No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not going to lie. There is a part of me that wants Kawhi to stay not just because I love the Raptors but also because I can't stand Lakers and Sixers fans. Celtics fans can pound sand too.

If Kawhi stays it'll make all of them so salty.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...tle-contenders

Im sure someone already posted this but Man OH Fucking Man, if we get a fully motivated Kawhi and an expected fighting for a major payday Danny Green...look out.

Factor in the JV factor, the more oiled machine bench Mob and an OG...as a lifelong fan of this team, theres no way you would miss any games. The playoffs and the expectation of a deep run is something to get so excited.

Comment

• One trade, and my expectations go from 0 to 100 with this team. I'm expecting a competitive finals.. and any other outcome will be a disappointment.

Comment

• Rasheed Wallace before he got traded to the Pistons was a total headcase.

Though Kawhi may not be that Sheed type of player but there is that existing risk and the what if.

His addition and Green to the equation minus the net negative Defense/below average 3 pt. Capability of Derozan is HUGE.

Both Kawhi and Green are playoff tested players with the former finals MVP vs. a consistent playoff choker Derozan.

Think of that for a moment.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Really good article on why Toronto might be able to keep Kwahi (from a San Diego reporter):
            https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...722-story.html

Even got a quote from Norm's mom:
            The piece also talked about Kawhi being a huge Drake fan, which can only help.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• So it's about fame.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think its also good that Masai said hed ask for Kawhis input on what needs to be done going forward. Im not a fan of players taking a gm role but super stars yes their input is good.

Comment

• In any sport, there are basically 4 things that drive players' decisions about where they want to play in free agency. In no particular order:

--Money
                  --Winning (which will indirectly bring other things like fame, personal/professional satisfaction, endorsements, legacy etc..)
                  --Organization/Team fit (that's your workplace satisfaction, meaning how well you get along with your teammates, locker room, team role (being "the man" or not), your relationship with the front office, team culture, fanbase etc)
                  --Non-basketball factors (that's the personal stuff, family & friends, kids, childhood desires to live in a certain place etc..)

That's it. Every individual player will put varying degrees of importance on all of these, but each of these factors will always play some part in a free agency decision.

The reason I think we have more than a decent shot in having him re-sign is we're looking very strong on the first 3 factors:

(1) Because of the way the contract rules are, we can give him the most money (supermax)

(2) Raptors provide him the most clearcut path to the finals and to a championship right now (certainly more so than any other team in the Western meatgrinder). That remains true for the future too if he sticks around (especially if we sign Giannis in free agency). We're 10-man deep and at our peak right now.

(3) Our culture, locker room, fanbase, and general organizational quality are one of the best in the NBA. Even our medical staff has a solid track record (e.g. Anunoby's fast rehabilitation). He will also be clearly the main player/team leader, if he chooses to. The way Masai is able to relate to and with players is also pretty unique.

The only factor we can't control is the 4th one (the non-basketaball stuff). If he decides to put more weight on it than all the other 3 combined, then you end the year knowing you did all you could, and start rebuilding and getting ready for Giannis.

That said, I like our chances.
                  Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Jul 22, 2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    The piece also talked about Kawhi being a huge Drake fan, which can only help.
                    It's interesting that Norm's mom happens to be friends with Kawhi's mom. That connection right there could be critical to us keeping Kawhi around.

I'm anti-trading Norm now because of this LOL

Comment

It's interesting that Norm's mom happens to be friends with Kawhi's mom. That connection right there could be critical to us keeping Kawhi around.

Lol Was just going to say, Norm likely just became untouchable in some peoples books because of this article.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        So it's about fame.

Bendit posted the link to that article earlier.. it goes through a paywall so I couldn't read it. But it's surprising that Kawhi even cares about that kind of thing. Hopefully Drake writes a song or two with his name in it. If fame is what he wants.. he may not get much of that here unfortunately.

Although he'll start in a lot of all-star games. Our fans are great at voting guys in.

Comment

So the Raps can't trade Norm now right?
                          #untouchable
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So it's about fame.

Masai and Uncle Dennis meeting where Masai discuss the idea that continent of Africa is close to finally stand up on its two feet and about to become a booming powerhouse market for the NBA and Masai is the link that can make it all happen.

Comment

Bendit posted the link to that article earlier.. it goes through a paywall so I couldn't read it. But it's surprising that Kawhi even cares about that kind of thing. Hopefully Drake writes a song or two with his name in it. If fame is what he wants.. he may not get much of that here unfortunately.

Although he'll start in a lot of all-star games. Our fans are great at voting guys in.
                              It does go thru a subscriber signup request but I had indicated that scrolling down past that request gives full access (with a few lines obscured).

Comment

• I opened the article through my phone and went directly to the article no problem.

Anyway, Vince Carter showed that a Superstar can get famous in Toronto in a big way. The Raptors and supporting businesses need to be all hands on deck to give Kawhi the kind of star treatment he could never hope to get in San Antonio. The fans need to drop the crap and get on board as well. No one can best Toronto's fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X