Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Is Kawhi going to be at next week's USA training camp? and would Lowry and DeRozan be there?
    he is and so will Lowry and DeRozan

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Also, you know, Tim Duncan. Arguably the best big in the history of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Doesnt hurt hahaha

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So whats the over / under on words used in a conversation between Kawahi and OG... ? 5 ?
        I was thinnking those two would get along really well actually

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          The DeMar slander just doesn't need to be a part of it.

Let's just talk about how good Kawhi is without putting the other guy down.
          Shut up, it isn't slander, that was a straight up, 100% statistical comparison, and it was telling.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Clippers fans are certain he's going there.
            Steve Ballmer is reportedly going to do a reprise of his skit while he was head of Microsoft ...by riding in on a Harley wearing a gorilla suit .... That should impress the hell out of Leonard and his Uncle who looks to be a buttoned down kind of guy.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              I was thinnking those two would get along really well actually
              It wasn’t meant to be derogatory..it’s that these two rarely use more than a word or two if that’s all that’s needed. I think that Leonard blends in well. With the younger group of guys that make up the bulk of the Raps roster.
              - TGO

Comment

• Comment

• Kawhi in his prime years is the best players we’ve ever had. We need to do everything to retain this guy.

It will be up to Masai to figure out what is really driving this guy. It can’t be purely endorsements - is it the money, the adoration, the fame? He has championships, personal awards and such, so it seems that it’s largely ego based at this point. And that is something the Raptors can absolutely give him.

National fan base. International connections. MVP chants from game 1. We need this.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    You almost have to because people are acting like we traded Tom Brady or Wayne Gretzky for some flake

I never thought the day the Raptors finally acquired a superstar (and I knew masai would) it would be jeered and spat on and rejected. It's horrible irony.
                    It’s truly a great day in Raptorland with the arrival of Leonard. Petabytes of data have been stored on this site hoping for, praying for, demanding the Raps tank for or sign in FA or trade for the superstar of Leonard’s standing.

To think that all it would take to get this hardest of commodities to come by would be some harebrained 4 team tenforthewin trade where we give up shit and wind up with Leonard a 1st round lottery pick and a serious prospect on a rookie deal is ...laughable.

It’s like dad said..you get what you pay for...and to get a player of Leonard’s ability it didn’t come cheap. Trade says as much about Demar as it does about Kawhi.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Kyle was one foot out the door when he was traded here, and stayed and ended up loving this City. If we can make Kyle Lowry happy, I'm sure we can make Kawhi Leonard happy.

The problem with the Kawhi saga though is the team he left. It's not like he left Charlotte or Sacramento. He left the San Antonio Spurs. The NBA model franchise for the last couple of decades. He's won championships. He was their best and most impactfull player.

So if he can leave the best run organization in the NBA.. how do you keep him? It's going to be tough to figure this guy out. Of course I'm hoping he stays and falls in love with our city and our people and our team. But I've always been pessimistic about our chances to keep him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Kyle was one foot out the door when he was traded here, and stayed and ended up loving this City. If we can make Kyle Lowry happy, I'm sure we can make Kawhi Leonard happy.

The problem with the Kawhi saga though is the team he left. It's not like he left Charlotte or Sacramento. He left the San Antonio Spurs. The NBA model franchise for the last couple of decades. He's won championships. He was their best and most impactfull player.

So if he can leave the best run organization in the NBA.. how do you keep him? It's going to be tough to figure this guy out. Of course I'm hoping he stays and falls in love with our city and our people and our team. But I've always been pessimistic about our chances to keep him.
                        And what kept Kyle in Toronto was winning. But this team has to win way bigger because Kawhi already has a chip, so even that isn't going to overly impress him. Raps have to get to the Finals and at least make it interesting. A TON of pressure on Nick Nurse to be as innovative as he says he is. Nurse is my biggest concern, tbh.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          And what kept Kyle in Toronto was winning. But this team has to win way bigger because Kawhi already has a chip, so even that isn't going to overly impress him. Raps have to get to the Finals and at least make it interesting. A TON of pressure on Nick Nurse to be as innovative as he says he is. Nurse is my biggest concern, tbh.
                          Yeah very worried about Nurse. People are acting like they know he's a great coach but we haven't actually seen him at the NBA level yet. Head coaching in the NBA is somewhat of a crapshoot and it's really hard to tell if a guy is going to be good or not (or even how to determine whether it's the coach that's good or just the roster). I was listening to Morey talk about this, and he basically said that there's almost zero analytical basis/model to use for determining coaching ability at the NBA level.

Comment

• This roster should win 50 games even if nurse is the worst coach in nba history

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Yeah very worried about Nurse. People are acting like they know he's a great coach but we haven't actually seen him at the NBA level yet. Head coaching in the NBA is somewhat of a crapshoot and it's really hard to tell if a guy is going to be good or not (or even how to determine whether it's the coach that's good or just the roster). I was listening to Morey talk about this, and he basically said that there's almost zero analytical basis/model to use for determining coaching ability at the NBA level.
                              People are going to be going for his head during RS because he already said he will experiment which will cost us games.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The thing is, would anyone be more confident with Casey? The coach who would tend to cost us games in the playoffs?

We're too talented not to be a high seed in the East. Then we'll see if Nurse can be better in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X