Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Meh,

Lowry is a solid PG. His buddy ot moved, he was pissed. Clearly a lot of guys here have no friends and spend a LOT of time in Mom's basement, because if you didn't, you'd know, you don't go on TV or whatever and talk about that crap with the media, WHO AREN'T you friends, when your bestbud is at the center of it all.

Kawhi and Lowry will be quite happy together once they get up and going. All this gibberish is just Joly/ August talk.

messageboards go a little snakey during the summer!
    Are we sure hes mad? He had issues with Casey and Demar regarding the teams playstyle in the past. I would think Lowry is happy with KL on the team.

Just because they're great friends off the court doesn't mean Lowry loved playing with Demar.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      Are we sure hes mad? He had issues with Casey and Demar regarding the teams playstyle in the past. I would think Lowry is happy with KL on the team.

Just because they're great friends off the court doesn't mean Lowry loved playing with Demar.
      This is what I always wondered, too. The Raptors, statistically, were always better when DeRozan was off the floor (just going off the top of my head here based on +/-).

I didn't really think their partnership was ever really as... seamless, as people made it to be. Put away the high off-ball screen where DeRozan catches the alley-oop, I didn't ever think they had a great on-court partnership.

There were few times that I could actually remember where they both played off one another. More often than not, DeRozan has the ball at the top, Lowry sets a screen to get the defender to switch, and DeRozan goes iso.

There is really only two great arguments in my opinion for best backcourts, and that's Curry/Thompson (obviously), and Paul/Harden.

I think Lillard/McCollum are victim to what Lowry/DeRozan are, esp. because neither are pass-first players and poor defenders.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear we are set to blow it up next year. We have the next generation on the bench already.

Conversely we are also more or less set for the next five if a certain person re-signs with us.

Lowry should be flipped next year regardless. Hopefully one of Wright of FVV have grown into that role by then or we are going shopping. Unless Ibaka has some kind of resurgence this year we are likely flipping him as well.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I really don't think Lowry should be flipped if Kawhi re-signs.

The sales pitch is we have Lowry as a second star next year, and a lot of youth getting better and better. And that Lowry's big expiring the following summer will allow us to chase a second superstar if that's what Kawhi wants.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            I really don't think Lowry should be flipped if Kawhi re-signs.

The sales pitch is we have Lowry as a second star next year, and a lot of youth getting better and better. And that Lowry's big expiring the following summer will allow us to chase a second superstar if that's what Kawhi wants.
            This!... we trade Klow and we risk losing Kawhi next season.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              This!... we trade Klow and we risk losing Kawhi next season.
              Also I really dont think Lowry will get a big next contract in his mid 30s and he will definitely still be a contributor. There really aren't a lot of obvious moves that make sense. I think the only pgs I would rather have for this roster would be Curry and Chris Paul tbh, not saying Lowry is the 3rd best in a vacuum, but man he fits into this roster well.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Also I really dont think Lowry will get a big next contract in his mid 30s and he will definitely still be a contributor. There really aren't a lot of obvious moves that make sense. I think the only pgs I would rather have for this roster would be Curry and Chris Paul tbh, not saying Lowry is the 3rd best in a vacuum, but man he fits into this roster well.
                Lowry is not Chris Paul.. but Chris Paul got a max contract at the age of 33. And Paul has more of an injury history than Lowry too. I don't really think Lowry would ask or get a discount. If Kawhi stays.. I think Lowry gets a $30M type of deal.. maybe a 1+1 deal.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Lowry is not Chris Paul.. but Chris Paul got a max contract at the age of 33. And Paul has more of an injury history than Lowry too. I don't really think Lowry would ask or get a discount. If Kawhi stays.. I think Lowry gets a $30M type of deal.. maybe a 1+1 deal.
                  I mean, Lowry isn't getting 30 mill on the open market now, nor will he in two years.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    I mean, Lowry isn't getting 30 mill on the open market now, nor will he in two years.
                    $30M is a little high for sure.. but he still got around $30M last year and it didn't look like too many teams were interested in him.. especially at that cost.

2 years is a long time.. but if Kawhi resigns.. Masai has a lot of work to do.. All contracts except for Norm's come off the books by then. He will have to make a lot of decisions. Fred and Kyle will both be UFA's that summer. And it's possible that Lowry will still be as good then as he is now... especially if we continue to reduce his minutes like we did last year.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      ... if Kawhi resigns.. Masai has a lot of work to do.. All contracts except for Norm's come off the books by then. He will have to make a lot of decisions. ...
                      And I'm sure he will be LOVIN' IT. All of his draftees, plus Kawhi to build around. He'll be the league's happiest GM, if he's not already.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                        Demare was his friend and now I think he is going to pout over his trade to San Antonio! He will be a distraction in the dressing room! We have Fred VanFleet who I think can step right in as well as Delon Wright as back up with Lorenzo Brown. We are set at point guard! Trade Kyle to Cleveland with CJ Miles for Kyle Korver, Hill , Clarkson and #1 draft pick and we are cooking ! We then save a lot of money as far as cap room getting rid of Lowry !
                        This is actually the absolute worst time to deal Kyle. The Raptors didn't kill DeMar, they traded him. Kyle now has a much better chance at winning it all and he really wants to win so he'll show up. This is his team for now. Kawhi won't have that locker room at the onset, the Raptors need Kyle to be the vocal guy in the room because he's earned their trust and respect. I don't buy into the Kyle/DeMar bromance being on a level where Kyle would act like a dick to his other friends and colleagues in the locker room. That's a silly, petty, bitch move. That's not him, come on.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          This is actually the absolute worst time to deal Kyle. The Raptors didn't kill DeMar, they traded him. Kyle now has a much better chance at winning it all and he really wants to win so he'll show up. This is his team for now. Kawhi won't have that locker room at the onset, the Raptors need Kyle to be the vocal guy in the room because he's earned their trust and respect. I don't buy into the Kyle/DeMar bromance being on a level where Kyle would act like a dick to his other friends and colleagues in the locker room. That's a silly, petty, bitch move. That's not him, come on.
                          Agree. Two things motivate NBA stars. Money and winning. Feel free to assign your own relative importance to either. Even Kawhi, one of the most enigmatic players in the league, has said that all he cares about is winning. No need to worry about Kyle if Kawhi is onboard this year. If the Raptors win the East and lose to the Warriors, Leonard is going to look around the league and try to figure out which team has a better chance at winning, and then which team has the ability to make him more money.
                          If he sees the Raptors as occupying both spots, it's a no brained for him to resign. I'm not worried about winter. He's not a paper mache doll. His condo will have a thermostat and his vehicle will be warm when he steps into his underground parking.

From my perspective, Masai needs to look around and figure out who looks like a winner after next year, and what do the Raptors have to do to look better. What combination of players/picks will land them that next piece? How much internal growth has to occur to improve the current roster so that they look like that most likely team, or for the Raps to have pieces for trades that will turn them into that team.

Comment

Working...
                          X