Likes Likes:  90
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Raptors starting line up

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Sorry, to be specific, from the First Takes, to the NBA TVs, to The Jumps, etc. a number of analysts continue to place BOS/PHI as this season's "Eastern Conference Finals" preview.

Was not playing the victim card, but the Raptors are still being spoken of as the third best team despite everything you've mentioned.
    Writers who don't appear on television tend to be more objective than the talking heads on tv looking for a soundbite, I wonder why.

2. Likes ReubenJRD, S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Writers who don't appear on television tend to be more objective than the talking heads on tv looking for a soundbite, I wonder why.
    Obviously. But, let's be honest, from an American's standpoint, no one is really looking at Toronto as a serious threat now or in the future because of all the Tatum/Brown and Simmons/Embiid talk.

edit: I'm talking from an average fan's perspective. I'm not surprised that everyone is still talking about BOS/PHI despite having Kawhi.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Obviously. But, let's be honest, from an American's standpoint, no one is really looking at Toronto as a serious threat now or in the future because of all the Tatum/Brown and Simmons/Embiid talk.

edit: I'm talking from an average fan's perspective. I'm not surprised that everyone is still talking about BOS/PHI despite having Kawhi.
    Americans have superiority complex (just look at their president ) so if they feel that a franchise in Canada might be doing better than a whole bunch of other teams, they will get crabby and try to discredit it. I fully expect the shit talking to increase throughout the year if the Raptors do look like legit contenders. It now comes with the territory, embrace it "We The North".

5. Likes ReubenJRD liked this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information