Likes Likes:  1,723
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2575

Thread: Everything Kawhi Leonard

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    433
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    68

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Great job Masai you piece of shit. Dude just traded away their best player, the 2nd best player in franchise history....for a guy that might not even play here.

    Great job.

    He'll have to play if he wants to enter the free agency:

    11.3 Withholding Services.

    A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,608
    Likes (Given)
    1656
    Likes (Received)
    389

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    if he plays we have the best player, adn team in the east. also, shooters everywhere.

    Lowry - VanVleet
    Green - Wright
    Leonard - Miles
    Ibaka - Anunoby
    Jonas - Siakam
    huge IF
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran A.I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,141
    Likes (Given)
    1110
    Likes (Received)
    1191

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Great job Masai you piece of shit. Dude just traded away their best player, the 2nd best player in franchise history....for a guy that might not even play here.

    Great job.

    So...you were bashing Masai for not making a risky trade, bashing Derozan and Lowry for not showing up in the Playoffs, bashing Masai for keeping BC’s “core” together and when Masai makes a good move, gets rid a Playoff “choker”, you still complain lol...
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,457
    Likes (Given)
    1776
    Likes (Received)
    2485

    Default

    This is a total win now move and I love it. We have Kawhi fucking Leonard on our team. Wow!

    Masai/Bobby are so ballsy.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    14,961
    Likes (Given)
    949
    Likes (Received)
    3111

    Default

    Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    So...you were bashing Masai for not making a risky trade, bashing Derozan and Lowry for not showing up in the Playoffs, bashing Masai for keeping BC’s “core” together and when Masai makes a good move, gets rid a Playoff “choker”, you still complain lol...
    Stfu

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    14,961
    Likes (Given)
    949
    Likes (Received)
    3111

    Default

    Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    He'll have to play if he wants to enter the free agency:
    Kawhi just sat the entire season last year.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    433
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    68

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is a total win now move and I love it. We have Kawhi fucking Leonard on our team. Wow!

    Masai/Bobby are so ballsy.
    The thing I like about it is that the Raptors are perfectly positioned to tank in case it doesn't workout. We didn't give up OG or Pascal. Valanciunas/Ibaka/Lowry/Kawhi can all be flipped at the trade deadline for young assets/picks.

  8. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
  9. #28
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,987
    Likes (Given)
    2662
    Likes (Received)
    3417

    Default

    So let's say he still is dead set on going to LA next summer. Do you think the Lakers are willing to flip Ingram plus filler to get Leonard in the building and still have space to sign a stud?

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    14,961
    Likes (Given)
    949
    Likes (Received)
    3111

    Default

    This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    433
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    68

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Kawhi just sat the entire season last year.
    So? The only reason why the Spurs didn't act on it is because they thought they can still repair the relationship. With the Raptors, it's going to be a really easy decision. If Kawhi doesn't show up, he doesn't get to enter the free agency. If you want to completely ruin your career, be my fucking guest.

  12. #31
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    14,961
    Likes (Given)
    949
    Likes (Received)
    3111

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So let's say he still is dead set on going to LA next summer. Do you think the Lakers are willing to flip Ingram plus filler to get Leonard in the building and still have space to sign a stud?
    I'm not really worried about him going to LA next offseason. I'm more worried about him not playing for the Raptors next season. The Chris Haynes report is apparently is real.

  13. #32
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,987
    Likes (Given)
    2662
    Likes (Received)
    3417

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Great job Masai you piece of shit. Dude just traded away their best player, the 2nd best player in franchise history....for a guy that might not even play here.

    Great job.

    If everyone you don't agree with is a piece of shit then you are swimming in a sea of shit. You may not want to open your mouth as a safety precaution... lol

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,537
    Likes (Given)
    975
    Likes (Received)
    3414

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.
    If Kawhi sits out another whole season faking an injury, then that's one of the slimiest moves ever done by a professional athlete in recent memory. I believe he still has to report to a team doctor, and then I would imagine it would probably be an independent doctor designated by the NBA.

  15. #34
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,987
    Likes (Given)
    2662
    Likes (Received)
    3417

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm not really worried about him going to LA next offseason. I'm more worried about him not playing for the Raptors next season. The Chris Haynes report is apparently is real.
    Desire and willingness are two entirely different things. Look it up.

  16. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
  17. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,457
    Likes (Given)
    1776
    Likes (Received)
    2485

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.
    Isn't that what makes it a risk though? The downside is exactly what you laid out. But if the reverse happens (he suits up, plays hard, and wants to stay) than isn't the reward worth it?

    If what you say actually happens.. than there will be egg on the Raptors faces for sure.. we'll just have to start our rebuild/tank early. But we kept all our prime prospects and picks.

  18. #36
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    433
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    68

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.
    The only reason why he "could fake an injury" is because the Spurs didn't want to completely ruin the relationship. They were still hopeful about keeping him. But if you actually read the CBA, the team doctors have a lot of power and they have the SENIORITY. If Kawhi wants to "fake an injury", the team doctors (accompanied by independent league experts) will examine him and if they don't find anything, he will have to play out his contract.

  19. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran A.I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,141
    Likes (Given)
    1110
    Likes (Received)
    1191

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.
    He did it on the Spurs because he had a problem with the players urging him to return and believing he was faking his injury. He has no problem with the Raptors.

    As for him having “no desire” to play in Toronto, I take it as he currently doesn’t want to stay long term, which can change, and his Uncle is the one pushing all of this, similar to how Lavar is with his kids. Remember Lavar before the draft said Lonzo will play for LA, lucky for him that Lonzo is. As others said, if he doesn’t play next season, he is gonna screw his career.
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    14,961
    Likes (Given)
    949
    Likes (Received)
    3111

    Default

    Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    He did it on the Spurs because he had a problem with the players urging him to return and believing he was faking his injury. He has no problem with the Raptors.

    As for him having “no desire” to play in Toronto, I take it as he currently doesn’t want to stay long term, which can change, and his Uncle is the one pushing all of this, similar to how Lavar is with his kids. Remember Lavar before the draft said Lonzo will play for LA, lucky for him that Lonzo is. As others said, if he doesn’t play next season, he is gonna screw his career.
    I hope you're right man.

  21. #39
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,987
    Likes (Given)
    2662
    Likes (Received)
    3417

    Default

    This is the ultimate up yours to Kawhi.

    1. He lost out on $30M and he didn't get moved to where he wanted.
    2. They moved him as far away from LA as geographically possible.

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    14,654
    Likes (Given)
    5012
    Likes (Received)
    8977

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Too bad. I was thinking we could flip Kawhi to the Lakers for Lebron. lol. I'm not putting anything past Masai anymore.
    LeBron can't be traded until December. So the two months will be up by then. Dream away!

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •