Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I'm on Indy's bandwagon, I think Oladipo is a stud. Finally given the minutes and the role to expand on his game. He was well-worth the 4th pick in the draft. Orlando was a bad situation and in OKC had to defer to an insanely ball-dominant Westbrook MVP season. I originally was in the group of "Indy is not that good," but, I am convinced. They added Tyreke Evans, McDermott, O'Quinn, and aside from Oladipo, Sabonis and a learner Myles Turner will grow from last season. They've got a solid depth chart.
    Oladipo is a future MVP candidate. Write that down.

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
      Oladipo is a future MVP candidate. Write that down.
      "Take that for data!"
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        It’s a bit like the trade for Robbie Alomar and Joe Carter....lots of fans upset at losing McGriff and Tony Fernandez but it kinda worked out....same as the Wendell Clarke to Nordiques for Matt’s....

Leonard is the better player and a bit younger...you make that trade 100 times out of 100.
        Love Demar..loved the loyalty..the discipline..his game...but if you love upping your odds of winning....you have to park the emotional attachment..Ujiri is taking an informed risk with a ton of upside. Winning will cure any heartache.
        Exactly. Upping the odds. You have to make this deal.

I'd much rather risk Kawhi leaving but a real, legitimate chance at an NBA Finals vs. two, three years of early playoff exits.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• At 280 Lbs.. is Joel Embiid to big and perhaps a bit too slow for todays NBA ?

He is listed at 250... but Serena Williams is also listed at 160LBs.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 18, 2018, 04:18 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

At 280 Lbs.. is Joel Embiid to big and perhaps a bit too slow for todays NBA ?

Feels like a bit of a minor miracle that Embiid managed to get through the whole year relatively healthy. But a big man with a history of leg/foot problems....I wouldn't bet on a long career.

Comment

At 280 Lbs.. is Joel Embiid to big and perhaps a bit too slow for todays NBA ?

Definitely. As Nilanka mentioned, he's already got foot/leg problems, and he's playing in a league where the pace has pretty much doubled. He is slow and big, but that's also his advantage when the games goes half-court.

Comment

• Guys, theres plenty of reasons to believe we're better than philly. Inexperience, durability issues, lack of shooting, lack of depth. Theres no need to try and convince yourselves embiid will regress.

Injuries are his downfall. Let's not pretend when hes on the court hes anything but a beast. If healthy hes top 3 in the east

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Guys, theres plenty of reasons to believe we're better than philly. Inexperience, durability issues, lack of shooting, lack of depth. Theres no need to try and convince yourselves embiid will regress.

Injuries are his downfall. Let's not pretend when hes on the court hes anything but a beast. If healthy hes top 3 in the east
                  It’s not a musing about Philly..it’s a question/musing on if the greatest twitter maven of his era can be or will be as relevant on the court at 280lbs as he is in the media in a league that’s moving away from slow moving back to the basket post players.

The JV question using JE.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 18, 2018, 05:47 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

It’s not a musing about Philly..it’s a question/musing on if the greatest twitter maven of his era can be or will be as relevant on the court at 280lbs as he is in the media in a league that’s moving away from slow moving back to the basket post players.

The JV question using JE.
                    I mean hes already dominated in the current nba at a very young age not sure why we're expecting it to change as he gains experience and moves toward his mid 20s

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I mean hes already dominated in the current nba at a very young age not sure why we're expecting it to change as he gains experience and moves toward his mid 20s
                      He’s already in his mid 20s...he will be 25 before the playoffs.

Cheap shot aside... He did get run (literally and figuratively) off the court by the Chowdas. In a copycat league I’m sure notes were made.

It may have been a case of the shorts on money this year but a comparable to Embiid was Boogie Cousins and no one really stepped up to pay him long term this year. Was it Cousins injury..maybe...Was it’s Cousins Rep as a hothead..maybe. Was it that the offensive schemes have changed to the point that speed at the 5 is more desireable than bulk..maybe.

Be interesting to see if JV arrives in camp 15 lbs lighter...
                      - TGO

Comment

Cheap shot aside... He did get run (literally and figuratively) off the court by the Chowdas. In a copycat league I’m sure notes were made.

It may have been a case of the shorts on money this year but a comparable to Embiid was Boogie Cousins and no one really stepped up to pay him long term this year. Was it Cousins injury..maybe...Was it’s Cousins Rep as a hothead..maybe. Was it that the offensive schemes have changed to the point that speed at the 5 is more desireable than bulk..maybe.

He needs to be lighter. The way his body has progressed has hindered him greatly since his first two seasons in the NBA. He went from being the active, long, athletic 7' footer with a motor, to the slow-footed, low-post guy who can barely bend his knees in a defensive stance. God, I hated when he switched out and just threw his arm out in front as if it was going to do anything.

Comment

Never thought about the Boogie comparison before, but you might be on to something. Here is the player comparison at age 23. Pretty close....

http://bkref.com/tiny/t69Vk

Comment

• With the Blue Jays demise this summer I wondered where all those really drunk bozos who yell and scream profanities at the top of their lungs at everything from the players to the ball boys went just before they puke on their pants ...I think they got twitter ID's.

Had a quick look over at whats going on in Celtics world on their 3 or 4 sites.... Just killing time waiting for the Raps to actually get on the court and seeing if there is anything new with the guys who figure to be right there at the end with the Raps.

A little karma in that ChowdaNation is more than a little pissed that the Knicks are perceived to be making it no secret of the notion they'd like Kyrie Irving on their payroll next year. I guess the non stop Anthony Davis stuff was different as it was them. Kyrie is from Brooklyn.... Boston is not the most open minded of cities... they do have reason to be concerned.

They think they just have too many good players and worry how the minutes will be divided up and if that will cause issues. They also worry about the injury bug hitting them as the articles theme hit on that they are the unluckiest team in the NBA. Rich from a team with more miracle finishes than Loudres last year.

One of the sites says the top 3 challengers to Chowda dominance in order will be Sixers, Pacers and.. yes are you ready for it....the Whiz. Normally you'd think good trolling.. but this is a Celtics heavy site. I checked.. and it was written Sept 12th.

They think they are completely disrespected by ESPN as they never get the nod as the preseason pick to win the east. This year they are floored that its those chokers from Toronto that get that nod. No it wasn't the same site that called out the Sixers/Pacers/Wizards to give them a run for the East.

Fans will be fans eh...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 18, 2018, 11:23 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demo, picking at scabs is bad for your skin
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Demo, picking at scabs is bad for your skin
                                This could be my favourite post of all time.

T-Rex and Shao talk a good game, make some claims. ...
                                But S.R. — you sir, are a bad and dangerous man.

Comment

Working...
                                X