Likes Likes:  1,723
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Kawhi Leonard

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Great job Masai you piece of shit. Dude just traded away their best player, the 2nd best player in franchise history....for a guy that might not even play here.

Great job.

He'll have to play if he wants to enter the free agency:

11.3 Withholding Services.

A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    if he plays we have the best player, adn team in the east. also, shooters everywhere.

Lowry - VanVleet
    Green - Wright
    Leonard - Miles
    Ibaka - Anunoby
    Jonas - Siakam
    huge IF
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great job Masai you piece of shit. Dude just traded away their best player, the 2nd best player in franchise history....for a guy that might not even play here.

Great job.

So...you were bashing Masai for not making a risky trade, bashing Derozan and Lowry for not showing up in the Playoffs, bashing Masai for keeping BC’s “core” together and when Masai makes a good move, gets rid a Playoff “choker”, you still complain lol...
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a total win now move and I love it. We have Kawhi fucking Leonard on our team. Wow!

Masai/Bobby are so ballsy.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    So...you were bashing Masai for not making a risky trade, bashing Derozan and Lowry for not showing up in the Playoffs, bashing Masai for keeping BC’s “core” together and when Masai makes a good move, gets rid a Playoff “choker”, you still complain lol...
    Stfu

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    He'll have to play if he wants to enter the free agency:
    Kawhi just sat the entire season last year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is a total win now move and I love it. We have Kawhi fucking Leonard on our team. Wow!

Masai/Bobby are so ballsy.
    The thing I like about it is that the Raptors are perfectly positioned to tank in case it doesn't workout. We didn't give up OG or Pascal. Valanciunas/Ibaka/Lowry/Kawhi can all be flipped at the trade deadline for young assets/picks.

8. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So let's say he still is dead set on going to LA next summer. Do you think the Lakers are willing to flip Ingram plus filler to get Leonard in the building and still have space to sign a stud?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kawhi just sat the entire season last year.
    So? The only reason why the Spurs didn't act on it is because they thought they can still repair the relationship. With the Raptors, it's going to be a really easy decision. If Kawhi doesn't show up, he doesn't get to enter the free agency. If you want to completely ruin your career, be my fucking guest.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So let's say he still is dead set on going to LA next summer. Do you think the Lakers are willing to flip Ingram plus filler to get Leonard in the building and still have space to sign a stud?
    I'm not really worried about him going to LA next offseason. I'm more worried about him not playing for the Raptors next season. The Chris Haynes report is apparently is real.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great job.

If everyone you don't agree with is a piece of shit then you are swimming in a sea of shit. You may not want to open your mouth as a safety precaution... lol

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is not a "risky" move, this is a stupid move. What if Kawhi fake another injury and sits the entire season? he did it last year. It's already being reported that he has no desire to play in Toronto.
    If Kawhi sits out another whole season faking an injury, then that's one of the slimiest moves ever done by a professional athlete in recent memory. I believe he still has to report to a team doctor, and then I would imagine it would probably be an independent doctor designated by the NBA.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not really worried about him going to LA next offseason. I'm more worried about him not playing for the Raptors next season. The Chris Haynes report is apparently is real.
    Desire and willingness are two entirely different things. Look it up.

16. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Isn't that what makes it a risk though? The downside is exactly what you laid out. But if the reverse happens (he suits up, plays hard, and wants to stay) than isn't the reward worth it?

If what you say actually happens.. than there will be egg on the Raptors faces for sure.. we'll just have to start our rebuild/tank early. But we kept all our prime prospects and picks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only reason why he "could fake an injury" is because the Spurs didn't want to completely ruin the relationship. They were still hopeful about keeping him. But if you actually read the CBA, the team doctors have a lot of power and they have the SENIORITY. If Kawhi wants to "fake an injury", the team doctors (accompanied by independent league experts) will examine him and if they don't find anything, he will have to play out his contract.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He did it on the Spurs because he had a problem with the players urging him to return and believing he was faking his injury. He has no problem with the Raptors.

As for him having “no desire” to play in Toronto, I take it as he currently doesn’t want to stay long term, which can change, and his Uncle is the one pushing all of this, similar to how Lavar is with his kids. Remember Lavar before the draft said Lonzo will play for LA, lucky for him that Lonzo is. As others said, if he doesn’t play next season, he is gonna screw his career.
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    He did it on the Spurs because he had a problem with the players urging him to return and believing he was faking his injury. He has no problem with the Raptors.

As for him having “no desire” to play in Toronto, I take it as he currently doesn’t want to stay long term, which can change, and his Uncle is the one pushing all of this, similar to how Lavar is with his kids. Remember Lavar before the draft said Lonzo will play for LA, lucky for him that Lonzo is. As others said, if he doesn’t play next season, he is gonna screw his career.
    I hope you're right man.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is the ultimate up yours to Kawhi.

1. He lost out on $30M and he didn't get moved to where he wanted.
    2. They moved him as far away from LA as geographically possible.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Too bad. I was thinking we could flip Kawhi to the Lakers for Lebron. lol. I'm not putting anything past Masai anymore.
    LeBron can't be traded until December. So the two months will be up by then. Dream away!

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information