No announcement yet.

Raptors starting line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry-Green-Kawhi-Serge-JV to start the season I think.

Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam is going to be so sick on defence. And if OG and Siakam have improved their shooting over the summer...

Comment

I don’t care if they all start but I want to see some Kawhi-OG-Siakam lineups.

After Xmas OG and Siakam barely played together at all

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yeah, I think these are the two most likely lineups.

Siakam may be able to outplay Serge for a spot, but I doubt it to start the year.

We'll see if any more minor moves happen though. Masai could trade a wing for a big. Or maybe miraculously unload Ibaka's contract and actually get a useful player or two in return.
        Wild card of course is Nurse. Still don't really know what he wants, or how he coachs. Casey was a guy who would prefer to have the same startinf 5 for a whole season, not everyone is like that.

Also if masai doesnt get a decent backup 5 Nurse may be forces to put Serge in off the bench.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Wild card of course is Nurse. Still don't really know what he wants, or how he coachs. Casey was a guy who would prefer to have the same startinf 5 for a whole season, not everyone is like that.

Also if masai doesnt get a decent backup 5 Nurse may be forces to put Serge in off the bench.
          I see Nurse as a guy who will experiment with different lineups during the regular season to find a good fit for the playoffs. The team will lose some games in February because of unorthodox lineups with bad lineup stats with small sample sizes. But it will be a journey to find the right lineup combo’s.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Attach Norm and some team will definitely bite. Might be able to fetch a backup C and rotation guard
            Attach Norm and you need roughly $30M in money coming back.

Like let's say you can do that for Dedmon and Bazemore... Atlanta only does that if you still add a pick or something. And then you're stuck with Bazemore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sacramento is the one team left with cap space, and if ever there was a team dumb enough to trade for Serge Ibaka and Norm...
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Sacramento is the one team left with cap space, and if ever there was a team dumb enough to trade for Serge Ibaka and Norm...
                They have like 40 PF’s already

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  They have like 40 PF’s already
                  And they got there by acquiring a PF when they had like 39 PFs already.

Plus Ibaka is definitely totally a centre now, for sure.

Ibaka plus Norm for Zach Randolph works, barely (based on some quick late night math). Throw in our 2019 2nd to make the deal sound better.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I think we're stuck with Ibaka (and I still think it would be good to keep him for next year). Norm I think could be moved.

I saw Mason Plumlee's name floated earlier today, Denver might be looking to move him as they are also dealing with the luxury tax. He makes more money per year than Norm (13-14 million compared to 9-10), but only has two years left, so he'd come off the books at the same time as our other big contracts. Could be a useful backup big for us.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Norm has to move...even more of a logjam now. We're probably gonna get another serviceable big, and hes an 11 million dollar 12th man
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

How much cap room do we have Clint’s Capela is still on the market. We win the east hands down if we get him

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          How much cap room do we have Clint’s Capela is still on the market. We win the east hands down if we get him
                          We do not have anything close to cap room lol
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Depends how Delon improves but he could be a good starter. His three point shooting has improved, he is a good slasher, distributor, and defender.

So JV/Serg/Siakam
                            OG/Siakam/Serg
                            Kawhi/OG/Miles/Norm
                            Delon/Danny/FVV/Norm
                            Kyle/FVV/Delon

That's if Delon comes back shooting slightly better. I agree we need another big for insurance purposes, but that should be our rotation. Basically a tight 9 man rotation with Serg predominately playing the 5. or we can try to showcase him at the beginning.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              We do not have anything close to cap room lol
                              If they don't want to resign him to 20+ a season, can we move JV and Norm for Capella and spare parts?

Comment

Capella/Serg/Siakam
                                OG/Siakam/Serg/Miles
                                Kawhi/OG/Miles/Green
                                Delon/Green/FFV
                                Kyle/FVV/Delon/Alfonzo

That is a dangerous starting lineup/rotation

Comment

Working...
                                X