Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me pose a different, hypothetical question:

If you had five fully guaranteed years of pure loyalty, and you had the option to build your franchise around one guy, who would you choose?

Durant or Kawhi?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Let me pose a different, hypothetical question:

If you had five fully guaranteed years of pure loyalty, and you had the option to build your franchise around one guy, who would you choose?

Durant or Kawhi?
      Easily Kawhi.

Defensively:

Kawhi - Elite
      Durant - Solid

Offensively:

Kawhi - Very good
      Durant - Elite

How elite is Kawhi defensively? if you can shut down LeBron. I mean "shut down" not slow him down, then you're more than great. Kawhi shut LeBron down in the Finals a couple of years ago.

Also, Kawhi has proven that he can lead a team to championship. Durant on the other hand has proven nothing. He couldn't lead OKC to a championship so he left and joined a powerhouse/dynasty team.
      Last edited by The Great One; Sat Sep 1, 2018, 06:35 PM.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And yes, I don't think much of Durant and all the FAKE championships that he has won. If he's so great why couldn't he lead OKC to a championship?

Everyone makes a joke about how Golden State blew a 3-1 lead to Cleveland. People forget, OKC blew a 3-1 lead to Golden State in the Western Finals.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And I dont care what anyone says, Durant is not better offensively than curry. At least in the concept of a 5 man team. Hes the 3rd best offensive player behind James and curry.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Its only a two team sample but id say kawhi would help GS and Raptors more than durant. However right now if picking a guy for next 4/5 years id say durant because although comparable hes proven himself over more years and isnt coming off a long time on the IL.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              Let me pose a different, hypothetical question:

Durant or Kawhi?
              thats tough i'd say durant but its very close. Durant is also nutty defensively... but i dont think any one can match him as a scorer. He will probably end up surpassing lebron as a scorer.

Comment

• if we win in the finals (hypothetical). then Kawhi leaves... would you consider giving him a statue still?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Easily Kawhi.

Defensively:

Kawhi - Elite
                  Durant - Solid

Offensively:

Kawhi - Very good
                  Durant - Elite

How elite is Kawhi defensively? if you can shut down LeBron. I mean "shut down" not slow him down, then you're more than great. Kawhi shut LeBron down in the Finals a couple of years ago.

Also, Kawhi has proven that he can lead a team to championship. Durant on the other hand has proven nothing. He couldn't lead OKC to a championship so he left and joined a powerhouse/dynasty team.
                  Pretty much nailed it with the leadership comment. A young Kawhi earned the respect and trust of 3 future HoF'ers to defer to him beating Lebron and 2 other HoF'ers (Bosh & Wade) in their primes. Best team ever assembled around Lebron and they got steamrolled, lead by Kawhi.
                  Last edited by golden; Sun Sep 2, 2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    if we win in the finals (hypothetical). then Kawhi leaves... would you consider giving him a statue still?
                    A banner in the rafters yes.

A statue. No.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Win the chip and leave anyways? I couldn't imagine the hot takes. The league would be embarrassed.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        if we win in the finals (hypothetical). then Kawhi leaves... would you consider giving him a statue still?
                        Do you give statues to your one night stands? I offer breakfast and never make eye contact again.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                          Win the chip and leave anyways? I couldn't imagine the hot takes. The league would be embarrassed.
                          lol we fired the "coach of the year" and traded away our most loyal player tho so Karma...

Comment

• Btw this could be worth something on EBay someday...

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              And I dont care what anyone says, Durant is not better offensively than curry. At least in the concept of a 5 man team. Hes the 3rd best offensive player behind James and curry.
                              I agree a teams offense is more scary built around curry, but as am individual I'd say KD is more unguardable. Teams have shut Curry down in the playoffs by mever letting him get comfortable off the ball. You kinda just have to hope KD misses, he can just beat you anywhere and nobody can really contest his release.

I agree though, Currys impact on his teammates play might be the best in the league, i mean he just has to stand on the court and everyone elses game opens up. Thats why GS is still Curry's team.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Do you give statues to your one night stands? I offer breakfast and never make eye contact again.
                                Right but what if the one night stand is with Scarlett Johansson

Comment

Working...
                                X