Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    If the gas light is on and the gas station is there and you don't fill up you're gonna be in the dog house for year with your girl unless you can roll into the next destination in neutral. Risky.
    Really risky is not quite making the station, and asking your girl to push!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      But you said "Masai doesn't let assets get away without value coming back. Its not how he's operated to date anyway." If you had said "Masai doesn't let Top-5 Players get away without value ..." then sure, but but as I mentioned in that post, if that is the case, then you can't really say "it's not how he's operated to date" because this is new territory for everyone.
      I'm talking significant players. I've referenced Melo many times as an example. Don't nitpick this, you're not trying to win an election against me.Dont be Crooked Joey.

Comment

If the gas light is on and the gas station is there and you don't fill up you're gonna be in the dog house for year with your girl unless you can roll into the next destination in neutral. Risky.
        I think we've went from talking Raptors to apollos life experience lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm talking significant players. I've referenced Melo many times as an example. To nitpick this, you're not trying to win an election against me.Dont be Crooked Joey.
          But Melo is the only example. That's sort of the point.

Comment

• Maybe the Lakers aren't really a threat after all?

Speaking on Fox Sports’ First Things First earlier in June 2018, Chris Broussard said that Leonard should avoid playing in Los Angeles and with LeBron James. Broussard said, “I get wanting to be in LA, wanting to be at home, you’re from here. But man, I think Boston and Philly are both better options. I know his uncle who is advising him, Dennis Robertson, is close with Kyrie’s dad. I have no idea how Kawhi feels about playing with LeBron but I know that his uncle has head whatever horror stories Kyrie had that led him to want out of Cleveland, Dennis Robertson has heard.” Broussard continued, “I don’t know how that affects Kawhi or even Dennis, whether he would want him to play with LeBron, but I know he has heard stories.
            https://heavy.com/sports/2018/07/kaw...nis-robertson/

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I think we've went from talking Raptors to apollos life experience lol
              You started in with the metaphors. It was like opening Pandora's Box.

Comment

But Melo is the only example. That's sort of the point.
                Its an important example though. It put him on the map. I do not believe he lets Kawhi walk for nothing. Especially if he can get Ingram and Kuzma for instance. It just doesn't fit. That's my two cents. We should bookmark this and check back in six months.

Comment

• Melo is a good example.. but circumstances were different too. Masai didn't bring in Melo he inherited him. And Melo wanted out badly.. so he gave him his wish driving up his market by having Brooklyn and NY compete for him.

Kawhi was brought in by Masai.. so the optics are different. He wanted him to see what he can do for us. And by the deadline he might keep him to save face for giving away our poster boy.

He has an out if he really wants to take it.. but he'll have to face the wrath of fans and the media if we sell off an asset like that knowing we are more than likely to struggle in the playoffs without him.

If Kawhi pulls a Vince and fakes an injury and/or dogs games.. than that's probably the only way we see him on the block by the deadline. Masai is no Babcock though. Our front office is pretty fricken great. I think Kawhi will really like it here. Masai is a charmer unlike Pops.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Masai is a charmer unlike Pops.
                    I think THIS is so friggin key .. Kawhi has only ever known life with Pop in the NBA ... that's gotta be a tough life, no matter how much you win. Lol

Comment

I think THIS is so friggin key .. Kawhi has only ever known life with Pop in the NBA ... that's gotta be a tough life, no matter how much you win. Lol
                      Antonio Daniels was saying how it takes a certain personality to live under Pop's rule. It's not meant for everyone.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Antonio Daniels was saying how it takes a certain personality to live under Pop's rule. It's not meant for everyone.
                        San Antonio:

Toronto:

Comment

What would Casey have done?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

What would Casey have done?
                            Yelled at JV.

Comment

Yelled at JV.
                              Hahaha Well played.

Comment

Yelled at JV.