Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    http://insidethegreenroomwithdannygr...whi-get-traded

A podcast where Danny Green talks about the trade, the Raptors and so on.

Also mentions Phil Handy, Cavaliers assistant coach is with the Raptors now, haven’t seen any news about it yet.
    Great find! It looks like the first one he has done so it will be interesting to see if he keeps it up during the season (a la Reddick). He'll be a good quote in the locker room

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      http://insidethegreenroomwithdannygr...whi-get-traded

A podcast where Danny Green talks about the trade, the Raptors and so on.

Also mentions Phil Handy, Cavaliers assistant coach is with the Raptors now, haven’t seen any news about it yet.
      Will listen after work tonight.. thanks for the link. Interesting about Handy. I know the Raps had interest but that was like a month ago. Nothing I saw officially mentioning that the Raptors hired him.

Comment

• Apparently Green played with a misdiagnosed groin tear most of last season (they called it a strain). This has implications re Kawhi not trusting the Spurs medics. And Green & Kawhi were close.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Apparently Green played with a misdiagnosed groin tear most of last season (they called it a strain). This has implications re Kawhi not trusting the Spurs medics. And Green & Kawhi were close.
          Dammit man I'm a coach and a liberal political pundit not a doctor!!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• barely 1/2 way through it and it's an amazing listen. Gives you some good behind the scenes insights. Will be nice to have this guy around

Comment

• It's interesting, Green mentioned Serge as one of the players he's looking forward to play with on the defensive end. I also read on the Spurs fan forums (when the trade was just in the rumor stages) how several people viewed Serge as solid defensive player.

I hope he regains some of his form as a solid shot blocker and rim protector. I think last year they tried to change who he is too much by incorporating a drive (and pass) game into him, and that really backfired. It didn't come naturally/fluidly to him, leading to a lot of turnovers and offensive fouls. That seemed to have rattled him midway through the Washington series, to the point that it affected his confidence even on the defensive end.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. I hope Nurse puts him back into his comfort fort zone, and we regain his rim protection. If opposing players will have to deal with the likes of engaged Lowry/Leonard/OG/Siakam on the perimeter, and then have to deal with full-form Serge at the rim after...oooff.

Comment

• Green always gives a good interview. Fans are going to love him here.

It's too bad the SA doctors misdiagnosed his injury as well. Sounds like Leonard's beef with them is legit.
                "I look at it as a day to day process. My focus is this year. If you look at the future you're going to trip over the present."

- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  It's interesting, Green mentioned Serge as one of the players he's looking forward to play with on the defensive end. I also read on the Spurs fan forums (when the trade was just in the rumor stages) how several people viewed Serge as solid defensive player.

I hope he regains some of his form as a solid shot blocker and rim protector. I think last year they tried to change who he is too much by incorporating a drive (and pass) game into him, and that really backfired. It didn't come naturally/fluidly to him, leading to a lot of turnovers and offensive fouls. That seemed to have rattled him midway through the Washington series, to the point that it affected his confidence even on the defensive end.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. I hope Nurse puts him back into his comfort fort zone, and we regain his rim protection. If opposing players will have to deal with the likes of engaged Lowry/Leonard/OG/Siakam on the perimeter, and then have to deal with full-form Serge at the rim after...oooff.
                  Last time Spurs fans saw Ibaka often, he was a DPOY candidate

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Last time Spurs fans saw Ibaka often, he was a DPOY candidate
                    Yep. I don't think he'll ever be at the level again, but if we could get him back to at least close to an all-defence NBA team level, that would be huge

Comment

Yep. I don't think he'll ever be at the level again, but if we could get him back to at least close to an all-defence NBA team level, that would be huge
                      If Kawhi re-signs, I say we trade Ibaka for Biyombo, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        If Kawhi re-signs, I say we trade Ibaka for Biyombo, lol.
                        Nah.. if we re-sign Kawhi we trade for Anthony Davis

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath. He's been a downward trajectory the last few years, so no reason to think he'll turn it around in a meaningful way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't hold my breath. He's been a downward trajectory the last few years, so no reason to think he'll turn it around in a meaningful way.

With Ibaka it seems to be time management. He should never play in back to back games. He should never play more than 25 minutes a game unless he has had three days off.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              With Ibaka it seems to be time management. He should never play in back to back games. He should never play more than 25 minutes a game unless he has had three days off.
                              That is true. He can have some abysmal games, then excellent ones. The first game of the playoffs last year (where he was rested), he shot 72% from the field (3 out of 4 from deep), with 12 boards. On game 2 he went on to post the best +/- in Raptor playoff history. Then fell off a cliff.

We'll never get his top end game consistently anymore, but we shouldn't get "cavs-series Ibaka" all the time either. Something between these two extremes should be reasonable and attainable, and the best way to do it is managing his minutes carefully. If they manage to do that, besides strengthening our finals run, it will increase his value and make him easier to move as an expiring contract next summer.

Comment

That is true. He can have some abysmal games, then excellent ones. The first game of the playoffs last year (where he was rested), he shot 72% from the field (3 out of 4 from deep), with 12 boards. On game 2 he went on to post the best +/- in Raptor playoff history. Then fell off a cliff.

We'll never get his top end game consistently anymore, but we shouldn't get "cavs-series Ibaka" all the time either. Something between these two extremes should be reasonable and attainable, and the best way to do it is managing his minutes carefully. If they manage to do that, besides strengthening our finals run, it will increase his value and make him easier to move as an expiring contract next summer.
                                Well the most obvious thing they need to do is limit his back to backs. I thought that was a big mishandling last season, especially later on. He played in too many meaningless games.

Either way I don't think we can expect any significant difference from last season. We should just hope he doesn't get noticeably worse, and that he doesn't have the same kind of playoff collapse.

Comment

Working...
                                X