Who’s Your “Top 5 Player in the NBA”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who’s Your “Top 5 Player in the NBA”

So with the Kawhi trade, at last the Raptors have a “top 5 player in the NBA”

This gets thrown around a lot so it made me think who the top 5 are. It’s the offseason and a slow time so who do you got?

Let’s assume all players are healthy.

Mine:
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Kawhi
    4. Anthony Davis
    5. Steph Curry.

So that leaves off the last 2 MVP’s, Harden and Westbrook. It also leaves off Giannis and all NBA 1st team Dame Lillard.

Who’s your top 5?

LeBron
    Kawhi
    Davis
    Durant
    Westbrook

Comment

1. Lebron
      2. Curry
      3. Durant
      4. Kawhi
      5. Harden
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If I could start a team from scratch right now.. and hope to win a championship, and I only get one year/try.. this would be my draft order:

Lebron
        Durant
        Davis
        Curry
        Kawhi

Comment

1. Durant
          2. Lebron
          3. Kawhi
          4. Anthony Davis
          5. Giannis

Comment

I know this all opinion but anyone who doesn't have curry is drunk

HE is far and away the reason golden state is unbeatable

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I know this all opinion but anyone who doesn't have curry is drunk

HE is far and away the reason golden state is unbeatable
              GS without Curry could repeat

GS without Durant got beat

Comment

LeBron
                Curry
                Kawhi
                Durant
                Davis
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

1.) LeBron
                  2.) Durant
                  3.) Kawhi
                  4.) AD
                  5.) Curry

Curry for me has to be 5th because he doesn't do anywhere near as much on defense as the other guys.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
                    GS without Curry could repeat

GS without Durant got beat
                    Curry was banged up, Draymond was out, and they were beat by the only guy I have ranked ahead of curry.

The warriors without curry this year were barely above .500. Theyve been a worse team than they were in 2016 since Durant arrived regardless of whether they lost that finals in 7. Currys shooting in traffic/off the dribble is so valuable and so far ahead of anybody else who's ever played the game

Comment

Curry was banged up, Draymond was out, and they were beat by the only guy I have ranked ahead of curry.

The warriors without curry this year were barely above .500. Theyve been a worse team than they were in 2016 since Durant arrived regardless of whether they lost that finals in 7. Currys shooting in traffic/off the dribble is so valuable and so far ahead of anybody else who's ever played the game
                      If you swapped Curry with Kemba, I don't think the Hornets would make the playoffs.

Heck, if you swapped Dloading with Curry, I don't think the Nets would make the playoffs either... and that's the east.

The Warriors would still be competitive with Kemba or Russell imo.

Also, there is something that raises players like Giannis and Davis above Curry in my mind being that they can bring there teams to the playoffs without other stars. I don't think anyone on the Bucks or the Pels are as good as Klay or Draymond (besides Giannis/Davis of course).

Curry is 6th in my books for the record.
                      Last edited by c-troop; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
                        If you swaped Curry with Kemba, I don't think the Hornets would make the playoffs.

Heck, if you swapped Dloading with Curry, I don't think the Nets would make the playoffs either... and that's the east.

[/B]
                        I guess that's where this argument departs. Curry would make either of those team a 4th or 5th seed in the east.

Comment

For me; past the top 4, it can get debatable but (in order):

LeBron
                          Durant
                          Kawhi
                          Anthony Davis
                          Curry
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I guess that's where this argument departs. Curry would make either of those team a 4th or 5th seed in the east.
                            The beauty of opinions.

He's one player and if you shut him down or he gets hurt, it's a wrap. We've never seen Curry alone.

I disagree and I personally think he's hyped. I respect your opinion, though.
                            Last edited by c-troop; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised Harden isn't getting more recognition. If you put Durant or Curry on the same Houston team the last couple of years, are they better? I mean I can see the argument for it, but is it so obvious that Harden isn't even worth mentioning? He's been arguably the best offensive player in the league.

LeBron is the best player still, hands down.

After that is the "top 5", because no one is in LeBron's tier:

Durant
                              Kawhi
                              Davis
                              Curry
                              Harden

*Honourable mention to Giannis, who's a jumpshot away from going from just outside this list, to the top of the non-Lebrons.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X