Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this trade Finally get the Raptors a Christmas Game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai and his team wants a Christmas game.. so if it's important to them than it should I guess be important to us. Personally I'm like the most of you. Who has time to watch a game during Christmas? So much is happening.

The Christmas games are all about $$$. Whether short term (via eyeball, viewership numbers for sponsor deals) or Long term to help grow the sport.

It's why you always see teams like LA and NY. They will get the eyeballs. Even when their teams suck. Or why you get star powers (like Giannis or Westbrook) even when they are on small market teams.

We have Kawhi. But Kawhi is like the worst super star for the NBA because he's so damn quiet. Never uses social media. Gives yes/no answers. Basically camera shy.

If the Raps win it all or get to the Finals they will probably get a game next year. If they don't and Kawhi leaves we definitely won't.

Comment

• I don't want or care for a Christmas Day game. The entire league(s) should be shut down for that day and give the players and coaches the day off to be with family. jmo....

Comment

• Yes!!!!

and btw...how prescient was this quote? Father's day would have been the game 7 (that was never needed)

golden wrote: View Post
        This just in: Raps will be playing in the Father's Day game this year.

Comment

• No, because Xmas games aren't a reward for achievement. Xmas games are about TV companies capitalizing on commercial revenues from NBA matchups they forecast will get the best ratings based on historical market data.

Comment

• Wait, just realized this was an old thread that got bumped. I stand by what I said though.

Comment

• Wait, I just read the news! I'm glad I was completely wrong! That champion power shines bright I guess. My work here is done.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Wait, I just read the news! I'm glad I was completely wrong! That champion power shines bright I guess. My work here is done.
                Glad that wasn't your 23000th post

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Came here for Christmas game news, saw the Apollo monologue instead, but left entertained nonetheless

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      Came here for Christmas game news, saw the Apollo monologue instead, but left entertained nonetheless
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        This will be the last year for this thread. Next year for sure the Raps will be playing on Christmas. My guess is Boston.....in Boston of course. Or the Warriors to reprise the 2019 Final.
                        Woah. Good call! Well. Good half call. In Toronto, come on, why would they go to the arena of the far lesser team?!

Comment

Working...
                        X