Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Nba = 1/2 wwe+ 1/2 soap opera

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Let the angst begin.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...i-leonard-stay

"It's just different going anywhere," Leonard said. "I mean, I'm not real familiar [with Toronto], but my friend [Cory Joseph], he's from Toronto ... he pretty much showed me the city in the four or five years I was with him [in San Antonio]. That kind of brings me some familiarity here.

"But it's just cold. You know, I came from California, and I moved to San Antonio, and there's no snow in either city. It's my first experience having Christmas with snow on the ground and just seeing snow throughout the year for the first time."

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        nah....his responses are as direct and without guile as you can get.

He says things are different in every city. Its not bad.. Its not good.. Its different. Thats it. Its different.

He says there is snow in Toronto on Christmas. He says that he hasn't seen snow in either San Antonio or Los Angeles at Christmas. Just an observation.

I know this is bordering on boolean logic from Leonard. But its what he is. He is as vanilla and uninteresting as they come as sports quote and personality. He is almost hermit like in his personality. Its just who he is.

On whatever floats his boat on his decisions.... I hope he sees it in Toronto. Time will tell.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Another Kawhi article from Ziegler (the reporter from San Diego that covered Kawhi in his college days):
          https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...227-story.html

When reports surfaced last summer that Leonard’s preferred destination was Los Angeles, there were two erroneous assumptions. One was that he grew up idolizing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers; his family liked the Lakers but he was an Allen “The Truth” Iverson devotee. The other was that he wanted to live in L.A.; if that was true, why does he spend offseasons in San Diego?

The weather might not be the factor some think, either, in a city where people go from underground garage to underground garage, which is how Raptors teammate OG Anunoby manages to show up at the arena in shorts and Crocs on snowy days. “You just get used to it,” Leonard says. “You just wear a jacket, you know what I mean? You just know you can’t go outside in a T-shirt.”
          The X-factor in all this, though, might not be the parka but the girl wearing it. The compass tug of the magnetic North vs. the tug of a 2-year-old on his pinky.

“She’s young, she doesn’t have too much say so,” Leonard says of Kaliyah, who turns 3 in July. “But I’m not just living for myself any more. I try to make the right decisions for her and for her future, thinking about when she’s 13 and I’m not playing any more: Did I make the right decision for myself and for her, or did I just make it for myself being selfish? That’s something different, thinking about her and what she needs in the long run.”

Comment

• Nice post/article. I feel like Ziegler is the most plugged into Kawhi.

I also believe Kawhi will stay.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Another Kawhi article from Ziegler (the reporter from San Diego that covered Kawhi in his college days):
              https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...227-story.html
              It appears Masai should be recruiting Kawhis daughter instead.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                It appears Masai should be recruiting Kawhis daughter instead.
                He needs to play more peekaboo. Babies are always amazed at how quickly you're able to reappear after vanishing. Masai needs to up his peekaboo game
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  He needs to play more peekaboo. Babies are always amazed at how quickly you're able to reappear after vanishing. Masai needs to up his peekaboo game
                  After extensive research I've found out that you're right.

220 000 000 views
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    After extensive research I've found out that you're right.

220 000 000 views
                    I've seen enough of this video with my kid lol

Comment

• Comment

• This is a great read everybody.

Green’s credentials include a championship and an All-Defensive nod in 2017. This season, he’s added another: Kawhi whisperer. “I get it from everyone in the organization,” says Green, Leonard’s teammate for seven seasons in San Antonio. “It’s ‘How’s Kawhi, does he like it here?’ Man, I don’t f------ know. You have to ask him if he likes it. I think he likes it. But you have to ask him."
                        https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/08/ka...ry-masai-ujiri

Comment

• Guys, how's Kawhi's defense this year? I know its really good via eye test but I don't see him in the DPOY conversation this season.

so I'm just wondering, is he playing as good as previous year on the defensive end of the floor?
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Guys, how's Kawhi's defense this year? I know its really good via eye test but I don't see him in the DPOY conversation this season.

so I'm just wondering, is he playing as good as previous year on the defensive end of the floor?
                            I've seen flashes of brilliant man defense. He deflects or steals way more than DeRozan. He can guard bigs. Hes intelligent.

I do get the feeling he has another defensive gear that hasnt shown itself..yet
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Guys, how's Kawhi's defense this year? I know its really good via eye test but I don't see him in the DPOY conversation this season.

Noone really tries him is the problem.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He’s one of the only players I’ve ever seen that can truly change a game on both ends of the floor with his defence. His ability to get timely steals is truly incredible. Guys simply can’t play around with the ball when being guarded by Kawhi, especially when he is really engaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X