folk wisdom 'It ain't about the Xs and Os, it's about the Jimmies and the Joes'.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Here's some fun/sad trivia I discovered using bbref. In our entire franchise history, out of the hundreds of votes each year, exactly two Raptors have each received a single 3rd place vote for Defensive Player of the Year. (Which should change this year, thank God.)

Any guesses who they are?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Here's some fun/sad trivia I discovered using bbref. In our entire franchise history, out of the hundreds of votes each year, exactly two Raptors have each received a single 3rd place vote for Defensive Player of the Year. (Which should change this year, thank God.)

Any guesses who they are?
                        Doug Christie? Chris childs?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Doug Christie? Chris childs?
                          Biyombo?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            I hope that's not the sneak peak. I want him on the court, not watching with the fans.

Comment

• Good read on what is possible

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...tle-contenders

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Finishes really strong.

We all know about the difference in defense between the 2, but this a great look at their offensive comparison. Usage nearly identical, Leonard efficiency noticeably better

On average, Leonard in 2016-17 and DeRozan in 2017-18 took the same number of shots per game (17.7) with almost the same number of free throw attempts (7.0 for DeRozan, 7.2 for Leonard) in similar minutes (33.9 MPG for DeRozan, 33.4 MPG for Leonard). Leonard scored more efficiently from every distance, making 52.9 percent of his 2s (vs. DeRozan's 49.3 percent), 38 percent of his 3s (vs. DeRozan's 31.2 percent) and 88.0 percent of his free throws (vs. DeRozan's 82.5 percent).

Leonard has more reliable shooting range, and his physicality also makes him more of a threat at the rim. He draws more defensive attention than DeRozan even without the ball in his hands, which should allow Lowry and the other Raptors creators more space and opportunity to produce.

The Raptors were 59-23 with a scoring margin of plus-7.8 points last season, both marks right behind the Rockets and ahead of the Warriors at the top of the NBA. If all goes well following this trade, they should significantly upgrade their on-court production on both ends of the floor. With Leonard, their best player is now proven in the playoffs and a legitimate MVP-level performer, which should help the Raptors avoid their typical postseason malaise.

The Warriors are still the front-runners. The Celtics are essentially adding Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward to a team that was one win away from the Finals. The Rockets remain loaded -- we just saw Houston put Golden State on the ropes with strong defense and efficient, methodical offense.

But if the Raptors get the full Kawhi experience, they are absolutely contenders to do the same and challenge all of those teams for the title.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X