Likes Likes:  114
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Everything Danny Green

Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Danny's +/- strongly correlates to Raptors Win & Losses. He's an X factor on this team. Aside from the phoenix game, every game he was a "+" we won, and every game he was a "-" we lost.

There are 2 notable exceptions to this: the last two games that were tied within 2 seconds left:

--He was +11 vs Detroit when he had to leave because of back spasm
    --He was +18 vs Boston when he fouled out

Holding this statistical trend (true for all games this year so far ) on these last two games, tells us we would have most likely won them as well if Danny was on the court down the stretch.

The veteran, steady presence of Green in 4th quarters will win us many games this year.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Nov 17th, 2018 at 01:00 PM.

2. Likes GOLDBLUM, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep. This guy is pretty darn important in pressure situations. He calms down Lowry and he has chemistry with Kawhi. And he makes his open shots.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought Danny Green was going to be washed up this year, but he's surpassed my expectations significantly. Really good all-around defense and incredible spot-up shooting. He's even pulled a few new tricks out of his bag once in a while, including dropping floaters and posting up pesky midgets like Quinn Cook to get them benched. We really could have used him against Detroit and Boston that week...

5. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He runs like he's got sore knees, though.....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He runs like he's got sore knees, though.....
    yeah I notice that too, he runs like if he has one of those ankle weights attached to him lol

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Danny had Nick Nurse on his Podcast, which I think is pretty cool. Still listening to it, but some cool insight to how Nick thinks.

https://www.acast.com/inside-the-gre...th-danny-green

Nick comes in about 12 minutes in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Danny Green with the "You had me at hello." This guy is the best:

https://www-sportsnet-ca.cdn.ampproj...-keep-kawhi%2F

10. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Danny Green with the "You had me at hello." This guy is the best:

https://www-sportsnet-ca.cdn.ampproj...-keep-kawhi%2F
    I think it's a safe bet that the feeling is more than mutual.

“It’d be great to have both of us back because I think we have something special here in Toronto with the core group, and if we can keep everybody together and continue to grow, I think we can change the organization around to being something different.”
    This might be the first time that anyone associated with the team has openly said, "I hope he stays"

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Danny has been like when you were a kid and wanted the cereal with the prize in the bad. Then you open the top, dump everything out into a big mixing bowl and you get some line workers diamond ring....Sure somebody lost something valuable, but it's yours now. Nobody is getting that sucker back.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really, really like Green both as a player and personality. On reflection....realizing of course my fan's bias; the Raptors really are quite a likeable bunch. There really doesn't seem to be anyone truly obnoxious, over egotistical or just stupid like any number of Wizards. I've never looked at any rival team's boards so I'm not sure who they would hate on our team. Lowry maybe? He can come across as a dick but you can also tell that he's highly intelligent, cares a lot and tries to make his teammates better. But really who else could you dislike? Siakam could become one of the most popular players in the league with his smile, his energy and his game. JV is hilarious, FVV is the classic underdog story, Delon seems almost too nice......Serge could punch you out if you make him angry but he cooks unusual things. And Moose....you just know he's a guy with a big heart. Now Kawhi....a black box. But somehow I think he fits the group and that he'll find it impossible to leave.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    I really, really like Green both as a player and personality. On reflection....realizing of course my fan's bias; the Raptors really are quite a likeable bunch....Now Kawhi....a black box. But somehow I think he fits the group and that he'll find it impossible to leave.
    You're not wrong. It is getting easier and easier to envision him staying. Who knows what is going on in his head. But if he doesn't hate Toronto, and likes his teammates, and they get to the finals by playing high level basketball, and he gets the recognition he believes he is due, he will have 40 million more reasons to sign with Toronto than anywhere else.

That's a lot of "ifs" but things seem to be trending in that direction.

Pray for no injuries to major team players.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What type of offers do you think DG will be receiving? Years and salary?

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    What type of offers do you think DG will be receiving? Years and salary?
    He likes it here.. so he may not even look around.

But, Ariza got a 1 year, $15M deal from Phoenix. There will be a lot of cap space floating around this summer so some team that swung out and missed on a KD, Kawhi or Irving, etc.. might make a deal just to make a deal.

Masai should try to get him on a 2 year deal if possible.

Kawhi's free agency will take longer I suspect so I don't think Masai should wait on him.

My hope would be a 2 year $20M deal with the second year a player option. But I could see him getting 3/30 or 2/24 or a 1/15 somewhere.

I don't see him getting a 4 year deal. But he's having a fantastic season so who knows. He could be some team's DeMarre Carroll for example.

17. Likes LJ2 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    He likes it here.. so he may not even look around.

But, Ariza got a 1 year, $15M deal from Phoenix. There will be a lot of cap space floating around this summer so some team that swung out and missed on a KD, Kawhi or Irving, etc.. might make a deal just to make a deal.

Masai should try to get him on a 2 year deal if possible.

Kawhi's free agency will take longer I suspect so I don't think Masai should wait on him.

My hope would be a 2 year $20M deal with the second year a player option. But I could see him getting 3/30 or 2/24 or a 1/15 somewhere.

I don't see him getting a 4 year deal. But he's having a fantastic season so who knows. He could be some team's DeMarre Carroll for example.
    I'd be ok with offering a 3rd year....or maybe even a 4th. Green's the type of player whose presence in the locker room will be priceless, even as his minutes start to decline. Especially if we're in rebuild mode with a mostly young roster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, let's talk about Green abusing Curry in the post on Wednesday night. I admittedly haven't paid much attention to Green's game prior to him joining the Raptors, but I don't recall ever seeing Green working guys in the post before.

Was this Nurse being smart, or Green being smart, or both?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    So, let's talk about Green abusing Curry in the post on Wednesday night. I admittedly haven't paid much attention to Green's game prior to him joining the Raptors, but I don't recall ever seeing Green working guys in the post before.

Was this Nurse being smart, or Green being smart, or both?
    Considering how Green hasn't spent much time in the post I think it was Nurse making that call. A great call at that. You have to take advantage of a mismatch whenever possible, and it doesn't hurt you're giving Curry something to think about other than launching a 3 and high fiving a teammate before the ball goes through the basket.

21. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Considering how Green hasn't spent much time in the post I think it was Nurse making that call. A great call at that. You have to take advantage of a mismatch whenever possible, and it doesn't hurt you're giving Curry something to think about other than launching a 3 and high fiving a teammate before the ball goes through the basket.
    I would tend to agree that it was Nurse's doing. And if so, I'm sure that helps Green's desire to stick around in Toronto beyond next year. That is, being asked to shoulder more than a literal "3 and D" load.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread Information