Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Pretty much everyone falls off the books that year...
    Kyle@30...Serge@22....JV@15.....Miles@8 and Freddy@9

So Let’s say Kawhi signs....and the raps chase both of Giannis and Davis hard...and for arguments sake they land one..
    Who of The guys falling off besides FVV who do you want or need back ?
    Giannis is 2021. If they strike out in 2020, they can overpay on one year deals and re-enter the FA market the next summer to chase him.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Giannis is 2021. If they strike out in 2020, they can overpay on one year deals and re-enter the FA market the next summer to chase him.
      Its National What If Day
      Say they do get Kawhi to sign....
      Who do you chase harder... Giannas or Davis.....?

I go for Davis.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Its National What If Day
        Say they do get Kawhi to sign....
        Who do you chase harder... Giannas or Davis.....?

I go for Davis.
        As I was trying to say, you do them in order. You go after Davis with all you've got, and if you strike out, you go after Giannis the next year. There's not really a choice between them.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

As I was trying to say, you do them in order. You go after Davis with all you've got, and if you strike out, you go after Giannis the next year. There's not really a choice between them.
          Theres always a choice....
          Even watching a game between Denmark and Belarus in the world juniors you cheer for someone...if thats possible

Whats your preference ....?

The Alphabet or The Unibrow...
          - TGO

Comment

Theres always a choice....
            Even watching a game between Denmark and Belarus in the world juniors you cheer for someone...if thats possible

Whats your preference ....?

The Alphabet or The Unibrow...
            My preference is that the team throw everything they have at each of those players as they hit free agency, and stop only if one of them signs. Who cares which one? Pair either up with Kawhi (presuming that's what he wants) and you are set.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Davis is unquestionably more skilled, Giannis is more raw power. It's kind of a Duncan/Shaq comparison.

If Davis was durable I would take him but the guy has nine locker room visits this year... he's always getting dinged up and I would worry about that more than I would worry about Giannis's shooting.

But obviously as Dan said you throw everything you have at both of them. They're both destined to be all timers.

Comment

My preference is that the team throw everything they have at each of those players as they hit free agency, and stop only if one of them signs. Who cares which one? Pair either up with Kawhi (presuming that's what he wants) and you are set.
                LOL.. cmon Dan... its a binary question.....

The Alphabet
                or
                The Brow...

A or B

Black or White....

Pick one... The scenario bumps up against a tenforthewin trade post... It really doesn't matter... who ya got ?
                - TGO

Comment

LOL.. cmon Dan... its a binary question.....

The Alphabet
                  or
                  The Brow...

A or B

Black or White....

Pick one... The scenario bumps up against a tenforthewin trade post... It really doesn't matter... who ya got ?
                  Your question was who I chase harder and I answered that. Neither. I throw the max at either of them.

As for your new binary question, that's one I wouldn't have engaged with in the first place. Just like I've learned not to engage with tenforthewin trade posts (mostly).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Davis is unquestionably more skilled, Giannis is more raw power. It's kind of a Duncan/Shaq comparison.

If Davis was durable I would take him but the guy has nine locker room visits this year... he's always getting dinged up and I would worry about that more than I would worry about Giannis's shooting.

But obviously as Dan said you throw everything you have at both of them. They're both destined to be all timers.
                    So ..who ya got ... Cold metal .44 behind your left ear.. choose.... just a or b...

Personally I like Davis for his ability to be THE frontcourt for a long time....I love Giannas because he is just impossible to defend and he can play D as well.....but I already hypothetically have Leonard which to me anyway...is as good as Giannas.

Whatdayasay ? The Brow or the Alphabet ?
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 27, 2018, 06:29 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Assuming Kawhi is still here, I'd rather pair him up with Davis. Davis doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Giannis wants to put on a show. Kawhi likes having the ball in his hands. You have him as the Robin to Giannis's Superman and it could create a riff. Davis won't need to bring the ball up. He can but that's not what makes him special.

The defense would be far superior with Davis/Kawhi than with Giannis/Kawhi too. Giannis is an elite defender, but Davis is on another level.

You won't get 82 games with Davis. And that's the only flaw he has. So you have to keep him healthy.. and hope he's available in the playoffs.

The chances of getting Davis are really really slim. Just don't see any reason why he'd want to go to Toronto. Giannis at least has some ties here (to Masai specifically for bringing his family to NA).

Comment

Your question was who I chase harder and I answered that. Neither. I throw the max at either of them.

As for your new binary question, that's one I wouldn't have engaged with in the first place. Just like I've learned not to engage with tenforthewin trade posts (mostly).
                        That was a question... but theres a new question.... and you are word salad-ing around it like a liberal at a deposition....
                        Two guys.. you got first pick...
                        Do you take The Unibrow or The Alphabet...

Its not a felony.. or a misdamenor or even a fine to pick one... its an opinion on a sports message board...

Cmon man.. make your pick...
                        - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Assuming Kawhi is still here, I'd rather pair him up with Davis. Davis doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Giannis wants to put on a show. Kawhi likes having the ball in his hands. You have him as the Robin to Giannis's Superman and it could create a riff. Davis won't need to bring the ball up. He can but that's not what makes him special.

The defense would be far superior with Davis/Kawhi than with Giannis/Kawhi too. Giannis is an elite defender, but Davis is on another level.

You won't get 82 games with Davis. And that's the only flaw he has. So you have to keep him healthy.. and hope he's available in the playoffs.

The chances of getting Davis are really really slim. Just don't see any reason why he'd want to go to Toronto. Giannis at least has some ties here (to Masai specifically for bringing his family to NA).
                          Same here...

So its 2 for The Brow....and two serious wafflers
                          - TGO

Comment

• Toronto has a history of fielding less than good looking stars Bosh, DeMar and even Lowry.
                            That means we sign the Brow, book it.

But Giannis is like a sculped God, a marketers dream in multicutural Toronto. So that means we sign him, book it lol

If I had to choose one straight up, it's Giannis. But to play with Kawhi (who we all know is re-signing here) I take Davis.

Comment

• How legit as playoff threats are the Nuggets and the Pacers?

Each having great seasons, Pacers keep making gains on the top of the East yet no one is talking about them.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That was a question... but theres a new question.... and you are word salad-ing around it like a liberal at a deposition....
                                Two guys.. you got first pick...
                                Do you take The Unibrow or The Alphabet...

Its not a felony.. or a misdamenor or even a fine to pick one... its an opinion on a sports message board...

Cmon man.. make your pick...
                                I'll answer for Dan. It's the much younger one can defend 5 positions and is lined up to take the title of Best Player Alive for an extended run when lebron finally gets old. The one who has his team 2nd in the east not 14th in the west. The one who's body and athleticism has no prior comparables.

It's the freak every day, and twice on sundays.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X