Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Does Nurse know this 2 week plan? Cuz it sure sounded like he was playing him today, until today.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      Does Nurse know this 2 week plan? Cuz it sure sounded like he was playing him today, until today.
      That's the odd thing about all this. Nurse seems to be the last person in on whether or not Kawhi is going to play or not. He usually assumes he will but then you find out he isn't. It could also be a tactic he's using to throw the other team off their game planning?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        That's the odd thing about all this. Nurse seems to be the last person in on whether or not Kawhi is going to play or not. He usually assumes he will but then you find out he isn't. It could also be a tactic he's using to throw the other team off their game planning?
        I want that to be it,(or that he's being saved for Pacers) but how is Sacramento that much of a threat/the beat in the percussion that gives away the pattern?

Comment

• so kawhi is out tomorrow too.

"load management" seems like the new "upper body injury" of the NBA.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            so kawhi is out tomorrow too.

"load management" seems like the new "upper body injury" of the NBA.
            can't play hardball with Kawhi.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The last two pages of this thread (along with other fruitless discussions over this on other sites), would not exist if the team came out clean and said like it is: "thigh contusion (or whatever it may be), nothing serious, but he is day-to-day as a precaution to not exacerbate it". Done.

When you leave it too opened ended, it leaves room for all sorts of unfounded speculation and crystal-balling by fans and media that don't help anyone.

The man is a bit banged up after that OT game. That's it. They're giving him some extended time off for things to heal/recuperate properly rather than get worse. Teammates not only understand it but support it , as all of them either have been, currently are, or will be in the same situation at some point.

None of it has any bearing whatsoever on next season. The man is here, wants to play, wants to win, but also would like to take care of his health so he can be effective in the future. That's actually true for every player in the league, and that's good for him and for the team. There's nothing to see here.

Comment

• raps medical staff or kawhi himself is saying he needs the time off ...the guy isn't tired, but got some bruises

to be honest ...he's not staying (family is the most important thing to him especially) and I don't mind ...the guy extremely I jury prone ...I would not be surprised if he's injured during the post season ...teams will be going after him ... deliberately

don't get me wrong ..if he's healthy ...the guy is amazing ..but he's one of those players who won't be in the record books due to injuries... unfortunately

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
                  raps medical staff or kawhi himself is saying he needs the time off ...the guy isn't tired, but got some bruises

to be honest ...he's not staying (family is the most important thing to him especially) and I don't mind ...the guy extremely I jury prone ...I would not be surprised if he's injured during the post season ...teams will be going after him ... deliberately

don't get me wrong ..if he's healthy ...the guy is amazing ..but he's one of those players who won't be in the record books due to injuries... unfortunately
                  So much conjecture for a first post lol

Comment

• First game back for Kawhi against Harden is not my first choice but it is what it is. At least he'll be well rested.

Comment

• I don't understand the desire to assume he is hurt. He missed time earlier in the year and they called it an injury then. Why would they not do so now? He's clearly healthy enough to play, and they are holding him out to get him rest at the behest of the medical staff. I mean, we could assume that they are suddenly shy about injuries when earlier in the year they didn't seem to be, but what's the logic there?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand the desire to assume he is hurt. He missed time earlier in the year and they called it an injury then. Why would they not do so now? He's clearly healthy enough to play, and they are holding him out to get him rest at the behest of the medical staff. I mean, we could assume that they are suddenly shy about injuries when earlier in the year they didn't seem to be, but what's the logic there?
                        The issue is that if it's truly a pre-scheduled "load management" program and he's not injured, then why do we get reports saying that he's playing a particular game, only to have it changed at the last minute. Nurse coming out and saying he'd be playing back-to-backs in New Year set the expectation that he's fully healthy. And now he's missing 4 games in a row - that's a complete 180 from what was expected. It does make you want to question if the team is telling us the whole story. That's where the desire to assume he's hurt is coming from.

Personally, I could give a rats-ass about how much Kawhi plays in the regular season - other than we need him to develop chemistry with Lowry and rest of the team for the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          The issue is that if it's truly a pre-scheduled "load management" program and he's not injured, then why do we get reports saying that he's playing a particular game, only to have it changed at the last minute. Nurse coming out and saying he'd be playing back-to-backs in New Year set the expectation that he's fully healthy. And now he's missing 4 games in a row - that's a complete 180 from what was expected. It does make you want to question if the team is telling us the whole story. That's where the desire to assume he's hurt is coming from.

Personally, I could give a rats-ass about how much Kawhi plays in the regular season - other than we need him to develop chemistry with Lowry and rest of the team for the playoffs.
                          I thought the quote from Webster pretty clearly answered all of that: the medical team comes up with the plan and communicates it to Kawhi (and presumably others) on a roughly bi-weekly basis, so Nurse expecting the plan to ease off with time could easily have been the same as the expectation throughout the organization, but the medical team deciding that the tracking data suggested a week off would be a good idea would have changed that.

Perhaps the issue is they are too open. They could have just said nothing early in the season. But then I expect people would be whining just the same.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I thought the quote from Webster pretty clearly answered all of that: the medical team comes up with the plan and communicates it to Kawhi (and presumably others) on a roughly bi-weekly basis, so Nurse expecting the plan to ease off with time could easily have been the same as the expectation throughout the organization, but the medical team deciding that the tracking data suggested a week off would be a good idea would have changed that.

Perhaps the issue is they are too open. They could have just said nothing early in the season. But then I expect people would be whining just the same.
                            Re-reading Webster's quotes again, he basically talks out of both sides of his mouth. But moreso if you read the last line, he goes out of his way to make it sound like the games that Kawhi misses are carefully planned out in advance, not the game-by-game thing we've been seeing.

Again, it doesn't bother me, but you could see how the average fan could get pretty confused. Webster just adds to that confusion.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 23, 2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Re-reading Webster's quotes again, he basically says talks out of both sides of his mouth. But moreso if you read the last line, he goes out of his way to make it sound like the games that Kawhi misses are carefully planned out in advance, not the game-by-game thing we've been seeing.

Again, it doesn't bother me, but you could see how the average fan could get pretty confused. Webster just adds to that confusion.
                              He says it's planned out a couple weeks in advance based on the stuff the medical team is tracking. So Nurse saying Kawhi could play in back to backs (and always hedging on that with an anything can happen comment or two) in the new year more than two weeks ago is not contradictory to that idea at all. Where have we seen the game by game thing? You mean they tell us game by game. And I'm not seeing what is wrong with that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kawhi isn't much of a talker, but one person I hope he talks to at the end of the season is Jared Dudley.

Why? Because the Clippers are assumed to be Kawhi's preferred destination. Dudley was a Clipper. He had a terrible season there and the Clips sent a 1st rounder along with Dudley to the Bucks in a trade similar to Masai sending out Carroll to the Nets.( As an aside, that is the pick we ended up getting and using to draft OG).

Dudley rejuvenated his career with the Bucks and shared this interesting story of his time with the Clips and Doc Rivers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...geles-clippers
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X