Who’s Your “Top 5 Player in the NBA”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'm surprised Harden isn't getting more recognition. If you put Durant or Curry on the same Houston team the last couple of years, are they better? I mean I can see the argument for it, but is it so obvious that Harden isn't even worth mentioning? He's been arguably the best offensive player in the league.

LeBron is the best player still, hands down.

After that is the "top 5", because no one is in LeBron's tier:

Durant
    Kawhi
    Davis
    Curry
    Harden
    I actually debated between Harden and Curry for my #5 spot and ended up going with Curry just because I think he gives up a little less defensively then Harden does.

You're right though; you can't even really put LeBron in these lists just because of the sheer gap between him and anyone else.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'm surprised Harden isn't getting more recognition. If you put Durant or Curry on the same Houston team the last couple of years, are they better? I mean I can see the argument for it, but is it so obvious that Harden isn't even worth mentioning? He's been arguably the best offensive player in the league.

LeBron is the best player still, hands down.

After that is the "top 5", because no one is in LeBron's tier:

Durant
      Kawhi
      Davis
      Curry
      Harden
      You and I agree. I have the same top 6, had a tough time cutting Davis from the 5.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
        I actually debated between Harden and Curry for my #5 spot and ended up going with Curry just because I think he gives up a little less defensively then Harden does.

You're right though; you can't even really put LeBron in these lists just because of the sheer gap between him and anyone else.
        I don't think Curry gives up less defensively. He doesn't have to waste as much energy on offence, and has much better defenders around him so it's much easier to hide him. Curry can't really guard anyone, and he's too small to guard anything other than PGs.

I have no issue with someone arguing Curry is better than Harden, but I don't think D can be part of the argument. I would think if anything, Harden gets the nod there, because when he tries he's a better defender than Curry (people sometimes forget when he was in a smaller role in OKC he was actually pretty good defensively).

Comment

Seems like consensus is that Lebron Durant and Kawhi in every one’s top 5.

And maybe right now there’s not much difference between 4-8. No one has mentioned Chris Paul or Paul George yet. I agree they are a tier below but still.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

And maybe right now there’s not much difference between 4-8. No one has mentioned Chris Paul or Paul George yet. I agree they are a tier below but still.
            Keeping in mind Kawhi Leonard was acquired 2 days ago by the Raptors and this is Raptorsrepublic so everyone is gonna put Kawhi Leonard lol

Comment

Steph Curry was the first ever unanimous NBA MVP. He led the Warriors to their first championship since 1975 in 2015. He led them to a 73 win season back in 2016. They would've won the championship back in 2016 if Green didn't act like a fool in G4.

Back then the argument was Curry or LeBron? who was the best player in the game?

Nothing has changed. Curry is the SAME player. His numbers are down the last 2 years because they now have Durant. But he is STILL the best player on that team. The Warriors wouldn't be nearly as good without him. You saw it in the playofs.

And we know he can lead a team to a championship even without Durant.

Can Durant win without Curry? doubt it.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Paul 10 years ago, maybe.

George never.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

7 Westbrook
                  8 embiid
                  9 Giannis
                  10 paul

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Steph Curry was the first ever unanimous NBA MVP. He led the Warriors to their first championship since 1975 in 2015. He led them to a 73 win season back in 2016. They would've won the championship back in 2016 if Green didn't act like a fool in G4.

Back then the argument was Curry or LeBron? who was the best player in the game?

Nothing has changed. Curry is the SAME player. His numbers are down the last 2 years because they now have Durant. But he is STILL the best player on that team. The Warriors wouldn't be nearly as good without him. You saw it in the playofs.

I can't edit my post. I just want to correct myself.

Durant CAN'T win a championship without Curry.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

He does have an extremly impressive resume, and he's one of the greats without a doubt in my mind.

BUT he did always have Klay and Draymond there with him. And after he missed all those halfcourt shots at the allstar game I started to look at him different. More human than before I suppose.

Comment

1. Lebron

2. Kawhi
                        3. Curry
                        4. Davis
                        5. Durant
                        6. Butler
                        7. Embiid
                        8. Chris Paul
                        9. Harden
                        10. Giannis

Westbrook, Oladipo, Porzingis, Klay Thompson, Rudy Gobert, are in the next 10. A lot of guys to think about.

Comment

I would also have Kyle in the top 20-25. Impact-wise he’s up there in the top 15.

Comment

Lebron
                            Durant
                            Curry
                            Leonard
                            Davis

Hardin and Westbrook need to be more successful in the playoffs. Leonard can move up if he stays healthy. Davis falls off the list if his team misses the playoffs

Comment

Lebron
                              Curry
                              Durant
                              Davis
                              Leonard
                              Westbrook
                              Harden
                              Giannis
                              Paul
                              Embiid

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                Lebron
                                Durant
                                Curry
                                Leonard
                                Davis

Hardin and Westbrook need to be more successful in the playoffs. Leonard can move up if he stays healthy. Davis falls off the list if his team misses the playoffs
                                Harden has been fine in the playoffs. He has led the Rockets to two Conference finals appearances, and frankly didn't have a very good team until this past season (arguably would be the worst roster in the league without him, much like LeBron's old Cavs teams). In the past 4 years, he's lost to the Warriors 3 times, and the Spurs once. The Spurs had Leonard, a top 5 player and the top perimeter defender, and great team D as well with the best coach of his era. The Warriors have two top 5-6 players and are the current NBA dynasty team.

Westbrook is bad. Huge waste of talent with his low IQ and me-first game. His teams fade in the playoffs because of his inability to play the right way even against lesser opponents. He has had elite talent around him and still failed.

Comment

Working...
                                X