Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this trade Finally get the Raptors a Christmas Game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really don't think Spurs vs Raptors will be the game. Spurs are way too small market, and the Raptors don't really help the big american media outlets since half their viewership won't count for ratings.

If the Raptors get a game it will be against a team like NY or Boston.

Comment

New York always gets a Christmas game, so that makes sense.

I don't think the Spurs will be watchable enough to get a long of national TV.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Raptors vs San Antonio in Toronto on XMas day would be hella cool.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lakers @ Warriors
          Sixers @ Celtics
          Thunder @ Rockets
          Raptors @ Spurs

Nyk don't deserve it fuck
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            No. Xmas ball is all about Americans and Americans don't care about Canada's team.
            It will be really awkward when the raptors have the best record in the NBA and aren’t playing on xmas day. Bah humbug!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Really don't think Spurs vs Raptors will be the game. Spurs are way too small market, and the Raptors don't really help the big american media outlets since half their viewership won't count for ratings.

If the Raptors get a game it will be against a team like NY or Boston.
              Spurs have been there before, many times. They're a storied franchise.
              And I know the narrative of us not appealing to US networks.
              Even the fact that we're in another country shouldn't matter this go round though.
              Kawhi vs Demar grudge-match on Christmas day?? I think Americans will tune in.
              Even if he's just here for one year, (which I remain hopeful it'll be longer... ...Life, uh, finds a way.)
              Fact is, we've got a marquis player now and we friggin scooped the rest of the NBA.
              As it stands, rather than the massive drop-off that could've even come at home had we run last year's squad back, fact is, Raptors are gonna be good tv. Maybe not for 82 games in the US.
              But I can definitely see us being draw enough for Xmas.
              (If it happens... I hope it won't make for Demar having too depressing a holidays. )

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Spurs have been there before, many times. They're a storied franchise.
                And I know the narrative of us not appealing to US networks.
                Even the fact that we're in another country shouldn't matter this go round though.
                Kawhi vs Demar grudge-match on Christmas day?? I think Americans will tune in.
                Even if he's just here for one year, (which I remain hopeful it'll be longer... ...Life, uh, finds a way.)
                Fact is, we've got a marquis player now and we friggin scooped the rest of the NBA.
                As it stands, rather than the massive drop-off that could've even come at home had we run last year's squad back, fact is, Raptors are gonna be good tv. Maybe not for 82 games in the US.
                But I can definitely see us being draw enough for Xmas.
                (If it happens... I hope it won't make for Demar having too depressing a holidays. )
                The Raptors are going to be good TV... The Spurs won't be. They'll be 60% contested midrange jumpers.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors are going to be good TV... The Spurs won't be. They'll be 60% contested midrange jumpers.
                  I am very happy with the trade. A core like Kawhi-Lowry-JV is the kind of thing I've wanted since we got Lowry and JV.

A core of Aldridge-DD-Gay is the kind of core I feared.

It feels so weird that we ended up with the former and not the latter. Never thought I'd see the day.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I am very happy with the trade. A core like Kawhi-Lowry-JV is the kind of thing I've wanted since we got Lowry and JV.

A core of Aldridge-DD-Gay is the kind of core I feared.

It feels so weird that we ended up with the former and not the latter. Never thought I'd see the day.
                    We have an amazing core, Im actually calling it now, Lowry loses his all-star spot to JV this year. JV will have a killer season, he put up 20/14 last year per 36, I'm sure he'll play about 27m minutes a game and they'll have no choice to put him in.

But I also think spurs will about 55+ games next year. Under pop Derozan will strive, calling it now, he averages about 25p/4r/6a on 48/34/87
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

If there's a Spurs/Raps Christmas Day game, it's not going to be here. There's no way the NBA passes up the visual of San Antonio booing the shit out of Kawhi for four straight quarters; a tearful standing ovation for DeMar doesn't even come close to that.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                        We have an amazing core, Im actually calling it now, Lowry loses his all-star spot to JV this year. JV will have a killer season, he put up 20/14 last year per 36, I'm sure he'll play about 27m minutes a game and they'll have no choice to put him in.

But I also think spurs will about 55+ games next year. Under pop Derozan will strive, calling it now, he averages about 25p/4r/6a on 48/34/87
                        I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Spurs won a lot of games. They almost hit 50 last year without Leonard. Pop can do anything.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

The is funny to hear ... NBA loves story lines and Kawhi going against Pops and Demar facing the team that traded him would be quite the drama . Raps and Knicks ? No drama no story lines ..

Heck if they don't make Christmas schedule .. Kawhi who is screaming for his brand to get more exposer isn't going to be thrilled ..

Comment

The only teams who have never played on Christmas is Memphis and Charlotte. Toronto has played once. So any team could get the slot, regardless of market size.

If it's me I would do:

12pm: Boston vs Philadelphia

2:30pm: Toronto vs San Antonio

5:00pm: LA Lakers vs Golden State

8:00pm: OKC vs Houston

10:30pm: I dunno Utah vs Portland or something (has to be a west coast team and it wont be LA and Warriors as that will get the prime time slot)

Ideally no NY...but knowing the NBA they will have to lnclude them somehow... which sucks.
                            Last edited by sanyo; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I know some of you guys don’t care about this, but having the games on in the background all day during Christmas is one of my favourite parts of the holidays, and seeing our team up there would be pretty awesome for me. I’m really hoping we get a game.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                                I know some of you guys don’t care about this, but having the games on in the background all day during Christmas is one of my favourite parts of the holidays, and seeing our team up there would be pretty awesome for me. I’m really hoping we get a game.
                                But as you say in the bold, it tends to be "in the background". If the Raptors are on, I may not be able to pay as much attention as I'd like on the game. That's the main reason I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X