Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Maybe I'm just old school grew up a hockey fan first I'm still conditioned for the athlete to play unless his injury is bad enough hes hurting himself or the team. It's a new day and I both understand and support the athlete putting themselves first and/or having a maintenance plan for playoff performance.

But heres my sticking point. I'll bet you anything Kawhi will play in the all star game. Hes now sat 12 raptor games (his employer) as basically precaution. And yes great we're 10-2 good job to the rest of the guys and thank goodness we're not 6-6 and out of the race for first.

To me at the point you'll finish by sitting out at least 15 games for maintenance, the only logical thing would be take the 9 day all star break as rest and practice. We shall see.
    Yeah, but do you think the Raptors WANT him to play in the all-star game? I do. I suspect they'd rather have him take off meaningless regular season games than the all-star game (which, yes, is also meaningless). They want the visibility at the event, and most importantly, to be as accommodating of Kawhi's desires as possible (and in as public a manner as possible).

I'm also pretty sure the Raptors will be happy finishing first, but if they had the choice of following this load management plan and finishing 2nd (or, like, 5th) for sure versus playing Kawhi every game and finishing first for sure, they'd take the former every day and twice on Sundays.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, but do you think the Raptors WANT him to play in the all-star game? I do. I suspect they'd rather have him take off meaningless regular season games than the all-star game (which, yes, is also meaningless). They want the visibility at the event, and most importantly, to be as accommodating of Kawhi's desires as possible (and in as public a manner as possible).

I'm also pretty sure the Raptors will be happy finishing first, but if they had the choice of following this load management plan and finishing 2nd (or, like, 5th) for sure versus playing Kawhi every game and finishing first for sure, they'd take the former every day and twice on Sundays.
      Sure I think the Raptors prefer having a raptor at the all star game. If we get right down to it, I'm sure theyd have preferred he was playing back to backs by now. I think his camp holds more than 50% the votes on the matter.

Also, regular season games are meaningless? That's depressing for the blue collar fan who spent 400 bucks to bring his kids. I thought all 82 counted the same and the higher the seed the better off you'll be..

Your 2nd paragraph, absolutely agree
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Sure I think the Raptors prefer having a raptor at the all star game. If we get right down to it, I'm sure theyd have preferred he was playing back to backs by now. I think his camp holds more than 50% the votes on the matter.

Also, regular season games are meaningless? That's depressing for the blue collar fan who spent 400 bucks to bring his kids. I thought all 82 counted the same and the higher the seed the better off you'll be..

QUINLAN??? Is that you????

For Chrissakes we're going to let the children dance, ok?? What more do you want from us?

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Jan 21, 2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I think it's worth noting that Kawhi has only missed 3 home games, and 9 road games. I think the Raps are trying to take their fans into consideration as much as possible, while also prioritizing post-season success and the chance to re-sign Kawhi long term over, not meaningless, but relatively (compared to those two things) meaningless regular season games.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I think it's worth noting that Kawhi has only missed 3 home games, and 9 road games. I think the Raps are trying to take their fans into consideration as much as possible, while also prioritizing post-season success and the chance to re-sign Kawhi long term over, not meaningless, but relatively (compared to those two things) meaningless regular season games.
            You should work p.r. for Raptors. Kawhi has uncle Dennis, masai has uncle Dan
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You should work p.r. for Raptors. Kawhi has uncle Dennis, masai has uncle Dan
              I do think 82 games is too long to expect players to maintain peak performance. Ive definitely paid money to watch teams phone it in early with a full roster, at least this way Leonard can in theory stay at a high level and you know the games to skip.

Comment

• Kawhi confirmed playing tomorrow

Comment

• As long as Kawhi plays honest with the team and gives it 100% in the games he plays and treats the playoffs like they are serious, I'm good with that. Raps are paying his freight, so if he honestly hauls it, we are even.

Comment

• Just say Kawhi signs with the Raptors. Does the preferential treatment continue? Do they rest all their starters on one of the back to backs?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Just say Kawhi signs with the Raptors. Does the preferential treatment continue? Do they rest all their starters on one of the back to backs?
                      If Kawhi resigns with the Raptors I will trust the Raptor's brainiacs to figure it out.

Comment

Just say Kawhi signs with the Raptors. Does the preferential treatment continue? Do they rest all their starters on one of the back to backs?
                        Why is that even a worhy issue to discuss?!

Comment

Not all the starters, just the ones that will give 110% of every single defensive possession, while also being the go-to players on clutch offence, while also continuously averaging 20+ per night (by being a significant scoring threat in the paint, midrange, and 3), while also rebounding the ball extremely well, while also almost averaging more steals then fouls on the season, while also potentially having to carry the team on their backs in the playoffs deep into early summer. Just those will get to rest.
                          Last edited by inthepaint; Tue Jan 22, 2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            Not all the starters, just the ones that will give 110% of every single defensive possession, while also being the go-to players on clutch offence, while also continuously averaging 20+ per night (by being a significant scoring threat in the paint, midrange, and 3), while also rebounding the ball extremely well, while also almost averaging more steals then fouls on the season, while also potentially having to carry the team on their backs in the playoffs deep into early summer. Just those will get to rest.
                            Okay, but only those guys.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              If Kawhi resigns with the Raptors I will trust the Raptor's brainiacs to figure it out.
                              Me too. But to answer the question, Nurse has already said that Kawhi's sitting on the back to backs could (was) ending. I think they planned to play him until the medical staff stepped in and said let's sit this one more. That says they don';t plan on changing how things have alwasy gone; manage minutes in game, sit as necessary, not on a pre-planned schedule. IMO

Comment

• It will be curious to see how they manage his load when he re-signs. I suspect he will still get some days off, they've given numerous players time off for nagging injuries. Some guys like Lowry are hard to keep out of the lineup. Popovich always rested his starters and I think Kawhi saw the benefit. He seems like a guy that wants to be near 100% when he's playing, unless its the big stage.

The players are outwardly supporting Kawhi, and I haven't heard otherwise, so I have no issues with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X