Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Well that's the thing. Masai has made it so that if Lowry does get rattled in the playoffs then the potential for his lost production doesn't impact the team as much as in the past. Lowry is getting pushed down on the ladder of options on offense. Last year he was second with a big gap between him and the third option. This year he's our 4th best option on offense behind
    1. Kawhi
    2. Gasol
    3. Siakam

And the gap between Lowry and then next option on offense which is Serge isn't that big. He's not going to be called upon to score, but do all of the other stuff he can still do rattled or otherwise.
    edit: was trying to respond to Golden

Comment

• Any way you slice it, this is shaping up to be one of the more interesting playoffs in some time. LBJ might not even be part of it, and both conferences will be a dog fight. And I got this feeling that GSW ain't gonna make the finals...seems unlikely of course but they will not have it as easy as they have the past 4 seasons. A GSW/OKC showdown would be fun.

Comment

Well that's the thing. Masai has made it so that if Lowry does get rattled in the playoffs then the potential for his lost production doesn't impact the team as much as in the past. Lowry is getting pushed down on the ladder of options on offense. Last year he was second with a big gap between him and the third option. This year he's our 4th best option on offense behind
        1. Kawhi
        2. Gasol
        3. Siakam

And the gap between Lowry and then next option on offense which is Serge isn't that big. He's not going to be called upon to score, but do all of the other stuff he can still do rattled or otherwise.
        Lowry is behind Serge offensively. Lowry initiates a lot but others finish the possession most of the time.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Glad that we've got a pretty relaxed home-stretch to avoid Kyle getting run down with one backup PG while FVV rehabs. Hopefully he can sit out one or two with Lloyd being brought up for a cream-puff game, and maybe McCaw getting some minutes at the 1 - but we and Kyle are in pretty good shape either way.

Or one would hope...

Comment

1. Kawhi
            2. Gasol
            3. Siakam

In the playoffs, Lowry gets blitzed/trapped early in the clock and he's forced to give the ball up. He (and DeRozan) never responded well to that because Casey's system was 100% Kyle & DeMar and offense bogged down because other guys didn't have a clue what to do when they had to make plays. That's where I can fully understand where Nurse is coming from trying to make every player more comfortable doing a bit of dribble-drive decision making on the fly when you need it in the playoffs. This is where Gasol could help tremendously, because Kawhi is a sub-par playmaker, but Lowry will still need to step up and make his open 3-pt shots, which has looked shaky this year. Your guards have to make their open 3's in the NBA these days.

Comment

• We can still catch the Bucks. They're only up 1 game.It's crucial that we finish ahead of them in the standings.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                In the playoffs, Lowry gets blitzed/trapped early in the clock and he's forced to give the ball up. He (and DeRozan) never responded well to that because Casey's system was 100% Kyle & DeMar and offense bogged down because other guys didn't have a clue what to do when they had to make plays. That's where I can fully understand where Nurse is coming from trying to make every player more comfortable doing a bit of dribble-drive decision making on the fly when you need it in the playoffs. This is where Gasol could help tremendously, because Kawhi is a sub-par playmaker, but Lowry will still need to step up and make his open 3-pt shots, which has looked shaky this year. Your guards have to make their open 3's in the NBA these days.
                yeah, Gasol will be a nice relief valve for Lowry in those situations, Pascal too. If they want to take the ball out of Kyle's hands the O shouldn't fall apart if Gasol and Pascal can get the ball in space. In fact, teams might have to abandon that strategy if our bigs help Lowry with those traps. Imagine Pascal getting the ball above the break in a 4 on 3 situation...game over!!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  yeah, Gasol will be a nice relief valve for Lowry in those situations, Pascal too. If they want to take the ball out of Kyle's hands the O shouldn't fall apart if Gasol and Pascal can get the ball in space. In fact, teams might have to abandon that strategy if our bigs help Lowry with those traps. Imagine Pascal getting the ball above the break in a 4 on 3 situation...game over!!
                  That's why Gasol will be probably be starting. That 3rd playmaker will become critical, especially if/when Lowry gets the yips again and becomes afraid to shoot. Guards passing up open looks in the flow of the offense can mess other things, like rebounding, getting back in transition, etc....

Pascal has become sooooo important.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    We can still catch the Bucks. They're only up 1 game.It's crucial that we finish ahead of them in the standings.
                    Maybe, that's the one spot at the top where I could see the Raps and Bucks maybe trying to game the system to get a particular second round match-up.

EDIT: That would likely depend on Indy finishing third, though.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Maybe, that's the one spot at the top where I could see the Raps and Bucks maybe trying to game the system to get a particular second round match-up.

EDIT: That would likely depend on Indy finishing third, though.
                      Yeah if indy stays 3, youd rather be 2
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        We can still catch the Bucks. They're only up 1 game.It's crucial that we finish ahead of them in the standings.
                        On the other hand it would be great to see #1-5 stay as they are. Pacers play Nets in round 1, Boston and Philly have to play in round 1, Toronto could get Pacers in round 2 and not have to face one of Bucks/Boston/Philly until round 3.

Anyway, #3-5 are too close to call, who knows. But so imho is calling Bucks vs Raptors in round 3. Raps could be the 2 seed and still have round 3 home court, who knows.

*Edit: just saw the previous couple of comments. Based on players returning to health, deadline deals, and remaining schedule, I like the Raps chances to end up #1 regardless. But it would be very Raptors for that to end up not being good for them.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I guess that AD injury he got in the last game didn't go over so well with the owners.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Yeah if indy stays 3, youd rather be 2
                            I agree, but I'm pretty sure they'll slide to 4th or 5th. I just looked, they have a brutal stretch in March: They play MIL, PHI , NYK (the only cream puff), OKC, DEN, POR, LAC, GSW, DEN & OKC again, then BOS. All in a row. Of these 11 games, 8 are on the road.

I mean, if after that gauntlet they still stay in 3rd I'm not sure if wanna see them in the playoffs to begin with. I think we should go for 1st regardless for home court (though not at the expense of overtaxing guys or risking injuries)
                            Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Feb 15, 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• I think the Pacers will finish 5th. .

Celtics or Sixers. I don't know who i want to play in the 2nd round. The Sixers scares me more than the Celtics.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. Kawhi
                                2. Gasol
                                3. Siakam

Yup, and it all points towards Lowry's impact on wins and losses being less and less. Bonus here is if good Lowry shows up in the playoffs then we'll be pretty dominant.

Comment

Working...
                                X