Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    He says it's planned out a couple weeks in advance based on the stuff the medical team is tracking. So Nurse saying Kawhi could play in back to backs (and always hedging on that with an anything can happen comment or two) in the new year more than two weeks ago is not contradictory to that idea at all. Where have we seen the game by game thing? You mean they tell us game by game. And I'm not seeing what is wrong with that.
    If there's some sort of grand plan that the Raps are following, it's gone out the window with Kawhi. Just check out RotoWorld for the injury updates - professional reporters whose livelihoods depend on knowing what's going on with NBA rosters are confused as hell. You might be the only person who actually understands what the Raps are doing.

Or, maybe.... the Raps don't want to come out and say that Kawhi told them he doesn't feel right for this or that game, even though the medical staff might think there's nothing wrong with him: because that's exactly what happened in San Antonio. .

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1833/kawhi-leonard

Kawhi Leonard (rest) is listed as out for Tuesday's game vs. the Kings.

Tuesday will be the third straight game the Raps have sat down Kawhi due to "load management." Jason Anderson of the Sacramento Bee reported earlier in the day that Leonard would not play Tuesday because it was "the first leg of a back-to-back with a big game against the Pacers tomorrow." It's certainly uncommon for a player to be rested for three straight games, but the Raps clearly want to do whatever it takes to keep Kawhi happy, in hopes he will re-sign with Toronto this summer. Norman Powell and C.J. Miles will again see extra minutes off the bench.
    Related: Norman Powell, C.J. Miles
    Source: NBA Injury Report Jan 22 - 1:33 PM
    Jason Anderson of the Sacramento Bee tweeted that he is "hearing [Kawhi Leonard] might be held out" of Tuesday night's game vs. Kings.

Kawhi has missed each of the Raptors past two games and did not attend practice on Monday as he had a scheduled maintenance checkup. However, coach Nick Nurse did say that he expected Leonard to be back with the team on Tuesday. In his tweet on Tuesday afternoon, Jason Anderson added that Kawhi "was expected to return tonight but it's the first leg of a back-to-back with a big game against the Pacers tomorrow." We will provide another update as soon as one is available.
    Source: Jason Anderson on Twitter Jan 22 - 12:17 PM
    Kawhi Leonard did not attend practice on Monday.

He had a "scheduled maintenance checkup," but coach Nick Nurse said he expects him back with the team on Tuesday. We'll assume he's ready to roll for the game against the Kings after two straight games resting, but you can never be too sure when you're talking about Kawhi.
    Source: Josh Lewenberg on Twitter Jan 21 - 12:39 PM
    Kawhi Leonard (rest) will not play Saturday vs. the Grizzlies.

This is surprising because Kawhi sat out Thursday's game against the Suns (which was the second night of a back-to-back) and, after Saturday, the Raptors don't play again until Tuesday.
    However, Toronto is clearly serious about getting Leonard as much rest as possible, and this two-game absence will give him five full days off. OG Anunoby (personal) remains sidelined, so Norman Powell and C.J. Miles will likely soak up extra minutes off the bench once again on Saturday.
    Related: Norman Powell
    Source: NBA Injury Report Jan 19 - 1:35 PM
    Kawhi Leonard (rest) has been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Suns.

He's yet to play in a back-to-back set this season, and there's not much incentive for him to push it against the lowly Suns, particularly after logging a total of 81 minutes in his previous two outings. OG Anunoby (personal) and C.J. Miles (hip) aren't expected to play either, so Norman Powell could be looking at major minutes as a starter, which puts him on the DFS radar.
    Related: Norman Powell, C.J. Miles, OG Anunoby
    Source: Mike Ganter on Twitter Jan 17 - 10:35 AM

Leonard said he'd be open to playing both games of this upcoming back-to-back set, but Nick Nurse said a decision won't be made until after Wednesday's game. The Raptors have toyed with the idea of clearing Leonard for back-to-backs multiple times this season, but to this point, it just hasn't happened; and it's not like they'll need him for a game against the 11-34 Suns. He's safe to activate for today's game, though.
    Source: Michael Grange on Twitter Jan 16 - 11:05 AM
    Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 23, 2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, all of that tells me that the media isn't being made privy to the Raptors' decision making. Which is... just so surprising.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        So much conjecture for a first post lol
        what's the conjecture? it's load management determined by the medical staff according to nurse.

family isn't important to him ? he listens to his uncle ..and appears to treat him like a father figure as his father past away

face it ...he's not staying ..I assume you have $100 in your account and I'm willing to bet the the won't stay

Comment

Yeah, all of that tells me that the media isn't being made privy to the Raptors' decision making. Which is... just so surprising.
          Apparently Nurse is also being kept in the dark. Not surprising either.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            You sure? Casey used to screw with the media guys all the time re: who was available and who not.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
              what's the conjecture? it's load management determined by the medical staff according to nurse.

family isn't important to him ? he listens to his uncle ..and appears to treat him like a father figure as his father past away

face it ...he's not staying ..I assume you have $100 in your account and I'm willing to bet the the won't stay
              He also says hes a fun loving guy who likes jokes and stuff, I think he will retire and become a comedian after the season. Probably why he sits out games too.

Comment

Get outta here Lawrence frank. kawhi doesn't know who you are
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  It's starting to sound more and more like what Pop was dealing with. So give it until after the All-Star break for Nurse to start advising media they will have to speak with Kawhi's camp to get the information they are looking for.

Comment

He says it's planned out a couple weeks in advance based on the stuff the medical team is tracking. So Nurse saying Kawhi could play in back to backs (and always hedging on that with an anything can happen comment or two) in the new year more than two weeks ago is not contradictory to that idea at all. Where have we seen the game by game thing? You mean they tell us game by game. And I'm not seeing what is wrong with that.
                    Wasn't it a year or two ago that the Raptors were fitting sensors to players and monitoring the actual stress their bodies went through in game time as well as practice time? They were supposed to be using the information to help determine work load, stress on joints etc., and muscle recovery time. It seems to me there was a bit of a push for better monitoring as a result of Lowry's injuries and subsequent poor performance in the playoffs.

I recall some comments about how surprised they were at how much wear and tear practices added to an athletes total load. Or maybe I am just imagining all this. If true it could provide a pretty detailed database to be making Kawhi's playing time decisions. I don't know if anyone on the team is getting beaten up any more than him, unless it's Lowry.

Comment

You sure? Casey used to screw with the media guys all the time re: who was available and who not.
                      Let's hope that's what it is. But if you're right, then there's no rhyme or reason to Kawhi sitting/playing, at least what Bobby Webster and Co are letting on to the public. And that's what kicked off this mini-debate and why the public/media is confused - it's all by design?

Comment

Comment

• The same guys saying "face it, hes for sure not staying" are the same ones saying "face it he wont even show up in Toronto"...or "face it, you'll never get him for demar" or.."this team is on a treadmill and should blow it up"...speaking of, where the fuck is that troll sonny at??

The worst part of message boards is the negative ass bums with pringles on their chest hair and type about what we cant do.

They cant relate to masai ujiri because they can't wrap their heads around the type of people that are doers, achievers, get it done types. Too busy staring at the ground.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Casey was at best embarrassingly elusive.

Nurse has been flat out wrong on multiple occasions. Either he doesn't know or what he says can't be trusted.

Comment

• Guys...nurse, webster, Casey, masai...they all lie to us. All the fucking time

You know why? Because the average person and the average fan is fucking stupid. And we're in the Twitter generation. So we're on a need to know basis.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Guys...nurse, webster, Casey, masai...they all lie to us. All the fucking time

You know why? Because the average person and the average fan is fucking stupid. And we're in the Twitter generation. So we're on a need to know basis.
                                Honesty is important, though. Overweight wives appreciate total honesty. How could a politician get elected with being totally honest? If your competitors product is better than yours, shareholders want you to honestly inform the public of that fact. Even posters here really want to know what fellow posters honestly think of them.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X