• Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    What a fun guy lol

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Very positive and genuine answer here:

https://streamable.com/e54yb
      Nice answer, except he did harp on the cold again... its a hit or miss but Raps should go deep enough that he will see the nicer weather of Toronto well into may and hopefully june with a nice parade on yonge st in the middle of nice sunshine in june...

Comment

• Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
          Nice answer, except he did harp on the cold again... its a hit or miss but Raps should go deep enough that he will see the nicer weather of Toronto well into may and hopefully june with a nice parade on yonge st in the middle of nice sunshine in june...
          Everyone harps on the cold, even the locals. The funniest thing is when people in Toronto harp about -10 degrees... while people in Winnipeg are facing -30.

Comment

• The cold is different in Toronto though. I’m from northern Ontario originally (no not the mukokas...that’s not northern Ontario) and I find the weather in Toronto colder because of the dampness. -30 is freaking cold, but I would say a -15 in TO is similar.

Comment

• Either way, hopefully we make it deep into the playoff lols and he can see what May and June are like in TO

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                The cold is different in Toronto though. I’m from northern Ontario originally (no not the mukokas...that’s not northern Ontario) and I find the weather in Toronto colder because of the dampness. -30 is freaking cold, but I would say a -15 in TO is similar.
                Underrated insight, Churrontooenains are better Canadians based off of Cold tolerance.

Comment

• Has anyone else been impressed by his tone this weekend? Hes saying all the right things, repping Toronto pretty nice. Apparently he had a freudian slip in one of his answers and said something like "this is my first year in toronto"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Has anyone else been impressed by his tone this weekend? Hes saying all the right things, repping Toronto pretty nice. Apparently he had a freudian slip in one of his answers and said something like "this is my first year in toronto"
                    Yeah I saw it. Probably just avoiding controversy but he seems like he is enjoying himself this season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I saw it. Probably just avoiding controversy but he seems like he is enjoying himself this season.
                      If I'm Kawhi, and I say try to say this without bias, I look around the league my best option is resign here for 2 years.

You could easily position yourself for 2 more years to not only be easts best, but maybe league favorite (rumors have Durant leaving golden state). You've got the exciting development of siakam, top 3 GM, and Lowry and gasol remaining as "star role players" for probably..2 more years. So you have a chance to be the bonafide best player on the best team still.

That would not happen in lakertown. And it's a circus for at least 2 more years.
                      West and the clippers? Fun first half story, but they're not ready for at least.. 2 more years
                      His daughter is 2 years old so while he may eventually want her to grow up in California, she wont have school or friends or a life if her own for at least 2 more years.
                      And then the money, if he wins another mvp, dpoy or finals mvp by 2021, or even contends ie all nba, you best believe he can still sign a mega buck deal at age 30 in California.

So you heard it here first, Kawhi Leonard, Two More Years.
                      Last edited by KeonClark; Sun Feb 17, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

If I'm Kawhi, and I say try to say this without bias, I look around the league my best option is resign here for 2 years.

You could easily position yourself for 2 more years to not only be easts best, but maybe league favorite (rumors have Durant leaving golden state). You've got the exciting development of siakam, top 3 GM, and Lowry and gasol remaining as "star role players" for probably..2 more years. So you have a chance to be the bonafide best player on the best team still.

That would not happen in lakertown. And it's a circus for at least 2 more years.
                        West and the clippers? Fun first half story, but they're not ready for at least.. 2 more years
                        His daughter is 2 years old so while he may eventually want her to grow up in California, she wont have school or friends or a life if her own for at least 2 more years.
                        And then the money, if he wins another mvp, dpoy or finals mvp by 2021, or even contends ie all nba, you best believe he can still sign a mega buck deal at age 30 in California.

Very good points. He should also realize, by this years experience, that Raps Mgmt, Training/Medical staff will take a cautious approach when it comes to injuries, rest, load management etc. Considering he would still be in his prime with two more All-Star years added to his resume he could still land a mega $ contract to play out West.

Comment

• honestly this is the best place for him overall. he gets his own team that is set up for both now and to compete two seasons from now if he stays, especially with guys like pascal. The medical staff is second to none. The only knock on toronto is that it is cold.. but so is most of the eastern coast teams. So to me if he leaves for the weather thats fine... if he doesn't.. then i dont know why he would leave.

LA won't give him the spot light more than he gets here. As much as they tried to shove lebron's team down our throats this year... guess what? They suck. So we can no longer keep talkign about that team. Also you come here you don't have to worry about living up to some ridiculous legacy (kobe/shaq/kareem/magic). Having your family away from you can also be a boost in some ways because its less distractions.

Comment

The only thing I'd disagree with is Lowry and Gasol remaining as star role players for two more year. If I was Kawhi and wanted to sign here for two more years, I'd want a guarantee that there was another 1B player to add so that Siakam is your number 3 and whatever Kyle, Marc, Danny, Green and Serge can give is a bonus, not mandatory to compete.

This team could get old fast otherwise.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              The only thing I'd disagree with is Lowry and Gasol remaining as star role players for two more year. If I was Kawhi and wanted to sign here for two more years, I'd want a guarantee that there was another 1B player to add so that Siakam is your number 3 and whatever Kyle, Marc, Danny, Green and Serge can give is a bonus, not mandatory to compete.

Siakam can very easily be a good #2 sooner than you think. If he can get say 20-9-5 with lockdown defense, that is a very good top 20 all star player. And I think he can get there

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree with this. Lowry and Gasol aren't getting any younger and we've all seen a lot of regression from Lowry. Who knows how long he can keep playing at a decent level. When Lowry's regression becomes permanent, we'll be in trouble because this team goes as Kyle goes.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X