Clear All

• Have we given up on Lucas

Has he officially been waived?

rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Has he officially been waived?
    Hes a free agent
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on resigning him or letting him go?

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        What are everyone's thoughts on resigning him or letting him go?
        He has his shortcomings, but given our reduced depth at C, plus the fact he knows the team/schemes and has a good relationship and on-court chemistry with Lowry, I wouldn't be upset if we brought him back.

My first choice would be to swap Powell for another centre straight up. But failing that, Id rather bring Bebe back than, say, have to lose Delon for a bargain bin centre.

Comment

i believe they renounced his free agent rights as a restricted but that doesn't mean they have given up. i'd prefer that he doesn't come back after that last game... I would rather give bouche the chance

Comment

We bring up his name a lot in other threads. If there is no other choice.. well he knows the system and players can can fit right in. But we might be able to get someone even better than him for his price tag.

There is no hurry though. It's almost August and he's still a free agent. So other teams aren't waiting on him to answer his phone either.

Comment

I like him to come back but for cheap. I think it would be good for him to re-sign for 1 year with the Raps for cheap.
              He can get more minutes now that Poeltl is out and increase his value in a system that he is familiar with.

Comment

I actually like Lucas, I know he can be so frustrating at times, but he has those flashes of greatness, knows the schemes well, and since we're now thin at center he's not a bad guy to have at the end of the bench sipping coconut water.

Of course I guess if we just sign someone a bit better, that's better. But bringing back Bebe wouldn't upset me.

Comment

He can block shots, pass and catch alleyoops. He might be more useful with Nurse in lineups where the forwards crash the boards. Also he needs to learn to set screens instead of illegal picks.

Comment

I'd be totally fine with him as the depth C to start the season, but if we think we've got a shot at the finals this season, a somewhat more consistent veteran might be a necessary upgrade mid-season.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      He can block shots, pass and catch alleyoops. He might be more useful with Nurse in lineups where the forwards crash the boards. Also he needs to learn to set screens instead of illegal picks.
                      To be fair, 75% of the screens in the NBA are illegal screens. Bebe just never gets the benefit of the doubt from the refs.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's our championship year run. I have no issues with them aiming higher than Bebe.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          It's our championship year run. I have no issues with them aiming higher than Bebe.
                          Assuming there are better options on a budget.

Comment

I know mind Lucus if we end up signing him. But i would like to explore some vets if they are willing to take a backup C

Comment

Working...
                            X