Everything Backup Center 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Backup Center 2018-19

Quite new to these forums so dont know if the title is allowed or something similar is posted.
    If so let's chat back up Center.
    Who would you like to see?
    Christian Wood
    Thomas Robinson
    Greg Monroe(yikes)
    Other?

Is Loren Woods available? 😎

Comment

Christian Wood is my pick and he's been my pick for a pick up for a while.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Just Is; Thu Aug 2, 2018, 08:18 AM.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well, first off, I'd prefer to see a third string C.

If they are looking for a real backup C, I'd expect them to pursue trade options for Norm or Miles to get a real contributor (while keeping overall costs down).

But for a third stringer, someone like Bebe or Wood makes plenty of sense to me. Hard to find injury insurance that can really replace someone like JV in a lineup and also wouldn't demand minutes every night. If Monroe is open to the minimum and no minutes, sure, that sounds great, but I have a hard time imagining that's the case.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
          Christian Woods is my pick and he's been my pick for a pick up for a while.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
          What does he need to do to get a real chance?
          What are his weaknesses?

Comment

Ibaka is the backup C. If the Raptors get one of the guys that you mentioned, they'd be nothing more than 3rd stringer aka bench warmer.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Christian Wood hands down

Comment

Where's Andrew Bogut these days?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Where's Andrew Bogut these days?
                  At a Nazi rally waving a Pepe flag
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I expect Ibaka to be the backup centre on the depth chart, if they end up starting Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Valanciunas.

Personally, I'd rather take the flyer on Boucher as their third-stringer. Saw him up close and personal when I covered Team Canada vs. Team China in Vancouver.

Boucher is damn long, active, can crash the boards and has terrific defensive instincts. Obviously the competition isn't nearly as good (no offense), but he has serious potential.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      Is Loren Woods available? 😎
                      omg what a throwback

he used to be my password to get into my computer when I was like 11

him and milt palacio were my favourite players at the time for some reason (their names lmao)

Comment

Jason Thompson

Comment

Amare Stoudemire

Comment

I'd rather have a guy that can play with JV as opposed to just another big that you'd have to pair with Siakam or OG.

I like the idea of starting JV and OG together. I also feel like Serge would be better off coming off the bench. Although I don't know how he'd do in Poeltl's old role. Poeltl had great energy and was really good at running the floor and flying around in the post. Serge is slow as molasses. He might actually be slower than JV at this point. His "pace" can affect the rhythm the bench had all season long last year.

Either way.. if we get a 4th big I'd rather have the big be flexible enough where he can play the 5.. but can also be paired up with JV or Serge. That gives us more depth since our only true PF is really Siakam. OG at the 4 is really an experiment and one that might not work out to well (we'll see).

So when names like Wood, Bebe, Monroe are thrown around it makes me go meh. Would rather take a flyer on someone like Booker or West as they can play the 4 and 5.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

So when names like Wood, Bebe, Monroe are thrown around it makes me go meh. Would rather take a flyer on someone like Booker or West as they can play the 4 and 5.
                              I feel like wood could play the 4 as well. He's about the same height as Serge (slightly taller), but it's 15 pounds lighter and much faster. It looks like he's got a 3pt range and great shot blocking instincts, which actually reminds me a lot of younger Serge. I don't know how he does attacking closeouts on the perimeter (but Ibaka himslef fouls a lot on those).

Agree with Bebe and Monroe though, they're strictly centers, but I think wood would be more versatile. He's also only 22, and as a big, will typically peak later. I think that out of anyone that can be signed by the minimum, he's the player with the best combination of "ready to contribute now" and future upside, while also being the most versatile.

Comment

Working...
                              X